- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Understanding Service Supply Chain Management : Issues and Challenges
서비스 공급망관리의 이해 : 이슈와 과제
- Cho, Namhyung (Institute of Management Research, SungKyunKwan University) ;
- Park, Seong Taek (Management of Information System, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Rhee, MoonKi Kyle (School of Business, SungKyunKwan University)
- Received : 2018.01.10
- Accepted : 2018.03.20
- Published : 2018.03.28
Supply chain in service sector has been established on the premise that firms need to manage their process uncertainties to satisfy customers in an efficient manner. Information sharing and synchronization play key roles in minimize uncertainties from their involved supply chain. The duality of customers being inputs providers as well as consumers, differentiates service supply chains from manufacturing and is a challenging issue to traditional supply chain management. The service supply chain is a structured network which should be managed with supply chain theory and principles. Various key operations need to be carried out through a highly integrated and collaborated service supply chain and supporting information hub. The purpose of this paper is to present the issues and key components in the service supply chain, where the repetitive service is provided along the value chain, such as tourism, restaurant, mega-sized hospital supply chain.
Service Supply Chain;Supply Chain Planning;Revenue Management;Information-Sharing;Synchronization
- Kim, Y. (2017). Characteristics of Korea's service industry as Compared with OECD Countries. NABO Economic Trends & Issues Seoul, Korea, National Assembly and Budget Office: 41-44.
- heong, H. G., Park, S. T. & Kim, T. U. (2012). Concept and Issues in Supply Chain Management for Plant Engineering Project. Journal of Digital Convergence, 10(9), 213-224. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2012.10.9.213
- Schmenner, R. W. (1986). How Can Service Businesses Survive and Prosper? Sloan Management Review, 27(3), 21.
- Burt, R. S. (2002). The social capital of structural holes. In The New Economic Sociology: Developments in an Emerging Field (pp. 148-190). New York : Russell Sage Foundation.
- Kim, B. (2017, December 27). Increase the farm household income through Reduce agricultural products distribution stage. JoongAng Ilbo. Retrieved from http://news.joins.com/article/22236311
- Wang, Y., Wallace, S. W., Shen, B. & Choi, T. M. (2015). Service supply chain management: A review of operational models. European Journal of Operational Research, 247(3), 685-698. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2015.05.053
- Lusch, R. F. & Nambisan, S. (2015). Service Innovation: A Service-Dominant Logic Perspective. MIS Quarterly, 39(1), 155-176. https://doi.org/10.25300/MISQ/2015/39.1.07
- Zhang, J. J., Lawrence, B. & Anderson, C. K. (2015). An agency perspective on service triads: Linking operational and financial performance. Journal of Operations Management, 35(May), 56-66. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jom.2014.10.005
- Lewis, M. A. & Roehrich, J. K. (2009). Contracts, relationships and integration: towards a model of the procurement of complex performance. International Journal of Procurement Management, 2(2), 125-142. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJPM.2009.023403
- Spring, M. & Araujo, L. (2014). Indirect capabilities and complex performance: Implications for procurement and operations strategy. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 34(2), 150-173. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJOPM-01-2011-0034
- Wu, L. C. & Wu, L. H. (2015). Improving the global supply chain through service engineering: A services science, management, and engineering-based framework. Asia Pacific Management Review, 20(1), 24-31. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmrv.2014.12.002
- Baltacioglu, T., Ada, E., Kaplan, M. D., Yurt, O. & Kaplan, Y. C. (2007). A new framework for service supply chains. The Service Industries Journal, 27(2), 105-124. https://doi.org/10.1080/02642060601122629
- Sengupta, K., Heiser, D. R. & Cook, L. S. (2006). Manufacturing and Service Supply Chain Performance: A Comparative Analysis. Journal of Supply Chain Management, 42(4), 4-15.
- Ellram, L. M., Tate, W. L. & Billington, C. (2004). Understanding and Managing the Services Supply Chain. Journal of Supply Chain Management, 40(4), 17-32. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-493X.2004.tb00176.x
- Li, M. & Choi, T. Y. (2009). Triads in services outsourcing: bridge, bridge decay and bridge transfer. Journal of Supply Chain Management, 45(3), 27-39. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-493X.2009.03169.x
- Choi, T. Y. & Wu, Z. (2009). Triads in supply networks: theorizing buyer-supplier-supplier relationships. Journal of Supply Chain Management, 45(1), 8-25. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-493X.2009.03151.x
- Zhang, X., Song, H., & Huang, G. Q. (2009). Tourism supply chain management: A new research agenda. Tourism Management, 30(3), 345-358. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2008.12.010
- Sakhuja, S. & Jain, V. (2012, July 15 through July 18). Service supply chain: An integrated conceptual framework. Paper presented at the 42nd International Conference on Computers and Industrial Engineering 2012. Cape Town; South Africa.
- Lubarski, A. & Poeppelbuss, J. (2016, June 27 through July 1). Methods for service modularization - A systematization framework. Paper presented at the 20th Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems, PACIS 2016. Chiayi; Taiwan.
- Jeong, E., Kim, D. & Cho, B. (2012). An Exploratory Study on SCM Strategy in Franchise System: the Impact of Social Capital and Mediating Role of Knowledge Transfer. The Korean Production And Operations Management Society, 23(3), 255-282.
- Cho, B. Y. & Kang, J. J. (2012). An Investigation on the Impacts of Buyer's Relationship Commitment on Buyer's Switching Inertia in Services Outsourcing with Supplier's Collaboration as a Mediator. The Journal of Internet Electronic Commerce Resarch, 12(4), 183-201.
- Zhang, M. d. & Seo, Y. W. (2016). Retailer's Decision and Supply Chain Performance in Correlation with the Supplier's Irrationality in Service Supply Chains. The Journal of Korean Production and Operations Management, 27(2), 267-285.
- Hwang, M. & Lee, Y. (2011, May). Development of Optimization Model for Tourism Service Supply Chain. Paper presented at the 21st Spring Conference for Korean Institute Of Industrial Engineers, KIOIE 2011. Incheon; Korea.
- Sung, J. K., Park, S. M., Sin, S. Y., Kim, Y. B. & Kim, Y. G. (2017). Deep learning based image retrieval system for O2O shopping mall platform service design. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(7), 213-222. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.4.213
- Kim, S. S. (2014). Study on Big Data Utilization Plans of Medical Institutions. Journal of Digital convergence, 12(2), 397-407. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.2.397
- Lee, C. Y. (2017). A Study on Synchronization Effect of A Multi-dimensional Event Database for Big Data Information Sharing. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(10), 243-251. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.4.243