- Volume 43 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
An Integrated System for Radioluminescence, Thermoluminescence and Optically Stimulated Luminescence Measurements
- Park, Chang-Young (Department of Physics and Research Institute of Natural Science, Gyeongsnag National University) ;
- Park, Young-Kook (Department of Physics and Research Institute of Natural Science, Gyeongsnag National University) ;
- Chung, Ki-Soo (Department of Physics and Research Institute of Natural Science, Gyeongsnag National University) ;
- Lee, Jong-Duk (College of Interdisciplinary and Creative Studies, Konyang University) ;
- Lee, Jungil (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Jang-Lyul (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute)
- Received : 2018.08.04
- Accepted : 2018.11.05
- Published : 2018.12.31
Background: This study aims to develop an integrated optical system that can simultaneously or selectively measure the signals obtained from radioluminescence (RL), thermoluminescence (TL), and optically stimulated luminescence (OSL), which are luminescence phenomena of materials stimulated by radioactivity, heat, and light, respectively. The luminescence mechanism of various materials could be investigated using the glow curves of the luminescence materials. Materials and Methods: RL/TL/OSL integrated measuring system was equipped with a X-ray tube (50 kV,
Supported by : Gyeongsang National University
- Chen R, Pagonis V. Thermally and Optically Stimulated Luminescence. 1st Ed. East Sussex. Wiley. UK. 2011;7-28.
- Huntley DJ, Godfrey-Smith DI, Thewalt MLW. Optical dating of sediments. Nature. 1985;313:105-107. https://doi.org/10.1038/313105a0
- Yukihara EG, McKeever SWS. Optically Stimulated Luminescence: Fundamentals and Applications. 1st Ed. East Sussex. Wiley. UK. 2011;14-33.
- McKeever SWS. Thermoluminescence of Solids. 1st Ed. Cambridge. Cambridge University Press. Cambridge, UK. 1985;40-63.
Damkjær SMS, Andersen CE, Aznar MC. Improved real-time dosimetry using the radioluminescence signal from
$Al_2O_3$:C. Radiat. Meas. 2008;43(2-6):893-897. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radmeas.2007.11.052
- Park CY, Chung KS, Lee JD, Chang IS, Lee JI, Kim JL. Development of OSL dosimetry reader. J. Radiat. Prot. Reas. 2012;37(1):10-15.
- Park CY, Chung KS, Lee JD, Chang IS, Lee JI, Kim JL. Development of thermoluminescence and optical stimulated luminescence measurements system. J. Radiat. Prot. Reas. 2015;40(1):46-54. https://doi.org/10.14407/jrp.2015.40.1.046
- Lee JI, Kim JL, Yang JS, Pradhan AS, Kim BH, Chung KS, Choe HS. Dual-step thermal treatment for the stability of glow curve structure and the TL sensitivity of the newly developed LiF:Mg, Cu,Si. Radiat. Meas. 2007;42(4-5):597-600. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radmeas.2007.01.080
- Pradhan AS, Lee JI, Kim JL, Chung KS, Choe HS, Lim KS. TL glow curve shape and response of LiF:Mg,Cu,Si-Effect of heating rate. Radiat. Meas. 2008;43(2-6):361-364. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radmeas.2007.10.016
- Chung KS, Lee JI, Kim JL. A computer program for the deconvolution of the thermoluminescence glow curves by employing the interactive trap model. Radiat. Meas. 2012;47(9):766-769. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radmeas.2012.03.026
- Chung KS, Park CY, Lee JI, Kim JL. An algorithm for the integrated deconvolution of radioluminescence and thermally/optically stimulated luminescence glow curves. Radiat. Meas. 2015;79:7-12. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radmeas.2015.05.006