- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Factors Affecting the Intention of Nurses and Caregivers to Use Alternative Medicine
간호사와 요양보호사의 대체요법 이용의사에 영향을 미치는 요인
- Jeong, Ok Min (Nambu University Graduate School of Alternative Medicine) ;
- Kim, Meong ju (Nambu University Alternative Medicine)
- Received : 2018.01.22
- Accepted : 2018.03.20
- Published : 2018.03.28
The purpose of this study was to identify the perception of alternative medicine and factors affecting the intention to use for nurses and caregiver. In order to achieve the purpose of the study, this study was conducted to examine the awareness of alternative medicine, use experience, and intention to use for 400 workers in hospitals and nursing homes. The results of the analysis are summarized as follows. Recognition of alternative medicine effected on reliability of alternative medicine, awareness and use experience. In addition, experience with alternative medicine has a negative impact on the intention to use alternative medicine. In conclusion, this study suggested that the development of alternative medicine requires efforts to improve the therapeutic effect of alternative medicine.
Alternative Therapies;Alternative Medicine;Nurses;Caregivers;Use survey
- M. S. Kim. (1999). Jesus Therapy and Alternative Therapy. Korean Christian Theology Rural Development, 16(1), 67-88.
- M. K. Kim. (2005). A Study on the Application of Alternative Medicine for HealthWelfare for the Elderly. Thesis of Master's Degree in Welfare for Alternative Medicine, Graduate School of Social Welfare, Han Sai University.
- B. M. Kim. (2016). Recognition and Utilization of Users of Complementary and Alternative Medicine in Physical Education Facilities. Thesis for Master's Degree by Graduate School of Alternative Medicine, Kyonggi University.
- S. H. Kim. (2012). Analysis of Actual Condition of Utilization of Alternative Medicine for Domestic Chronic Illnesses. Journal of the American Medical Association.
- A. S. Kim. (2007). A Survey on the Utilization and Recognition of Alternative Therapies in Some Area Teachers. Thesis of Master's Thesis, Graduate School of Health and Welfare, Nambu University.
- Y. H. Kim. (2000). A Survey on Recognition of Alternative Medicine by Physical Therapists. Graduate School of Public Health, Kyungsan University.
- H. J. Kim & S. K. Hong. (2014). Recognition and Utilization of Complementary Alternative Therapy in Nursing Students: A Case Study of Nursing Students in Jeollanamdo Province. Alternative Medicine Journal, 3(3), 1-9.
- S. M. Park. (2014). The relevance of health-related quality of life to CAM use and intention in the elderly living alone. Thesis of Doctoral Degree at Chosun University.
- J. S. Park. (2010). A Study on the Recognition of Complementary and Alternative Medicine by Physiotherapists of Neo-Hospitals. A Thesis of Master's Degree at Kyung Hee University.
- H. D. Park. (2005). Changes in lifestyle and use of complementary therapies in the healing process of cancer patients. Journal of Applied Psychology.
- M. B. sec. (2015). Awareness and Curriculum Analysis of CAM: Focused on College Students Majoring in Physical Therapy. Graduate School of Welfare Management, Namseoul University.
- Y. B. Seo. (2006). Survey on the Actual Use and Effectiveness of Complementary Alternative Therapy in Rural Residents. Daejeon University Master's thesis.
- S. H. Lee. (2010). A study on the utilization of alternative medicine in the activities of health education history. Thesis for Master's Degree by Graduate School of Alternative Medicine, Kyonggi University.
- J. M. Lee. (2004). A Study on the Patterns and Recognition of Alternative Medicine Utilization in Medical Institutions. Dissertation of Master's Degree by Daejeon University.
- T. H. Lee. (2011). AStudy on the Definition ofComplementary and Alternative Medicine and Interdisciplinary Medicine, Master's Thesis, Kyung Hee University.
- E. H. Jang & K. S. Park. (2003). A comparative study of the attitudes of nurses and doctors about CAM. Journal of Adult Nursing, 15(3), 402-410.
- Y. S. Jeong. (2009). Ethical Reflection of Complementary and Alternative Medicine. Korean Journal of Medical Ethics, 12(2), 189-198.
- J. Y. Jung. (2017). A Study on the Creation of Job Creation in the New Social Welfare Society in Security Alternative Medicine. A Ph.D dissertation by Jeonju University.
- H. S. Joeng. (2015). Integrative medical study of thyroid disease. Thesis for Master's Degree by Graduate School of Health Management. Nambu University.
- H. M. Jung. et al. (2013). A Study on Complementary and Alternative Medical Treatment of Female Sexual Dysfunction. Korean Journal of Oriental Obstetrics and Gynecology, 26(2), 66-87
- M. K. Han. 2014. Factors Related to Use of Complementary Medicine in Korean Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients. Yonsei University Graduate School of Public Health Graduate Thesis.
- J. S. Gordon. (1996). Alternative medicine and the family physician. American Family Physician, 54(7), 2205-2212.