- Volume 27 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Impacts of Seawater Surface Temperature Rising on Sea Mustard Yields of Goheung and Wando Coast in Korea
고흥·완도 해수표층온도 상승이 미역 단수에 미치는 영향
- Cho, Jae-Hwan (Department of Food and Resource Economics, Pusan National University) ;
- Suh, Jeong-Min (Department of Bio-Environmental Energy, Pusan National University) ;
- Lee, Nam-Su (Fisheries Outlook Center in Korea Maritime Institute) ;
- Ha, Hyun-Jung (Fisheries Outlook Center in Korea Maritime Institute)
- Received : 2017.09.18
- Accepted : 2018.03.15
- Published : 2018.03.31
The purpose of this article is analyzing the impacts of seawater surface temperature rise on sea mustard yields of Goheung and Wando coast in Korea, with employing a panel data regression model. Our results show that there has been a negative impacts on sea mustard yields as seawater surface temperature continuously has been rising. Especially if the upward trend in seawater surface temperature since 2005 will be maintained in future, sea mustard yield is expected to decrease by 2.6% per year.
Seawater temperature rise;Sea mustard yields reduction;Panel data regression model
Supported by : 부산대학교
- Baltagi, B. H., 2008, Econometric analysis of panel data, 4th ed., Wiley & Sons, 66-73.
- Cho, J. H., Park, S. K., 2017, Maintenance models for supply-demand estimation model of major marine products, Korea Maritime Institute, Fisheries Outlook Center.
- IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change), 2014, Climate Change 2014 : Synthesis Report.
- Jung, M. S., Jung, M. H., Lim, G. H., 2007, Effects of climate change on fisheries industry in Korea, KMI (Korea Maritime Institute) Ocean Fisheries Issues Analysis, Korea Maritime Institute.
- KHOA (Korea Hydrographic and Oceangraphic Agency), 2005-2017, www.khoa.go.kr
- Kim, S. H., Kim, D. S., 2010, Effect of temperature on catches of anchovy and sea mustard(Undaria pinnatifida) in southern part of East Sea of Korea, J. Korean Soc. of Marine Environ. & Safety, 16(2), 153-159.
- KMI (Korea Maritime Institute), 2010-2016, www.foc.re.kr
- Min, H. S., Kim, C. H., 2006, Interannual variability and long-term trend of coastal sea surface temperature in Korea, Ocean Polar Res, 28(4), 414-423.
- Park, Y. H., Yoon, J. H., Vivier, F., 2012, Recent warming in the western North Pacific in relation 1 to rapid changes in the atmospheric circulation of the siberian high and aleutian low system, J. Climate, 25(10), 3476-3493. https://doi.org/10.1175/2011JCLI4142.1
- Yeh, S. W., Kim, C. H., 2010, Recent warming in the Yellow/East China Sea during winter and the associated atmospheric circulation, Cont Shelf Res, 30(13), 1428-1434. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.csr.2010.05.002
- Lee, B. D., Kim, B. T., Cho, Y. S., 2011, A Study on vulnerability Assessment to climate change in regional fisheries of Korea, J. Fish Bus Adm (FBA), 42(1), 57-70.