- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Effects of User Experience on Facebook Acceptance Behavior and Advertising Acceptance Behavior
사용자 경험이 페이스북 수용행태와 광고 수용행태에 미치는 영향
- Chang, Sungbok (Display Research Institute, The Incheon Catholic University) ;
- Youm, Dongsup (Dept. of Advertising & Public Relations & Communication, The Mokwon University)
- Received : 2018.01.03
- Accepted : 2018.03.20
- Published : 2018.03.28
This study aimed to investigate the effects of user experience on Facebook acceptance behavior and advertising acceptance behavior. For the study, a survey was conducted among 367 male and female college students who use Facebook. In the results, first, functionality, usability, and pleasurable had positive effects on Facebook attitude, usability and pleasurable on flow, and reliability, usability, and pleasurable on the intent for continuous use. Second, functionality had a negative effect on advertising invasiveness while pleasurable had a positive effect on advertising attitude and no significant effect on advertising avoidance. The findings in this study provide basic data that can be used by various companies that use Facebook and advertising on Facebook for developing marketing strategy. In addition, future studies are expected on considering various variables related to user experience.
Facebook;User Experience;Facebook Acceptance Behavior;Advertising Acceptance Behavior;Audience Effect
- W. Kim & H. Kim. (2015). A Study on User Experience Design Process for 0-3 Years Old Education Contents. Journal of the Korean Society of Design Culture, 21(2), 95-107.
- Biztribune (2017. 11. 7) http://biztribune.co.kr/n_news/news/view.php?no=31942 (accessed November 20, 2017)
- H. M. Byeon & S. W. Shim. (2016) The Study on the Effect on Social Native ads : Facebook Sponsored Advertising. Journal of Practical Research in Advertising and Public Relations, 9(3), 26-48.
- S. J. Heo & C. H. Cho. (2017) Factors Influencing Consumer's Sharing Intent of Facebook Viral Advertising. The Korean Journal of Advertising, 28(3), 53-81. https://doi.org/10.14377/KJA.2017.4.15.3
- K. Y. Lee. (2012) Effectiveness of Facebook Advertising: With Emphasis on the Effectiveness of Display Ads and "Like" Message. Journal of Media Economics & Culture, 10(4), 39-84.
- Y. W. Shin & C. H. Cho. (2014). A Study on Advertising Effectiveness of Source Expertness and Social Distance in Facebook: Applying Persuasion Knolwedge Model. The Korean Journal of Advertising, 25(1), 343-366. https://doi.org/10.14377/KJA.2014.1.15.343
- J. H. Doo & J. H. Kim. (2012). The Influence of Facebook Ad Type on Advertising Effect Persuasion Knowledge Model and Technology Acceptance Model. The Korean Journal of Advertising and Public Relations, 14(2), 300-330.
- G. H. Min., H. S. Park., M. J. Song & J. K. Lee. (2015). The Effects of Types of Ads and the Intensity of Use on Electronic Word-of-Mouth in Facebook: The Moderating Role of Independent Self-Construal. The Korean Journal of Advertising, 26(8), 7-33.
- H. T. Joo & S. E. Cha. (2012). UX(User Experience) for Industrial Applications. Industrial Engineering Magazine, 19(1), 13-16.
- H. K. Kim, S. H. Han, J. H. Park, W. K. Park, Y. S. Park, Y. S. Cho & S. H. Oh. (2009). The Definition of User Experience Through a Literature Survey. 2009 The Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers Conference on (pp. 305-309), October.
- J. H. Moon, S. T. Im, C. R. Park, I. S. Lee & J. W. Kim. (2008). Conceptual Study on User Experience in HCI: Definition of UX and Introduction of a New Concept of CX (Co-Experience). Journal of the HCI Society of Korea, 3(1), 9-17. https://doi.org/10.17210/jhsk.2008.05.3.1.9
- J. H. Park, S. H. Han, H. K. Kim, Y. S. Cho, Y. S. Park & Y. S. Park. (2009). Development of user experience concepts with interviewing experts in Korean mobile phone industry. 2009 The Ergonomics Society of Korea Conference on (pp. 142-145), November.
- H. K. Kim & S. H. Han. (2010). A Longitudinal Study on the Importance of User Experience Elements in Mobile Service. 2010 The Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers Conference on (pp. 397-403), November.
