- Volume 16 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Equity of Regulation in Advertising
광고에 있어 규제의 형평성에 관한 연구
- Choi, Min-Wook (Dept. of Advertising & Public Relations, Namseoul University)
- 최민욱 (남서울대학교 광고홍보학과)
- Received : 2018.09.30
- Accepted : 2018.11.20
- Published : 2018.11.28
This study attempts to examine the equity of regulation in advertising. After scrutinizing asymmetric regulation in advertising, this study propose measures to increase the equity of advertising regulation. This study proposed horizontal regulation and unification of regulatory agencies as direction of increasing the equity of regulation in advertising. In order to ensure the equity of advertising regulation in the new types of media that appear in various ways, horizontal regulation that decides advertising regulation policy based on the nature of contents or service is desirable. To increase the equity of regulation in advertising, it is recommended that the advertising regulatory system be operated with integrated regulatory organization.
Equity of regulation;Advertising;Asymmetric regulation;Horizontal regulation;Unification of regulatory agencies
- B. H. Kim. (1995). Perceptions of Advertising Practitioners to Current Advertising Policies and Issues in the Digital Broadcast. The Korean Journal of Advertising and Public Relations, 8(2), 275-304.
- Y. S. Yum. (2008). Recent Issues and Debates on the Digital Convergence in Korea : Focusing on the Regulatory Bodies and Systems. Journal of Media Law, Ethics and Policy Research, 7(1), 59-103.
- M. W. Choi & I. G. Yoon (2011). A Study on the Perception of Ad Agency Practitioners about Advertising Regulation Issue in the Circumstances of Convergence. Journal of Broadcasting and Telecommunications Research, 75, 116-147.
- I. S. Pool. (1993). Technologies of Freedom. Havard University Press.
- T. G. Krttenmaker & L. A. Powe jr. (1994). Regulating Broadcasting Programming. Cambridge MA : MIT Press.
- R. H. Coase. (1959). The Federal Communications Commission. Journal of Law & Economics, 2, 34-39.
- M. L. Spitzer. (1994). The Constitutionality of Licensing Broadcasters. Law Review, 64, 1002-1025.
- M. S. Kim. (2014). The Equity of Media Regulations. Kookmin Law Review, 26(3), 63-96. https://doi.org/10.17251/legal.2014.26.3.63
- H G. Kim & Y. R. Cha. (2009). A Study on the Regulation Policy of Interactive Advertising in the Digital Age. The Korean Journal of Advertising, 20(2), 125-151.
- S. D. Lee. (2006). An Exploratory Study on several problems 0f Laws and regulations Governing Several Problems of Laws and Regulations Governing Broadcasting Program Sponsoring. Journal of Communication Science, 6(3), 448-484.
- S. M. Cha. (2010). Regulation of Communications Operator in the Convergence Age: Focusing on Equity between Common Carrier and Service-based Carrie. IT & Law Review, 4, 117-142.
- D H. Kim (2007). Issues of Horizontal Regulatory System Applicable for the Convergence of Broadcasting and Telecommunications. Korean telecommunications policy review, 14(1), 19-43.
- D C. Sicker & J. L. Mindel. (2002). Refinements of Layered Model for Telecommunications Policy. Journal on Telecommunications and High technology Law, 1, 69-94.
- K. Werbach. (2002). A Layered Model for internet policy. Journal on Telecommunications and High technology Law, 1, 37-67.
- A. Brown. (2006). Advertising Regulation and co-regulation: The Challenge of Change. Institute of Economic Affairs.