- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Self-Regulated Learning Factors on Learning Motivation on Underachiever
학습부진학생의 자기조절학습요인이 학습동기에 미치는 영향
- Kwon, Eun-Kyoung (Dept. of Education, Kyungnam University)
- 권은경 (경남대학교 교육학과)
- Received : 2017.09.26
- Accepted : 2018.03.20
- Published : 2018.03.28
The problem of poor learning has been a subject that has been constantly raised in the educational field since the mid 20th century. Therefore, this study classified the components of self - regulated learning into cognitive - control, motive - control, and behavior - control strategies, and examined the effects of self - regulated learning on internal value, self - efficacy, curiosity, and self - confidence. The study was conducted on university students who participated in the program for the study of depression in A university in Changwon city. The results showed that self - regulated learning factors had a positive effect on learning motivation. Second, the learning adjustment factors have a positive effect on self - efficacy. Finally, learning control factors have a positive effect on curiosity and self - confidence. Through this study, we confirmed that a comprehensive guidance system considering interaction is needed because various factors act integrally in the learning process. As a concrete method, it is imperative to develop a learning counseling program that can enhance the motivation level by referring to cognitive, synchronous, and behavioral factors.
Underachievement;Self-Regulated Learning;Learning Motivation;Self-efficacy;Confidence
- D. I. Kim. (1999), Educating Children with Learning Difficulties - the Prospective Agenda of Research and Practice for Educational Psychology, Journal of Educational Psychology, 13, 13-32.
- S. O. Kim, G. O. Kim, S. D. Kim, S. D. Lee, H. S. Lim & S. M. Han. (2001), Underachievers' Understanding and Education, Seoul : HakJisa.
- I. R. Lim. (2012), Analyzing the Relationship among the Configuration Factors of Self-regulated Learning Strategy in the Elementary School Underachievers, A master's thesis, EWHA Womans University, Seoul.
- D. I. Kim, E. J. Shin, M.G. Lee & H. S. Kim. (2011), Learning Counseling, Seoul : HakJisa.
- J. Y. Lee, B. M. Kim & E. J. Jang. (2013), Development of Program (Exploring Myself) for Unsuccessful College Students in Academic Achievement, Korea Journal of Counseling, 14(1), 359-384. https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.14.1.201302.359
- S. W. Kang, E. K. Lee & N. M. Yang. (2000), A study About Developing the Academic Support System Through an Analysis of the Characteristics Between the High Achievers and Underachievers in Their Academic Performance in the University, Korean Journal of Counseling And Psychotherapy, 12(2), 221-242.
- M. H. Shin. (2018), An Analysis of the Effects of On-Off line Convergence Learning Activities Based on Students' Learning Styles, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(2), 85-90. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.2.085
- M. H. Shin. (1998), Promoting Learner's Self-Regulation Ability in Learner Controlled Computer Based Instruction, Journal of Educational Technology, 14(3), 177-197. https://doi.org/10.17232/KSET.14.3.177
- U. H. Chang. (1991), The Possibility and Problems of Training for Learning Strategies, Journal of Education, 10, 43-56.
- T. H. Ha & H. G. Baek. (2005), Building an Ontology for Structured Diagnosis Data Entry of Educating Underachieving Students, Journal of Digital Convergence, 3(1), 183-194.
- S. H. Sin. (1979), A review of Literature for Underachievers, Seoul : KEDI.
- S. Y. Jeong. (2002), The effects of a self-regulated learning program on the pattern change of self-regulated learning strategies use in elementary fifth graders with different achievement levels, A master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Pitrich, P. R., & De Groot, E. V. (1990), Motivational and self-regulated learning components of classroom academic performance. Journal of Educational Psychology, 82, 33-40. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-0622.214.171.124
- Schunk, D. H. (1989), Progress self-monitoring ; effects on children's self-efficacy and achievement, Journal of Experimental Education, 51, 89-93.
- K. S. An & J. Y. Hwang. (2017), The Development of Self-regulation Program Elementary School Students' to Improve Willpower, Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(1), 413-425. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.1.413
- E. Y. Moon. (2010), The Effect of Self-regulated Learning Program on Middle School Student's Social Study Academic Achievement and Self-Efficacy, A master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Zimmerman, B. J. & Martinez-Pons, M.(1988), Construct validation of strategy model student self-regulated learning. Journal of Educational Psychology, 80, 284-290. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-06126.96.36.1994
- Zimmerman, B. J.(1990), Self-regulated learning and academic achievement ; An overview." Educational Psychologist, 25, 3-17. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15326985ep2501_2
- Y. H. Cha. (2008), The Effect of Self-regulated Learning Strategies on the Elementary School Students's Creativity and Academic Achievement, A master's thesis, Daegu University.
- S. H. Lee. (2012), A Case Study on the Participation Experience of Underachievers in Self-Regulated Learning Program, A master's thesis, Gyeongin National University of Education.
- D. M. Kim. (2016), The Effects of the Brain Education Meditation Program on Self-Regulated Learning Ability and the Academic Self-Efficacy of Elementary School Students, Journal of Digital Convergence, 14(5), 77-84. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.5.77
- S. J. Lee & K. H. Shin. (2013), Effect of achievement goal directivity and self-regulated learning strategy on the level of learning achievement, Journal of Digital Convergence, 11(12), 829-834. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.829
- H. S. Oh. (2017), Influence of learning motivation, communication skill, academic self-efficacy on self-directed learning ability in nursing students, Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(8), 311-321. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.1.311
- Y. Lee & S. Y. Lee. (2017), Multidimen- sional Effects of Learning Motives and Autonomy on Job Creativity and School Satisfaction of Vocational College Students, Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(3), 99-106. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.3.99
- M. H. Yang. (2000), The study on Development and Validation of Self-Regulated Learnung Model, Doctoral Dissertation, Seoul National University, Seoul.
- G. J. Choi. (2010), A Study on Relationship between Self-Directed Learning and School Life Adjustment in High School Students, A master's thesis, Konkuk University, Seoul.