- Volume 25 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Development of Novel Composite Powder Friction Modifier for Improving Wheel-rail Adhesion in High-speed Train
고속열차 점착계수 향상을 위한 신규 복합재료 분말 마찰조절재 개발 및 점착력 특성 평가
- Oh, Min Chul (Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Ajou University) ;
- Ahn, Byungmin (Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Ajou University)
- Received : 2018.10.19
- Accepted : 2018.11.21
- Published : 2018.12.28
With the recent remarkable improvements in the average speeds of contemporary trains, a necessity has arisen for the development of new friction modifiers to improve adhesion characteristics at the wheel-rail interface. The friction modifier must be designed to reduce slippage or sliding of the trains' wheels on the rails under conditions of rapid acceleration or braking without excessive rolling contact wear. In this study, a novel composite material consisting of metal, ceramic, and polymer is proposed as a friction modifier to improve adhesion between wheels and rails. A blend of Al-6Cu-0.5Mg metallic powder,
Supported by : 국토교통부
- M. S. Kim, K. H. Kim and S. J. Kwon: J. Korean Soc. Precis. Eng., 32 (2015) 603. https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2015.32.7.603
- G. D. Kim, H. Y. Lee, T. K. Ahn, J. S. Hong, S. Y. Han and K. Y. Jeon: J. Korean Soc. Railway, 6 (2003) 257.
- G. D. Kim, Y. J. Han, H. J. Park, S. Y. Lee and K. H. Han: Trans. Korean Inst. Power Electron., 6 (2001) 299.
- T. H. Lim, S. S. Kim, J. J. Choi, B. R. Lee and S. Y. Yang: J. Korean Soc. Precis. Eng., 24 (2007) 56.
- G. C. Jun, D. H. Hwang and D. E. Kim: Tribol. Lubr., 13 (1997) 68.
- R. M. German: J. Korean Powder Metall. Inst., 20 (2013) 85. https://doi.org/10.4150/KPMI.2013.20.2.085
- H. K. Kim, K. T. Yang and H. J. Kim: J. Korean Soc. Saf., 22 (2007) 8.
- W. Wang, H. F. Zhang, Q. Y. Liu, M. H. Zhu and X. S. Jin: Proc. IMechE Part J: J. Engineering Tribology, 230 (2016) 611. https://doi.org/10.1177/1350650115606480
- W. S. E. Solyman, H. M. Nagiub, M. A. Alian, N. O. Shaker and U. F. Kandil: J. Radiat. Res. Appl. Sci., 10 (2017) 72. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jrras.2016.12.003