- Volume 27 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Improvement of Gas Dissolution Rate using Air Atomizing Nozzle
이류체 노즐을 이용한 가스의 용존율 향상
- Kim, Dong-Seog (Department of Environmental Science, Catholic University of Daegu) ;
- Park, Young-Seek (DU University College, Daegu University)
- Received : 2017.03.21
- Accepted : 2017.07.12
- Published : 2018.03.31
This study was conducted to investigate the possibility of utilizing various types of nozzles and gas-liquid mixers to increase the dissolution rate of plasma gas containing ozone generated in a dielectric barrier plasma reactor. After selecting the air atomizing nozzle with the highest gas dissolution rate among the 13 types of test equipment, we investigated the influence of the operating factors on the air atomizing nozzle to determine the optimal plasma gas dissolution method. The gas dissolution rate was measured by a simple and indirect method, specifically, the measurement of KLa instead of direct measurement of ozone concentration, which requires a longer analysis time. The results showed that the KLa value of the simple mix of air and water was
Plasma gas;Air atomizing nozzle;Ozone dissolution;KLa
- Choi, J. W., Lee, H. S., 2015, Decomposition characteristics of Bisphenol A by a catalytic ozonation process, Appl. Chem. Eng., 26, 463-469. https://doi.org/10.14478/ace.2015.1057
- Doopedia, 2017, http://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=1128529&cid=40942&categoryId=32251.
- Kim, D. S., Park, Y. S., 2011, A Basic study of plasma reactor of dielectric barrier discharge for the water treatment, J. Environ. Sci. Int., 20, 623-630. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2011.20.5.623
- Kim, Y. K., Lee, M. B., Ra, T. K., 2000, Colour and COD removal of landfill leachate by ozonation, J. Mat. Cyc. Waste Manag., 17, 809-815.
- Ko, M. S., Lee, W., 1999, Rejection of phenol compound by ozone oxidation process, Appl. Chem., 3, 261-264.
- Lee, B. H., Kim, J. S., Kang, I. S., 1994, Mixing and oxygen transfer characteristics of three phase fluidized bed for water quality management of aquaculture, J. Aquacult., 7, 239-249.
- Lee, H. J., Choi, J. W., Kim, K. S., Kim, Y. C., 1997, A Study on the ozone generation system and the production of ozonied water, J. Ini. Ind. Tech., 5, 119-123.
- Lee, Y. S., Jeon, H. J., Han, H. G., Cheong, C. J., 2013, Disinfective properties and ozone concentrations in water and air from an ozone generator and a low-temperature dielectric barrier discharge plasma generator, J. Environ. Sci. Int., 22, 937-944.
- Moon, S. Y., Ahn, S. H., Lee, S. H., Park, J. H., Hong, S. W., Choi, Y. S., 2006, Effect of ozonation in microfiltration membrane for wastewater reuse, J. Kor. Soc. Wat. Waste., 20, 535-543.
- MS nozzle, 2014, http://www.msnozzle.co.kr/product.php?cat=011004.
- Nomoto, Y., Ohkubo, T., Kanazawa, S., Adachi, T., 1995, Improvement of ozone yield by a silent-surface hybrid discharge ozonizer, IEEE Trans. Ind. Applicat., 31, 1458-1462.
- Park, J. H., Sim, Y. B., Kang, S. Y., Lee, J. B., Kwon, K. W., Kim, S. H., 2015, Development of complex electrolyzed acid-water generator containing ozone and hypochlorous acid, 2015 Joint Symposium of Kor. Soc. Wate. Waste., Kor. Soc. Wat. Environ., 363-364.
- Park, Y. S., Ahn, K. H., 2001, Effect of coagulation, ozone anf UV post-process on COD and color removal of textile wastewater, Kor. J. Env. Hlth. Soc., 27, 93-98.
- Park, Y. S., Zheng, C., Kim, D. S., 2014, Improvement of gas dissolution rate in a plasma reactor using a air atomizing nozzle, Proceedings of the Kor. Environ. Sci. Soc. Conf., 23, 354-358.
- Sato, Y., Ueki, S., Miyanabe, R., Honda, K., 2011, Measuring device, monitoring method and system for the concentration of remaining oxidant in ballast water capable of measuring and monitoring the concentration of tro in ballast water, Korean Patent 10-2011-0060954.
- Shi, J., Bian, W., Yin, X., 2009, Organic contaminants removal by the technique of pulsed high-voltage discharge in water, J. Hazard. Mater., 171, 924-931. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2009.06.134