- Volume 27 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effect of Spermine Treatment on Growth, Yield, and Quality of Strawberry under Low-Temperature Condition
이상 저온 조건에서 Spermine 처리가 딸기의 생육과 수량 및 품질에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Gyu-Bin (Department of Horticulture Bioscience, Pusan National University) ;
- Lee, Jung-Eun (Department of Horticulture Bioscience, Pusan National University) ;
- Choe, Yun-Ui (Department of Horticulture Bioscience, Pusan National University) ;
- Park, Young-Hoon (Department of Horticulture Bioscience, Pusan National University) ;
- Choi, Young-Whan (Department of Horticulture Bioscience, Pusan National University) ;
- Kang, Nam-Jun (Department of Horticulture, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Kang, Jum-Soon (Department of Horticulture Bioscience, Pusan National University)
- 이규빈 (부산대학교 원예생명과학과) ;
- 이정은 (부산대학교 원예생명과학과) ;
- 최윤의 (부산대학교 원예생명과학과) ;
- 박영훈 (부산대학교 원예생명과학과) ;
- 최영환 (부산대학교 원예생명과학과) ;
- 강남준 (경상대학교 원예학과) ;
- 강점순 (부산대학교 원예생명과학과)
- Received : 2018.01.16
- Accepted : 2018.02.25
- Published : 2018.03.31
The present study was carried out to investigate the effects of spermine treatment on the growth, yield and quality in strawberry under low-temperature condition, and thereby develop a chemical method to minimize damages by low temperature in greenhouse cultivation. Spermine treatment significantly improved the growth of strawberry in terms of leaf number, leaf area, leaf length, leaf diameter, plant height and plant weight. The highest effect was observed in the 250 uM spermine treatment and the effect tended to be maintained during the entire growth period of 90 days. Fresh weight and dry weight were significantly different depending on the concentrations of spermine. Strawberry plants treated with 250 uM spermine showed higher fresh weight and dry weight compared to untreated control plants during the growth period. Fruit weight, fruit length and fruit diameter were relatively higher when treated with
Fruit quality;Low temperature;Polyamine;Spermine;Strawberry
- Allaway, W. H., 1968, Agronomic controls over the environmental cycling of trace elements, Adv. in Agron., 20, 235-274.
- Baninasab, B., Rahemi, M., 2008, Effect of exogenous polyamines on flower bud retention in pistachio (Pistacia vera L.) trees, Hort. Environ. Biotechnol., 49, 149-154.
- Cheng, L., Zou, Y., Ding, S., Zhang, J., Yu, X., Cao, J., Lu, G., 2009, Polyamine accumulation in transgenic tomato enhances the tolerance to high temperature stress, J. Intergrative Plant Biology, 51, 489-499. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-7909.2009.00816.x
- Cheon, B. D., Choi, I. S., Kang, J. S., 2006, Effect of amino acid, polyamine, and flavonoid on the pollen germination of peach (Prunus persica SIEB.) under low temperature, J. Life Sci., 16, 711-715. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2006.16.5.711
- Cho, B. G., Cho, Y. D., 1989, A Study of polyamine biosynthetic enzymes and content of polyamine in ginseng, Korean J. Ginseng Sci., 13, 19-23.
- Cho, B. H., 1999, Analysis of the change of amino acids by abscisic acid and polyamine treatment in radish young cotyledons, Analytical Science Technology, 12, 441-446.
- Choi, D. G., 2004, Changes of fruit characteristics and storage by gibberellin and polyamine treatment of oriental pear (Pyrus Pyriflia), J. Bio-Env. Con., 13, 185-193.
- Choi, H. G., Kang, N. J., Moon, B. Y., Kwon, J. K., Rho, I. R., Park, K. S., Lee, S. Y., 2013, Changes in fruit quality and antioxidant activity depending on ripening levels, storage temperature, and storage periods in strawberry cultivars, Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Technol., 31, 194-202.
