- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Relationship between Performance Personnel System and Organizational Culture - Focused on domestic ICT enterprises -
성과주의 인사제도와 조직문화와의 관계에 관한 연구 - 국내 ICT 강소기업을 중심으로 -
- Noh, Yeon-sook (Dept. of Business School, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Lee, Sun-kyu (Business School, Kumoh National Institute of Technology)
- Received : 2018.01.23
- Accepted : 2018.03.20
- Published : 2018.03.28
The purpose of this study is to examine the factors of performance - based HR system that Korean ICT firms use and to analyze the effect of performance - based HR system on organizational culture. To do this, we conducted literature surveys and set up research models and hypotheses that performance - based personnel systems will affect organizational culture. We also added the moderating effect of LMX on the relationship between these variables. For the empirical analysis, a questionnaire survey was conducted for ICT companies member in Daegu and Kyungbuk area. Multiple regression analysis and hierarchical regression analysis were conducted to test hypotheses. As a result, performance - based personnel system has a significant effect on organizational culture. In particular, we found that LMX has a moderating effect on hierarchical culture and collective culture. These results will contribute to enhance competitiveness and to create new core competencies of ICT firms.
Performance-based Personnel System;ICT company;Organizational Culture;LMX;Strategic Personnel Management System
- Bauer, T. N., & Green, S. G. (1996). Development of leader-member exchange: A longitudinal test. Academy of management journal, 39(6), 1538-1567. https://doi.org/10.2307/257068
- Cogliser, C. C., & Schriesheim, C. A. (2000). Exploring work unit context and leader-member exchange: A multi-level perspective. Journal of organizational Behavior, 487-511.
- Delery, J. E., & Doty, D. H. (1996). Modes of theorizing in strategic human resource management: Tests of universalistic, contingency, and configurational performance predictions. Academy of management Journal, 39(4), 802-835. https://doi.org/10.2307/256713
- D. U. Sub. (2009). An Empirical Study on the Types of Organizational Culture in Public Libraries. Korean Organizational Science Bulletin, 6(2), 33-54.
- E. G. Kang & S. K. Lee. (2017). A Study on the effect of Perceived Organizational Support to Organizational Citizenship Behavior in the convergence age. The Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(9), 99-110. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.9.99
- Geaen, G. B., & Uhi-Bien, M. (1995). Relationship-based approach to leadership: Applying a multi-level multi-domain perspective. Leadership Qualiterly, 1, 1-23.
- Graen, G. B., & Uhl-Bien, M. (1995). Development of leader-member exchange (LMX) theory of leadership over 25 years: Applying a multi-level multi-domain perspective. Leadership Quarterly, 6(2), 219-247. https://doi.org/10.1016/1048-9843(95)90036-5
- Huselid, M. A. (1995). The impact of human resource management practices on turnover, productivity, and corporate financial performance. Academy of management journal, 38(3), 635-672. https://doi.org/10.2307/256741
- J. Kim. (2005), An Empirical Study on the Relationship between Performance Human Resource Management System and Firm account Performance, Dongguk University Master's Thesis.
- L. T. Kim. (1999), 'A Study on the Characteristics and Personnel System of Subculture by Organizational Level. Ph.D Thesis, Seoul National University Graduate School.
- W. Kim. (2006). A Study on the Effects of Performance - Based Human Resource Management on Organizational Effectiveness: Focusing on the Moderating Effect of Organizational Culture, Ph.D. Thesis, Seoul City University.
- Y. H. Kim. (2014). A Study on the Relationship between Organizational Culture and Organizational Effectiveness, Doctoral Thesis, Kyung Hee University.