- H. K. Kim, S. H. Han, J. H. Park & Y. S. Park. (2010). The Development of Components of User Value Through an Ethnographic Study. 2010 The HCI Society of Korea Conference on (pp. 635-637), January.
- D. G. Lee, J. J. Kim, K. W. Lee & H. W. Lee A Study on Technology Valuation Method considering UX. 2011 The HCI Society of Korea Conference on (pp. 1146-1149), January.
- J. H. Ahn & S. I. Kim. (2016). Comparison the Difference of User Experience for Mobile Facebook and Instagram Using Nonparametric Statistics Methods: Focused on Emotional Interface Model. Journal of Digital Convergence, 14(11), 481-488. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.11.481
- S. H. Jang & S. I. Kim. (2014). Evaluation study about the utilization of applications which provide closed-type social network service: Focusing on 'Naver Band' and 'Kakao Group'. Journal of Digital Design, 14(1), 377-386. https://doi.org/10.17280/jdd.2014.14.1.037
- H. G. Kim & S. I. Kim. (2017). Evaluation for User Experience about GUI of Design of Educational application: Mainly with Analysis on 'The Cast exams on the EBS lectures'. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(3), 295-300. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.3.295
- S. I. Kim & G. J. Shin. (2010). The Relationship of Brand Awareness and User Experience in 3D GUI Mobile Phone. Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 10(1), 147-159. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.1.147
- S. R. Jung & H. S. Shin. (2012). The Effect of The User Experience of Smart Phone on Satisfaction. The Journal of The Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, 7(5), 1087-1093. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2012.7.5.1087
- S. M. Lee & B. Y. Yang. (2010). Influence of consumption affect displayed by mobile phone on user experience. Journal of Korea Society of Design Trend, 29, 213-222.
- Y. W. Ha, J. Kim, Libaque-Saenz, C. F, Y. Chang & M. C. Park. (2015). Use and gratifications of mobile SNSs: Facebook and KakaoTalk in Korea. Telematics and Informatics, 32(3), 425-438. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tele.2014.10.006
- C. S. Mun, B. S. Kim & Y. H. Shin. (2015). A Study on the Influence of Attitude and Fatigue Behavior on Continuous Uses of SNS. 2015 The Korean Academic Society Of Business Administration Conference on (pp. 463-480), August.
- Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi. (1997). Finding Flow. Brockman Inc.
- Hoffman, D. L & Novak, T. P. (1996). Marketing in Hypermedia Computer-Mediated Environments: Conceptual Foundations. The Journal of Marketing, 50-68.
- Koufaris, M. (2002). Applying the technology acceptance model and flow theory to online consumer behavior. Information Systems Research, 13(2), 205-223. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.126.96.36.199
- S. J. Lee. (2013). An Empirical Investigation of the Relationships among Personal Traits, Gratification and Social networking Sites Addiction: Focusing on Facebook Users. Korean Journal of Communication Studies, 21(4), 17-39.
- Y. Noh. (2016). A Study on the effect of SNS Usage Motivations on flow and addiction: Focusing on Facebook Users. The e-Business Studies, 17(3), 301-320.
- C. C. Chang, S. W. Hung, M. J. Cheng & C. Y. Wu. (2015). Exploring the intention to continue using social networking sites: The case of Facebook. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 95, 48-56. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.techfore.2014.03.012
- S. I. Ahn. (2016). The avoidant phenomena and influencing factors of highschool seniors' attitudes towards the media, ad perception and abrasiveness of the ad. Hong Ik University Doctoral thesis.
- J. P. Hong. (2009). Investigation of Advertising Avoidance and Its Predictors in Six Different Media Types. The Korean Journal of Advertising, 20(5), 181-212.
- D. S. Youm. (2017). The Effect of Motivation for Using Mobile Social Network Games on the Game Attitude, Continuous Use Intention and Intention to Recommend the Game. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(1), 453-459. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.1.453
- D. S. Youm & S. Y. Yu. (2013). The effects of UI(user interface) experience on product attitude and purchase intention for smartphones. Journal of Digital Convergence, 11(4), 129-137. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.4.129
- C. W. Kim, Y. H. Moon & J. H. Choi. (2012). The Impact of Brand SNS Commitment on Brand Loyalty. Journal of Product Research, 30(2), 107-116.
- Y. Noh. (2015). A Study on SNS usage motivations affecting flow: Focus on facebook users. The e-Business Studies, 16(1), 287-304. https://doi.org/10.15719/geba.16.1.201502.287