- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Development of nature friendly characters for infants and toddlers
영유아를 대상으로 한 자연친화적 캐릭터 개발 연구
- Joo, Eun-Ryeong (Dept. of Multimedia, Graduate School of Digital Image and Contents, Dongguk University) ;
- Chung, Jean-Hun (Dept. of Multimedia, Graduate School of Digital Image and Contents, Dongguk University)
- Received : 2017.12.18
- Accepted : 2018.03.20
- Published : 2018.03.28
The purpose of this paper is to show development examples of nature-friendly characters and to play a guide role for various nature-friendly characters to appear by presenting nature-friendly characters setting in Korea. Three famous examples of nature-friendly characters in foreign countries and the influence of nature on infants and young children will be examined with reference to previously published papers and published books. I have confirmed that nature harmony positively affects emotions and life respect of infants and young children, the characteristics of nature-friendly characters are 1. The characters are drawn based on nature environment as background. 2. They have been beloved for story of nature conservation and love for nature, and playing in nature environment. As story setting, I suggested 1. A story of forest experience with friends 2. A story of nature observation and exploration such as playing, exploration, and explanation 3. A drawing of Korea nature environment, including grass, flower, tree, insect, etc. 4. An educational and philosophical story of life respect, nature conservation, and love for nature.
Infants;Nature friendly characters;Dalbit_Dalgom;Peter rabbit;Moomin
- I. Y. Jang. (2016). Theoy and practice of early childhood education based on nuri process. Changjisa.
- Y. S. Lee & J. H. Chung. (2017). A Study on the Line of Action Shown in Characters' Poses of a Game 'Over Watch'. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(12), 489-494. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.4.489
- M. J. Lee. (2005). Infant development and education. Yswpub.
- K. H. Lee. (2015). Influence of Parenting Environment Infant Formation. Childfund Korea.
- E. S. Kim. (2016). The effect of the Children's Play in the Forest on Their Attitude towards Natural Environment. Journal of Holistic Convergence Education, 20(1), 21-42.
- C. S. Jang, C. D. Koo & Y. J. Wang. (2016). The Effect of Five Senses Experience in the Forest on Young Children's Self-efficacy and Respectful Recognition of Life. Korean Society of Environment and Ecology, 30(5), 908-914. DOI : 10.13047/kjee.2016.30.5.908 https://doi.org/10.13047/KJEE.2016.30.5.908
- M. R. Chung. (2014). The Effect of Life-Esteemed Education Program based on Nature Friendly Model on Young Children's Self Esteem. Korean Society For Child Education, 23(1), 345-361.
- J. M. Hong. (2015). The Effects of the Nature Friendly Education Activities on Young Children's Happiness and Environmental Friendly Attitude. Journal of Korea Early Childhood Education, 22(4), 413-432.
- H. S. Park. (2015). Attirude and Knowledge Comprehension Process of Nature By 2, 3-year-old Children through Nature-friendly activities. Korea Society For Children's Media, 14(4), 417-452.
- Y. H. OH. (2011). Meanings of Nature-Friendly Early Childhood Curriculum on Children's development: Focusing on 'flower and tree' related activities. KOAECE, 16(1), 47-70.
- X. Shan & J. H. Chung. (2017). Comparison of the Characteristics of Three Premium Large-Format Platforms IMAX, Screen X and 360 Degrees Circular Screen. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(8), 375-381. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.8.375
- L. G. Lee & J. H. Chung. (2016). A Study on Visual and Auditory Inducement of VR image Contents the Inducement Components of for Immersion Improvement. Journal of Digital Convergence, 14(11), 495-500. DOI : 10.14400/jdc.2016.14.11.495 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.11.495
- E. R. Joo. (2017). Emotional Healing Natural Fairy Tale 'Dalbit_Dalgom'. KACC, 2(1), 35-37.
- Y. N. Kim & S. J. Byun. (2004). A Case study on Color Coordination for Infant Website based on Users' Preference. The HCI society of korea, 1282-1287.
- J. H. Park. (2011). A study on the tendency analysis through preschool children's color preferences and color expressions. Master's thesis. Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Y. J. Ko & M. J. Kim. (2012). Animation Character Preference According to Age and Gender of Children. Korea Contents Association, 12(3), 470-479. DOI : 10.5392/jkca.2012.12.03.470
- J. A. Kim, D. M. Cho & C. S. Hong. (2013). Effects of the way of expressing an animal character in picture book illustration on infant's preference. KSBDA, 14(6), 59-69.