- Volume 23 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Effect of LII Interference on the Measurement of PAH's LIF Signals using Ar-Ion Laser
아르곤이온 레이저를 이용한 확산화염 내 PAH의 LIF 신호 측정에 LII 신호가 미치는 영향
- Ahn, Taekook (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Dankook university) ;
- Bae, Seungman (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Dankook university) ;
- Lee, Wonnam (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Dankook university) ;
- Park, Sunho (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Dankook university)
- Received : 2017.12.06
- Accepted : 2018.02.12
- Published : 2018.03.30
The effect of LII interference on the measurement of LIF signals from PAH in a diffusion flame has been investigated. Argon-ion laser at 488 nm was vertically or horizontally polarized, and irradiated to the centerline of the flame at varying flame height. Signals from PAH-rich regions measured at 515 nm were mostly LIF signals, however, signals from soot-rich regions were determined to be mixed with Mie scattering signals and/or LII signals. Signals measured 1 mm above the excitation height were mostly LII signals from soot particles. The results show that a quantitative determination of the LIF's contribution to the measured signals would be difficult as long as the experimental setup described here is used for the regions where PAHs and soot particles exist together.
Grant : 선박배출 대기오염원(PM, BC) 기후변화 영향평가 및 저감기술 개발
Supported by : 해양수산부, 한국연구재단
- J.W. Son, Y.H. Min, C.H. Sohn, An Experimental Study on Characteristics of Flame and Combustion Stability of Coaxial Jet Injection, J. Korean Soc. Combust., 21(2) (2016) 15-21. https://doi.org/10.15231/jksc.2016.21.2.015
- H.S. Ha, J.S. Shin, H.S. Jung, S.K. Pyo, J.H. Kang, An Evaluation of Emission Characteristics and Fuel Consumption on the Off-Road Diesel Engine Using VGT and EGR, J. Korean Soc. Combust., 21(2) (2016) 1-6. https://doi.org/10.15231/JKSC.2016.21.2.001
- Y.C. Lim, H.K. Suh, Prediction of Biodiesel Combustion, CO and NOx Emission Characteristics in Accordance with Equivalence Ratio, J. Korean Soc. Combust., 21(1) (2016) 1-7. https://doi.org/10.15231/jksc.2016.21.1.001
- R.J. Santoro, T.T. Yeh, J.J. Horvath, H.G. Semerjian, The Transport and Growth of Soot Particles in Laminar Diffusion Flames, Combust. Sci. Technol., 53(2-3) (1987) 89-115. https://doi.org/10.1080/00102208708947022
- B.S. Haynes, H.G. Wagner, Soot Formation, Prog. Energy Combust. Sci., 7(4) (1981) 229-273. https://doi.org/10.1016/0360-1285(81)90001-0
- C.J. Dasch, Continuous-Wave Probe Laser Investigation of Laser Vaporization of Small Soot Particles in a Flame, Appl. Opt., 23(13) (1984) 2209-2215. https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.23.002209
- D.S. Moon, Y.W. Nam and W.N. Lee, PAH and Soot Distribution of Multi-Concentric Ethylene Diffusion Flames with an Annular Flame Inside, The 41st KOSCO Symposium, 2010, 151-157.
- K. Lee, Y. Han, W. Lee, J. Chung, C. Lee, Quantitative Measurements of Soot Particles in a Laminar Diffusion Flame Using a LII/LIS Technique, Meas. Sci. Technol., 16(2) (2005) 519-529. https://doi.org/10.1088/0957-0233/16/2/026
- Y.T. Han, J.Y. Lee, J.W. Lim, K.D. Min, A Study on the Soot Measurement in Laminar and Turbulent Diffusion Flame Using the Laser Diagnostics, Trans. Korean, Soc. Auto. Eng., 17(6) (2009) 8-17.
- S. Lim, T. Ahn, S. Lee, S. Park, Optical Measurement of Volume Fraction and Organic Mass Fraction of Ultra-Fine Soot Particles Emitted from Inverse Diffusion Flames, Fuel, 210 (2017) 455-462. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2017.08.113
- R.J. Santoro, H.G. Semerjian, R.A. Dobbins, Soot Particle Measurements in Diffusion Flames, Combust. Flame, 51 (1983) 203-218. https://doi.org/10.1016/0010-2180(83)90099-8
- J.Y. Hwang, W. Lee, H.G. Kang, S.H Chung, Synergistic Effect of Ethylene-Propane Mixture on Soot Formation in Laminar Diffusion Flames, Combust. Flame, 114(3-4) (1998) 370-380. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0010-2180(97)00295-2
- J.S. Lee, Y.W. Nam and W.N. Lee, Flow Velocity Measurement for Laminar Diffusion Flames Utilizing LII Signal from Soot Particles, The 32nd KOSCO Symposium, 2006, 157-163.
- Y.W. Nam, Effects of Soot Concentration and Flame Temperature on Soot Formation and Flame Instability of Laminar Diffusion Flames, Ph.D. Thesis, Dankook University, Yongin, 2010.
- C.F. Bohren, D.R, Huffman, Absorption and Scattering of Light by Small Particles, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 2008, 130-136.
- R.A. Dobbins, R.J. Santoro, H.G. Semerjian, Interpretation of Optical Measurements of Soot in Flames, Progr. Astronaut. Aero., 92 (1984) 208-237.
- J.S. Lee, Flow Velocity Measurement for Laminar Diffusion Flames Utilizing LII Signal from Soot Particles, M.S. Thesis, Dankook University, Yongin, 2006.
- H.A. Michelsen, Laser-Induced Incandescence of Flame-Generated Soot on a Picosecond Time Scale, Appl. Phys. B, 83(3) (2006) 443-448. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00340-006-2226-x