- Volume 43 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Feasibility Study of Beta Detector for Small Leak Detection inside the Reactor Containment
- Jang, JaeYeong (Department of Nuclear Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Schaarschmidt, Thomas (Department of Nuclear Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Yong Kyun (Department of Nuclear Engineering, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2018.10.30
- Accepted : 2018.12.04
- Published : 2018.12.31
Background: To prevent small leakage accidents, a real-time and direct detection system for small leaks with a detection limit below that of existing systems, e.g.
Grant : Development of a real-time detection system for unidentified RCS leakage less than 0.5 gpm
Supported by : Korea Institute of Energy Technology Evaluation and Planning (KETEP)
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Guidance on monitoring and responding to reactor coolant system leakage. Regulatory Guide 1.45, Rev. 1. 2008;5-6.
- Korea Hydro & Nuclear power Co., Ltd. APR1400 design control document TIER2. Chapter 11 Radioactive Waste Management. APR1400-K-X-FS-14002-NP, 2014;11.1.27-11.1.28.
- Knoll GF. Radiation detection and measurement. 4th Ed. New York, NY. John Wiley & Sons Inc. 2010;398-399.