- Volume 14 Issue 4
Text has evolved along with the history of art as a means of communicating human intentions and emotions. In addition, text visualization artworks have been combined with the social form and contents of new media to produce social messages and related meanings. Recently, in text visualization artworks combined with digital media, communication forms with viewers are changing instantly and interactively, and viewers are actively participating in creating artworks by direct engagement. Interactive text visualization with additional viewer's interaction, generates external dynamics from text shapes and internal dynamics from embedded meanings of text. The purpose of this study is to propose a visual dynamics model to express the dynamics of text and to implement a text visualization system based on the model. It uses the deconstruction of the imaged text to create an interactive text visualization system that reacts to the gestures of the viewer in real time. Visual Transformation synchronized with the intentions of the viewer prevent the text from remaining in the interpretation of language symbols and extend the various meanings of the text. The visualized text in various forms shows visual dynamics that interpret the meaning according to the cultural background of the viewer.
- For the Guggenheim, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT62rD7wPkU/ (accessed Sep. 12, 2018).
- Text Rain, http://camilleutterback.com/projects/text-rain/ (accessed Sep. 12, 2018).
- Written Forms, http://camilleutterback.com/projects/written-forms/ (accessed Sep. 12, 2018).
- R. Yoshioka, "3D Kanji: A new paradigm of 3D objects to exploit additional dimensions of human sense for enhancing expression," Journal of Visual Languages & Computing, vol. 28, pp. 250-272, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvlc.2015.02.003
- J. A. Russell, "Evidence of convergent validity on the dimensions of affect," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, vol. 36, no. 10, pp. 1152-1168, 1978. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.1992
- J. A. Russell and A. Mehrabian, "Evidence for a three-factor theory of emotions," Journal of research in Personality, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 273-294, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1016/0092-6566(77)90037-X
- H. Lovheim, "A new three-dimensional model for emotions and monoamine neurotransmitters," Medical hypotheses, vol. 78, no. 2, pp. 341-348, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mehy.2011.11.016
- S. Y. Lim, "Emotional Communication on Interactive Typography System," International Journal of Contents, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 41-44, 2018. https://doi.org/10.5392/IJOC.2018.14.2.041
- S. Y. Lim, 3D Interactive Typography with Character Deconstruction on Visual Dynamics Model, Ph.D. Thesis, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Republic of Korea, 2018.