- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Crowdfunding Factors on Participational Intention -A Case of Chinese Participants
크라우드펀딩 특성이 참여의도에 미치는 영향 - 중국사례를 중심으로
- Jia, Jing (Dept. of Advanced Industry Fusion, Graduate School, Konkuk University) ;
- Lee, Cheol-Gyu (Dept. of Advanced Industry Fusion, Graduate School, Konkuk University)
- Received : 2018.01.25
- Accepted : 2018.03.20
- Published : 2018.03.28
In this paper, a research model was designed to investigate the factors influencing the intention to the crowdfunding participator of China. The research model includes the platform factors, investor factors, and social factors, perceived ease of use, perceived usefulness and funding participants' intention. In this research, the data was collected by online survey, and in final analysis, 439 participators' questionnaires were used. The empirical paper proves research hypothesis by using SPSS 23.0. The results of the study are as follows: the crowdfunding platform factors, social factors and the participants' individual factors partially give positive effects to perceived ease of use and perceived usefulness; perceived ease of use gives positive effects to perceived usefulness. In addition, perceived ease of use and perceived usefulness have positive effects to participational intention. This paper provides a useful scheme for the better operation and promotion of crowdfunding. In the future, a comparative study of different types of crowdfunding is needed.
Crowdfunding;Platform characteristics;Investor characteristics;Social characteristics;TAM model;Participational intention
- W. Y. Park & S. Y. T. Lee. (2016). An Exploratory Study on the Factors Affecting Crowdfunding: An Analysis on Online Donation. The e-Business Studies, 17(4), 55-69. https://doi.org/10.20462/TeBS.2016.08.17.4.55
- C. R. Lee, J. H. Lee & D. Y. Shin. (2015). Factor Analysis of the Motivation on Crowdfunding Participants: An Empirical Study of Funder Centered Reward-type Platform. The Journal of Society for e-Business Studies, 20(1), 137-151. https://doi.org/10.7838/jsebs.2015.20.1.137
- F. D. Davis. (1989). Perceived Usefulness, Perceived Ease of User Acceptance of Information Technology. MIS Quarterly, 13(3), 319-340. https://doi.org/10.2307/249008
- V. Venkatesh & F. D. Davis. (2000). A Theoretical Extension of the Technology Acceptance Model: Four Longitudinal Field Studies. Management Science, 46(2), 186-204. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.188.8.131.5226
- V. Venkatesh, M. G. Morris, G. B. Davis & F. D. Davis. (2003). User Acceptance of Information Technology: Toward a Unified View, MIS Quarterly, 27(3), 425-478. https://doi.org/10.2307/30036540
- Chen Lu & D. M. Lee. (2017). An Empirical Study on the Factors Influencing the Acceptance of Mobile Easy Payment Service - A Case of Chinese User. Journal of the Korean Contents Association, 17(8), 1-13. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2017.17.01.001
- K. K. Kim, S. Y. Ryoo, M. O. Kim & H. J. Kim. (2009). Determinants of User Intentions to Use Mobile Web Browsing Service: Efficacy and Social Influences. Journal of Information Technology Applications and Management, 16(1), 149-168.
- C. F. Xu & K. Q. Chen. (2015). Research on Influencing Factors of User Participation in Crowdfunding Websites: Take zhongchou.cn for Example. Journal of Intelligence, 34(11), 175-186.
- H. L. Dong & K. Baek. (2016). Equity Financing for Entrepreneurial Ventures through Crowdfunding Platforms. Asia Pacific Journal of Small Business, 38(2), 67-85.
- Delone. W. H. & McLean. E. R.(1992). Information systems success: The Quest for the Dependent Variable. Information Systems Research, 3(1), 60-95 https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.3.1.60
- D. Chen, F. Lai & Z. Lin. (2014). A Trust Model for Online peer-to-peer lending: A Lender's Perspective. Information Technology and Management, 15(4), 239-254. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10799-014-0187-z
- I. J. Park. (2013). Potential of Crowdfunding in Arts & Cultural sector: A case of Arts council Korea and Tumblebug. Journal of Arts and Cultural Management, 6(1), 131-156.
- G. Borello, V. De Crescenzo & F. Pichler. (2015). The Funding Gap and the Role of Financial Return Crowdfunding: Some Evidence from European Platforms. Journal of Internet Banking and Commerce, 20(1), 1-20.
- A. R. Lee, S. J. Lee, K. K. Kim & H. J. Kwon. (2016). Promoting the Masses' Investment through Crowdfunding Platform: Focusing on Lending based Crowdfunding Platform. The Journal of Society for e-Business Studies, 16(11), 644-660.
- N. Kaufmann, T. Schulze, & D. Viet. (2011). More than fun and money. Worker Motivation in Crowdsourcing-A Study on Mechanical Turk. AMCIS, 11(11), 1-11.