- Evans, P. T., Malmberg, R. L., 1989, Do polyamines have roles in plant development?, Ann. Rev. Plant Mol. Biol., 40, 235-269. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.pp.40.060189.001315
- Galston, A. W., 1989, The physiology of polyamine, CRC Press. Boca Raton. FC. Vol , 99.
- Jung, H. S., 2012, Characteristics of strawberries and seedling raising-method, Agricultural and Horticulture, 44-51.
- Kim, D. Y., Chae, W. B., Kwak, J. H., Park, S., Cheong, S. R., Choi, J. M., Yoon, M. K., 2013, Effect of timing of nutrient starvation during transplant production on the growth of runner plants and yield of strawberry 'Seolhyang', J. Bio-Env. Con., 22, 421-426. https://doi.org/10.12791/KSBEC.2013.22.4.421
- Kramer, G. F., Wang, C. Y., 1989, Correlation of reduced chilling injury with increased spermine and spermidine levels in zucchini squash, Physiologia Plantarum, 76, 479-484. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1399-3054.1989.tb05466.x
- Kwon, H. J., Son, K. C., Gu, E. G., 1994, Influence of auxin, ethylene, and polyamines on the flowering induction of morning glory (Pharbitis nil Chois, cv, Violet), Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Technol., 35, 258-264.
- Lee, G. B., Choe, Y. U., Park, E. J., Park, Y. H., Choi, Y. W., Kang, N. J., Kang, J. S., 2017, Effect of removing corolla and calyx lobes on fruit shape and quality of strawberry, J. Environ. Sci. International, 26, 87-96. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2017.26.1.87
- Lee, G. B., Choe, Y. U., Park, E. J., Wang, Z., Li, M., Li, K., Park, Y. H., Choi, Y. W., Kang, N. J., Kang, J. S., 2017, Influence of abnormally low temperatures on growth, yield, and biologically acitve compounds of strawberry, J. Environ. Sci. International, 26, 381-392. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2017.26.3.381
- MAFRA(Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs), 2016, Key statistics for agriculture, forestry, livestock and agrifood industries, Sejong, Rep. Korea.
- Oh, C. S., Kim, J. C., Han, K. S., 1994, Effect of polyamines on senescence in Lactuca sativa L. . Stabilization of leaf protoplasts, Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Technol., 35, 318-322.
- Park, S. Y., Park, M. Y., Cho, B. H., 1996, Analysis of the transport system of cadmium and the change of proline content in spring radish young plant, Analytical Science Technology, 9, 134-138.
- Pistocchi, R., Keller, F., Bagni, N., Matile, P., 1988, Transport and subcellular localization of polyamines in carrot protoplasts and vacuoles, Plant Physiol., 87, 514. https://doi.org/10.1104/pp.87.2.514
- Ponappa, T., Miller, A. R., 1996, Polyamines in normal and auxin-induced strawberry fruit development, Physiol. Plant., 98, 447-454. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1399-3054.1996.tb05698.x
- Saradhi, P. P., 1991, Proline accumulation under heavy metal stress, J. Plant Physiol. 138, 554-558. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0176-1617(11)80240-3
- Smith, T. A., 1985, Polyamines, Ann. Rev. Plant Physiol., 36, 117-143. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.pp.36.060185.001001
- Son, K. C., Chae, Y., 1993, Effect of polyamine treatment on the senescence of carnation petals, Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Technol., 34, 75-80.
- Yamguchi, K., Takahashi, Y., Berberich, T., Imai, A., Takahashi, T., Michael, A. J., Kusano, T., 2007, A Protective role for the polyamine spermine against drought stress in Arabidopsis, Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 352, 486-490. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbrc.2006.11.041
- Zhang, Y., Seeram, N. P., Lee, R., Feng, L., Heber, D., 2008, Isolation and identification of strawberry phenolics with antioxidant and human cancer cell antiproliferative properties, J. Agric. Food Chem., 56, 670-675.