- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analyzing the effect of software education applying problem-solving learning
문제해결학습을 적용한 소프트웨어 교육 효과 분석
- Lee, Youngseok (KNU College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Kangnam University)
- 이영석 (강남대학교 KNU 참인재대학 교양교수부)
- Received : 2018.02.26
- Accepted : 2018.03.20
- Published : 2018.03.28
The future society will be identify various problem situations accurately and the ability to solve problems effectively using computing technology become more important. Based on this background, an education of future human resources based on computational thinking as well as a problem-solving ability are important in university education. Therefore, in this paper, we have analyzed the effects of software education to improve computational thinking based on problem-solving learning. We have found that there is a significant difference between the interest of the students and their learning and academic achievements. Therefore, based on the understanding of the learning motivation and method, if the problem-solving learning is conducted in real-life scenarios suitable for the level of the student, it can be possible to induce the interest of the students and improve their computational thinking ability.
Problem-solving learning;Software education;Learning effect;Learning satisfaction;Computational thinking
Supported by : Kangnam University
- Software Policy Division. (2015). Plan to educate human resources for software-oriented society, Ministry of Science and ICT. http://www.msit.go.kr/web/msipContents/contentsView. do?cateId=mssw315&artId=1270998
- G. Chen, J. Shen, L. Barth-Cohen, S. Jiang, X. Huang & M. Eltouhky. (2017). Assessing Elementary Students' Computational Thinking in Everyday Reasoning and Robotics Programming. Computer and Education, 109, 162-175. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2017.03.001
- I. Jeong. (2017). Study on the Preliminary Teachers' Perception for the Development of Curriculum of the Robot-based Software Education in the Universities of Education. Journal of The Korean Association of Information Education, 21(3), 277-284. https://doi.org/10.14352/jkaie.21.3.277
- Y. Jeon & T. Kim. (2015). The Design and Application of an Experience-Driven Online Software Class Based on Creative Problem Solving for Cultivating the Creative Personality of the Elementary Informatics-Gifted Students. The Journal of Korea Elementary Education, 26(4), 477-494. https://doi.org/10.20972/kjee.26.4.201512.477
- S. Paik. (2017). The Effects of Educational Programming Language with PBL(Problem Based Learning) on logical thinking ability and Problem Solving ability in elementary school environments. Master thesis. Korea National University of Education, Chung-Buk.
- H. J. Myung. (2014). Effects of Software Special Classon Programming and Creative Problem Solving Capability. Master thesis. Hanyang University, Seoul.
- KERIS(Korea Education & Research Information Service). (2016). Software education teacher raining program. TM 2016-37.
- B. Kim, Y. Jeon, J. Kim & T. Kim. (2016). Development and Application of Real Life Problem Solving Lesson Contents Based on Computational Thinking for Informatics Integrated-Gifted Elementary School Students' Creativity. Korean Journal of Teacher Education, 32(1), 159-186. https://doi.org/10.14333/KJTE.2016.32.1.159
- J. Ku, Y. Jeon & T. Kim. (2016). The Development and Application of Lesson Contents Based on the CT-CPS Framework for Improving the Creative Problem Solving Ability of Elementary Informatics Gifted Students. The Journal of Korea Elementary Education, 27(2), 339-357. https://doi.org/10.20972/kjee.27.2.201606.339
- H. Y. Jung. (2014). An Empirical Study on Information Liberal Education in University based on IT Fluency and Computational Thinking Concept. Journal of the Korea society of computer and information, 19(2), 263-274. https://doi.org/10.9708/jksci.2014.19.2.263
- K. Kim & H. Kim. (2014). A Case Study on Necessity of Computer Programming for Interdisciplinary Education, Journal of Digital Convergence, 12(11), 339-348. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.11.339
- J. Seo. (2017). A Case Study on Programming Learning of Non-SW Majors for SW Convergence Education. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(7), 123-132. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.7.123
- S. H. Kim. (2015). Analysis of Non-Computer Majors' Difficulties in Computational Thinking Education. The Journal of Korean Association of Computer Education, 18(3), 15-23.
- J. Y. Ki. (2018). A Study on UX Design Process Lecture Based on Modified PBL(Problem-Based Learning). Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(1), 117-131. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.1.117
- J. H. Ku. (2017). Designing an App Inventor Curriculum for Computational Thinking based Non-majors Software Education. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 7(1), 61-66. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2017.7.1.061