- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Relations among Work Hope, Career Attitude Maturity, and Career Decision-Making Self-Efficacy in Korean College Students
대학생의 직업희망과 진로태도성숙도 및 진로결정자기효능감의 관계
- Kim, Hyeon-Mi (Woosuk University)
- 김현미 (우석대학교)
- Received : 2017.12.28
- Accepted : 2018.03.20
- Published : 2018.03.28
The purpose of this study was to investigate the relationship between college students' work hope, career attitude maturity and career decision-making self-efficacy. For this, correlation analysis, variance analysis and multiple regression analysis were conducted using 299 data collected from 8 universities in the metropolitan area, Yeongnam, Honam, Gangwon and Chungcheong provinces. As a result of correlation analysis between work hope and career variables, there was a positive correlation between r=.64 and .73 in each sub-factor. After performing a variance analysis to explore the differences in work hope between gender, grades and major fields, there were no gender and grade differences found, but there were significant differences between major fields. Also, as a result of multiple regression analysis, it was found that work hope affecting career attitude maturity was pathways, and in career decision-making self-efficacy, agency, pathways thinking, and goal were influenced. On the analysis result, the limitations and implications of this study were discussed using college students' work hope scale.
College students;Work hope;Career attitude maturity;Career dicision-making self-efficacy;Multiple regression analysis
- E. Ginzberg. (1972). Toward a Theory of Occupational Choice: A Restatement. vocational guidance quarterly, 20(3), 169-175.
- A. H. Maslow. (1943). A Theory of Human Motivation. Psychological Review, 50(4), 370-396. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0054346
- Statistics Korea. (November, 2017) Employment Trends, September 2017 Employment Trend Repo. http://kostat.go.kr/portal/korea.
- National Institute of Korean Language. (November 13, 2017) http://stdweb2.korean.go.kr
- C. R.. Snyder. (1994). The psychology of hope: You can get there from here. New York: Free Press.
- T. H. Kim & J. H. Kim. (2004). The Effects of Hope and Meaning of Life on Adolescents' Resilience. The Korean Journal of Counseling and Psychotherapy, 16(3), 465-490.
- M. K. Seok. (2011). The Effect of Hope and Ego-Identity on Career Decision-making Self-efficacy and Career Attitude Maturity. Korean Journal of College Counseling, 17(1), 40-59.
- K. M. Taylor & N. E. Betz. (1983). Applications of Self-Efficacy Theory to The Understanding and Treatment of Career Indecision. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 22(1), 63-81. https://doi.org/10.1016/0001-8791(83)90006-4
- J. O. Crites. (1978). Career maturity inventory: Theory and research handbook. Monterey. California: CTB/McGraw-Hill.
- C. L. Juntunen & K. B. Wettersten. (2006). Work Hope: Development and Initial Validation of a Measure. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 53(1), 94-106. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-018.104.22.168
- M. E. Kenny, L. Y. Walsh-Blair, D. L. Blustein, J. Bempechat & J. Seltzer. (2010). Achievement Motivation Among Urban Adolescents: Work hope, Autonomy Support, and Achievement-Related Beliefs. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 77(2), 205-212. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvb.2010.02.005
- M. A. Diemer & D. L. Blustein. (2007). Vocational Hope and Vacational Identity: Urban Adolescents' Career Development. Journal of Career Assessment, 15(1), 98-118. https://doi.org/10.1177/1069072706294528
- Y. K. Au. (2008). A Multilevel Analysis Adolescents' Changes on a Feeling of Career Expectation and Job Aspiration Status. Korean journal of educational research, 46(4), 81-108.
- H. J. Yoo, K. H. Kim, I, C, Shin & B. D. OH. (2013). Youth Occupational Aspiration and Mismatch between Desired Occupation and College Major Choice in Korea. The Journal of Vocational Cducation Research, 32(6), 91-110.
- J. H. Kim. (2014). The Career Decision Making Experience Appeared in Career Stories of College Students Whose Majors Mismatch Their Desired Job. Korean Journal Of Counseling And Psychotherapy, 26(4), 993-1021.
- J. H. Park. (2011). Exploring the mediating effects of career decision-making self-efficacy and work hope in the relationship between calling and career attitude maturity among college students. Ewha Womans University. Seoul.
- J. A. Yoon & J. Y. Seo. (2013). The Effects of Work Hope and Career Motivation on College Students' Career Stress. Korean journal of youth studies, 20(11), 55-81.
- Y. J. An. (2014). AAnalysis of Relationships among University Students' Role Orientation, Consciousness of Gender Equality, and Work Hope. Korean journal of youth studies, 21(10), 167-193.
- H. M. Kim, (2016). The development and validation of workhope scale for korean college students. Ph.D. dissertation. Chonbuk University, Chonbuk.
- K. H. Lee. (1997). The relationship between the maturity of career attitude and psychological variales of high school students in korea. Ph.D. dissertation. Yonsei University. Seoul.
- K. H. Lee & H. J. Lee. (2000). The Effects of Career Self-Efficacy in Predicting the Level of Career Attitude Maturity of College Students. The Korean Journal of Counseling and Psychotherapy, 12(1), 127-136.