- S. H. Sohn, Y. J. Choi & H. S. Hwang. (2011). Understanding Acceptance of Smartphone among Early Adopters Using Extended Technology Acceptance Model. Korean Journal of Journalism & Communication Studies, 55(2), 227-251.
- S. S. Suh. (2011). Exploration of Digital Textbook Adoption and Implementation Based on extended Technology Acceptance Model. Journal of the Korean Association information Education, 15(2), 265-275.
- V. Venkatesh & S. A. Browon. (2001). A Longitudinal Investigation of Personal Computers in Homes: Adoption Determinants and Emerging Challenges. MIS Quarterly, 25(1), 71-102. https://doi.org/10.2307/3250959
- S. D. Kim & I. O. Jeon. (2017). Influencing Factors on the Acceptance for Crowd Funding - Focusing on Unified Theory of Acceptance and Use of Technology. Journal of Korean Institute of Intelligent Systems, 27(2), 150-156. https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2017.27.2.150
- B. Z. Qiu. (2016). Analysis and construction of investor acceptance model of P2P lending platform based on the integration of TAM and TTF. Journal of Fujian University of Technology, 16(3), 51-60.
- M. J. Noh. (2011). An Effects of Perceived Risk and Value on the trust and Use Intention of Smart Phone Banking: Mediating Effect of the Trust. Korean Journal of Business Administration, 24(5), 2599-2615.
- J. S. Bae, D. Y. Won & K. M. Cho. (2015). Factors Influencing Professional Baseball Fans' Acceptance of the Social Networking Service (SNS) provided by the Korean Professional Baseball Teams: From the Expanded Technology Acceptance Model Perspective. The Korean Journal of Physical Education, 54(2), 237-251.
- T. Ahn, S. W. Ryu & I. G. Han. (2004). The Impact of The Online and Offline Features on the User Acceptance of Internet shopping malls. Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, 3(4), 405-420. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.elerap.2004.05.001
- Y. N. Choi, K. H. Kim & S. R. Oh. (2015). Structural Model for Users"s Accepting Smart Health Care Services by Moderating the User Types. Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 15(9), 541-554. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2015.15.09.541
- M. J. Kim. (2013). S. Y. Shin, Effects of perceived interactivity on purchase intention of mobile fashion shopping malls. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 21(6), 891-906. https://doi.org/10.29049/rjcc.2013.21.6.891
- S. J. Yoo & Y. J. Lee. (2015). A study on the Impact of user's Characteristics and Perceived Awareness on the Satisfaction to Using Personalization App: Focus on Android Launcher App. Korea Design Forum, 8(0), 93-104.
- H. D. Yang & Y. J. Moon. (2005). The differences of Social Influence on Information Technology Adoption by Knowledge Work and IT Maturity. Asia Pacific Journal of Information Systems, 15(2), 97-120.
- Y. R. Eun & Y. J. Yoo. (2016). The Effects of Foodservice Consumer's Consumption Value and Subjective Norm of Social Commerce Usage Intention. Journal of The Korea Contents Association. 16(10), 130-139. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.10.130
- J. K. Bae. (2014). An Empirical Study on the Effect of Perceived Privacy, Perceived Security, Perceived Enjoyment on Continuance Usage Intention in Mobile Cloud Computing. Global E-Business Association, 15(3), 3-27.
- M. H. Kim & S. W. Shim. (2014). The Study on Mobile Advertising acceptance intention through Digital Signage's NFC: Focusing on the Interactivity. Advertising value, Innovativeness. The Korean Journal of Advertising, 25(7), 111-137. https://doi.org/10.14377/KJA.2014.10.15.111
- G. J. Kim. (2009). A Study on Acceptance Factor of Digital Multimedia Broadcasting. Korean Journal of Journalism & Communication Studies, 53(3), 296-323.
- K. K. Kim, S. Y. Ryoo, M. O. Kim & H. J. Kim. (2009). Determinants of Intentions to Use Mobile Web Browsing Service: Self-Efficacy and Social Influences. Journal of Information Technology Applications and Management, 16(1), 149-168.
- H. J. Kim & C. H. Jung. (2008). The Impact of Commodity and User Characteristics on Customers' intention. The Journal of Business Education, 21, 215-246.
- Y. H. Hyun & Y. A. Park. (2013). A Verification of the Structural Relationships between Consumer Review Characteristics and Acceptance Intention to Smartphone Application by Applying Extended TAM Model: A Focus on the Mediating role of Information Quality. Korean Journal of Business Administration, 26(11), 2851-2871.
- S. Y. Rhyu & K. J. Cheong. (2014). A Study on the Organization Support Affecting the Intention of Continuously Using the KMS in Customer Centers. Korean Journal of Business Administration, 27(7), 1031-1050.
- 360 security center. (2017). The mobile security risk report.