- Liden, R. C., & Maslyn, J. M. (1998). Multidimensionality of leader-member exchange: An empirical assessment through scale development. Journal of management, 24(1), 43-72. https://doi.org/10.1177/014920639802400105
- Liden, R. C., Erdogan, B., Wayne, S. J., & Sparrowe, R. T. (2006). Leader‐member exchange, differentiation, and task interdependence: implications for individual and group performance. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 27(6), 723-746. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.409
- MacDuffie, J. P. (1995). Human resource bundles and manufacturing performance: Organizational logic and flexible production systems in the world auto industry. ILR Review, 48(2), 197-221. https://doi.org/10.1177/001979399504800201
- O'Reilly, C. A., Chatman, J., & Caldwell, D. F. (1991). People and organizational culture: A profile comparison approach to assessing person-organization fit. Academy of management journal, 34(3), 487-516. https://doi.org/10.2307/256404
- Ramamoorthy, N., & Carroll, S. J. (1998). Individualism/collectivism orientations and reactions toward alternative human resource management practices. Human relations, 51(5), 571-588. https://doi.org/10.1177/001872679805100501
- Schriesheim, C. A., Neider, L. L., & Scandura, T. A. (1998). Delegation and leader-member exchange: Main effects, moderators, and measurement issues. Academy of Management Journal, 41(3), 298-318. https://doi.org/10.2307/256909
- I. D. Seo. (1986). A Study on the Relationship between Organizational Culture Types and Organizational Characteristics of Korean Firms. Seoul National University Graduate School Doctoral Thesis.
- Wood, S. (1999). Human resource management and performance. International journal of management reviews, 1(4), 367-413. https://doi.org/10.1111/1468-2370.00020
- Yammarino, F. J., Dubinsky, A. J., Comer, L. B., & Jolson, M. A. (1997). Women and transformational and contingent reward leadership: A multiple-levels-of-analysis perspective. Academy of Management Journal, 40(1), 205-222. https://doi.org/10.2307/257027
- Walton, R. E. (1985). From control to commitment in the workplace. Harvard Business Review, 63(2), 76-84.
- Fombrun, C. J., Devanna, M. A., & Tichy, N. M. (1984). The human resource management audit. Fombrun, Charles J./Tichy, Noel M./Devanna, Mary A.(Hg.): Strategic Human Resource Management. New York usw, 235-248.
- Gerstner, C. R., & Day, D. V. (1997). Meta-Analytic review of leader-member exchange theory: Correlates and construct issues.
- Kilmann, R. H., Saxton, M. J., & Serpa, R. (1985). Gaining control of the corporate culture. Jossey-Bass Inc Pub.
- S. S. Kim. (2010). Performance - based Personnel System Transformation in Korean Companies, Seoul National University Press.
- K. K. Park, (1997). New personnel management. Seoul: Hongmunsa.
- Parsons, T., & Platt, G. M. (1968). The American academic profession: A pilot study. Universite de Montreal], Laboratoire de sociologie de l'education.
- Peters, T. J., Waterman, R. H., & Jones, I. (1982). In search of excellence: Lessons from America's best-run companies.
- Pfeffer, J. (1994). Competitive advantage through people: Unleashing the power of the work force. Harvard Business Press.
- Quinn, E. (2010). Nuthin'but a" G" thang: The culture and commerce of gangsta rap. Columbia University Press.
- Sathe, V. (1985). Culture and related corporate realities: Text, cases, and readings on organizational entry, establishment, and change. Richard D Irwin.
- Schein, E. H. (1985). Organisational culture and leadership: A dynamic view. San Francisco.
- Simon, H. A. (1969). The sciences of the artificial MIT Press. Cambridge, MA.
- S. K. Lee, E. G. Kang & S. D. Goo. (2017). A Study on the effect of Empowering Leadership to Organizational Citizenship Behavior - Mediating Effect of Self-Leadership. The Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(11), 209-220. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.1.209
- S. K. Lee, K. H. Son, E. G. Kang & Y. H. Kim. (2014). A Study on the Influence of Empowering-Leadership to Creativity and Job attitude. The Journal of Digital Convergence, 12(8), 85-99. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.8.85