- Volume 23 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Process Modeling of the Coal-firing Power Plant as a Testbed for the Improvement of the System and Equipment
화력발전 시스템 및 설비 개선 실증을 위한 열물질정산 공정모델 개발
- Ahn, Hyungjun (Korea Institute of Industrial Technology) ;
- Choi, Seukcheun (Korea Institute of Industrial Technology) ;
- Lee, Youngjae (Korea Institute of Industrial Technology) ;
- Kim, Beom Soo (Korea Electric Power Research Institute)
- Received : 2017.09.20
- Accepted : 2018.01.11
- Published : 2018.03.30
Heat and mass balance process modeling has been conducted for a coal-firing power plant to be used as a testbed facility for development of various plant systems and equipment. As the material and design of the boiler tube bundle and fuel conversion to the biomass have become major concerns, the process modeling is required to incorporate those features in its calculation. The simulation cases for two different generation load show the satisfying results compared to the operational data from the actual system. Based on the established process conditions, the hypothetical case using wood pellet has also been simulated. Additional calculations for the tube bundle has been conducted regarding the changes in the tube material and design.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원
- J. Hong, G. Chaudhry, J.G. Brisson, R. Field, M. Gazzino, A.F. Ghoniem, Analysis of Oxy-Fuel Combustion Power Cycle Utilizing a Pressurized Coal Combustor, Energy, 34(9) (2009) 1332-1340. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2009.05.015
- K.J. Lee, S.M. Choi, T.H. Kim, S.I. Seo, Performance Evaluation of an Oxy-Coal-Fired Power Generation System - Thermodynamic Evaluation of Power Cycle, J. Korean Soc. Combust., 15(2) (2010) 1-11.
- S. Kim, H. Ahn, S. Choi, T. Kim, Impurity Effects on the Oxy-Coal Combustion Power Generation System, Int. J. Greenh. Gas Con., 11 (2012) 262-270. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijggc.2012.09.002
- T.Y. Mun, Z.T. Tefera, U. Lee, J.W. Lee, W. Yang, Evaluation of Plant Performance during Biomass Co-Firing in Pulverized Coal Power Plant, J. Korean Soc. Combust., 19(3) (2014) 8-17. https://doi.org/10.15231/JKSC.2014.19.3.008
T. Kim, W. Yang, Influence of Biomass Co-Firing on a Domestic Pulverized Coal Power Plant in terms of
$CO_2$Abatement and Economical Feasibility, J. Korean Soc. Combust., 22(1) (2017) 14-22. https://doi.org/10.15231/JKSC.2017.22.1.014
- Power Plant Simulator & Designer Version 16.1, Reference Manual Graphical User Interface, KED GmbH., 2016.
- F. Alobaid, N. Mertens, R. Starkloff, T. Lanz, C. Heinze B. Epple, Progress in Dynamic Simulation of Thermal Power Plants, Prog. Energy Combust. Sci., 59 (2016) 79-162.
- E. A. Herranz, Short-Term Measurement of High-Temperature Chlorine-Induced Corrosion and Agglomeration during Biomass and Waste Combustion, Ph.D. Thesis, Technical University of Munich, Munich, 2011, 123-124.