- Volume 27 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Building Baseline Data for a Typhoon Protection System via Calculation of the Extreme Wind Speed During a Typhoon
태풍 내습 시 발생 가능한 최대 풍속 산정을 통한 태풍의 사전 방재 시스템 기초 자료 구축
- Na, Hana (Department of Atmospheric Environment Information Engineering/Atmospheric Environment Information Research Center, Inje University) ;
- Park, Jong-Kil (Department of Environmental Engineering/Atmospheric Environment Information Research Center, Inje University) ;
- Jung, Woo-Sik (Department of Atmospheric Environment Information Engineering/Atmospheric Environment Information Research Center, Inje University)
- Received : 2018.01.17
- Accepted : 2018.03.06
- Published : 2018.03.31
For this study, WRF numerical modeling was performed, using RDAPS information for input data on typhoons affecting the Korean peninsula to produce wind data of 700hPa. RAM numerical modeling was also used to calculate 3-second gusts as the extreme wind speed. After comparing wind speeds at an altitude of 10 m to evaluate the feasibility of WRF numerical modeling, modeled values were found to be similar with measured ones, reflecting change tendencies well. Therefore, the WRF numerical modeling results were verified. As a result of comparing and analyzing these wind speeds, as calculated through RAM numerical modeling, to evaluate applicability for disaster preparedness, change tendencies were observed to be similar between modeled and measured values. In particular, modeled values were slightly higher than measured ones, indicating applicability for the prevention of possible damage due to gales. Our analysis of 3-second gusts during the study period showed a high distribution of 3-second gusts in the southeast region of the Korean peninsula from 2002-2006. The frequency of 3-second gusts increased in the central north region of Korea as time progressed. Our analysis on the characteristics of 3-second gusts during years characterized by El
Supported by : 기상청
- Cha, E. J., Jhun, J. G., Chung, H. S., 1999, A Study on characteristics of climate in South Korea for El Nino/La Nina years, Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, 35(1), 98-117.
- Ham, H. J., Lee, S. S., Yoon, W. S., 2013, Evaluation of Typhoon Risk on Sandwich Panel Building Systems, Korea Society of Civil Engineers, 17(1), 1-7.
- Ho, C. H., 2012, Future Climate Change and the Associated Changes in Tropical Cyclone. Journal of the Wind Engineering Institute of Korea, 16(3), 57-61.
- IPCC, 2015: Climate Change 2015: The Physical Science Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
- Ju, Y. H., Kim, Y., Park, J. H., 2017, An Analysis of Major Issues in the Inventory System for Counting Damage on Buildings and Facilities due to Heavy Rains and Typhoons and a Proposal for its Improvement, Journal of Korea Planning Association, 52(3), 237-261.
- Jung, W. S., Park, J. K., Choi, H. J., 2010, An Estimation of Amount of Damage Using the 3-second Gust When the Typhoon Attack, Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 19(3), 353-363. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2010.19.3.353
- Jung, W. S., 2015, An Estimation of Extreme Wind Speed of Typhoon Affecting the Damage of Public and Industrial Facilities, Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 24(9), 1199-1210. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2015.24.9.1199
- Kim, J. S., 2013, On the characteristics of damage scale and risk management system by strong wind speed of typhoon, Master's thesis, Inje University, Kimhae, Korea, 109.
- Lee, D. K., Jang, D. Y., W, T. K., 1992, Typhoons Approaching Korea, 1960-1989 Part : Statistics and Synoptic Overview, Asia-Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, 28, 133-147.
- Lee, S. G., 2002, Damage State and Countermeasures by Typhoon Rusa (Landslide), Journal of the Korea Society of Civil Engineers, 50(10), 40-49.
- Oh, J. H., Seo, K. D., Kim, Y. O., 2011, An Analysis of the Strength and Duration of Typhoons Affecting the Korean Peninsula over the past 60 Years, Journal of the Korea Society of Civil Engineers, 31(2), 121-128.
- Park, J. K., Jang, E. S., Choi, H. J., 2005, An Analysis of Meteorological Disasters Occurred in the Korean Peninsula, Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 14(6), 613-619(Korean). https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2005.14.6.613
- Park, J. K., Jung, W. S., Choi, H. J., 2007, Pilot Study on the Typhoon for the Meteorological Information Application and Disaster Prevention, Journal of Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation, 7(1), 21-28.
- Park, J. K., Kim, B. S., Jung, W. S., Kim, E. B., Lee, D. G., 2006, Changes in Statistical Characteristics of Typhoons Affecting Korean Peninsula, Atmosphere, 16(1), 1-17.
- Park, J. K., Jung, W. S., Choi, H. J., 2008, The study on the Strong Wind Damage Prediction for Estimation Surface Wind Speed of Typhoon Season(I), Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 17(2), 195-201. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2008.17.2.195
- Seol, D. I., Kim, K. M., Lee, K. J., Lee, D. J., 2001, Relationship between El Nino and La Nina phenomena and the Number of Typhoons Which have Affected on Korea, 7(1), 1-6.
- Yoo, Y. M., Yoon, C. R., Lee, H. N., Lee, J. W., 2011, A Study on Natural Disaster Damage and Response in Vulnerable Country, Journal of Applied Geography, (29), 77-93.
- KMA, 2011, Typhoon White Book. National Typhoon Center/KMA. 345pp.