- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Deokhu's culture in adolescent as a play space on Cyber
사이버상의 놀이 공간으로서 청소년의 덕후 문화
- Huh, Jeung-Kyeung (Department of Child, Seoul Digital University)
- 허정경 (서울디지털대학교 아동학과)
- Received : 2018.02.02
- Accepted : 2018.03.20
- Published : 2018.03.28
The purpose of this study is to explore the essential meaning of Deokhu's culture in adolescent as a play space on Cyber. A phenomenological research method guided data collection and analysis. Qualitative research methods collected from 18 in - depth interviews using semistructured question types for 13 to 17 year - old adolescents living in Seoul Jamsil. As a result, As a result, adolescent's Deokhu culture started by stress and social and emotional desire, and especially it was utilized as a play space on the cyber of purchase activity of fandom and goods around SNS activities. This has a positive effect on self-awareness as well as self-identity formation. Above all, the shortage of play time due to heavy school entrance and the lack of socially provided play space make the cyber space as another play space for the adolescents.
Supported by : Seoul Digital University
- H. W. Kwon & S. B. Choi. (2011). Distinction in the Taste of Art Film: a Study on the Distinction between Popular Film and Art Film. Journal of social Research, 12(1), 27-64.
- M, H. Lee. (2017). A study on otaku's self-identification and identity formation : based on Japanese comic.animation audience in Korea. Unpublished master's thesis. Yeonse University, Seoul.
- A. Giorgi. (2000). Concerning the application of phenomenology to caring research. Scand J. Caring Sci 14:11-15. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1471-6712.2000.tb00555.x
- J. K. Song. (2000). The Study of on inquiry into Japanimation and OTACU-Culture of Japanese. Unpublished master's thesis. Baejae University, Daejeon.
- K. Sharon & M. J. Kim. (2000). Subculture research in Japan in the 1990s. Cartoon & Animation Studies, 4, 312-336.
- H. J. Song. (2010. 1. 2). Japan in South Korea, Korea in Japan: Western food should also come from Japan before going to Korea. News of Chosun Ilbo, p. 44.
- Y. H. Lee. (2009. 3 2). "I am an otaku" Stately Japanese entertainers. News of Joongang Ilbo, p. 29.
- B. J. Kim, J. E. Kim & S. S. Lee. (2015. 10. 28). "Professional without degree "… Finally, the world respects 'Deokhu'. News of Dong-A Ilbo, p. 34.
- C. S. Im & Y. J. Lee. (2013). Consideration about Terms and Meaning of Korean Otaku. Japanese studies, 34(32), 5-342.
- Standard Korean Dictionary (2017). National Korean Language Institute [Web page]. Retrieved from http://stdweb2.korean.go. kr/.
- S. M. Whang. (2000). Adolescents' self - expression and their interaction patterns in cyberspace ; Exploration of behavior patterns and thoughts. The Korean journal of Developmental psychology, 13(3), 9-19.
- S. B. Hong & S. Y. Park. (2017). Autonomy and Relatedness Satisfaction Predicting Psychological Well-Being of Adolescents: Focusing on Individualism-Collectivism Cultural Values. Korean Journal of Child Studies, 38(2), 149-164. DOI: 10.5723/KJCS.2017.38.2.5. https://doi.org/10.5723/kjcs.2017.38.2.149
- M. W. Choi, H. H. Cho & Y. A. Kim. (2016). The Effect of Internet Usage, Fandom Activities and Sense of Community on Adolescents'' Mental Health in the Digital Era. Journal of Digital Convergence, 14(9), 349-358. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2016.14.9.349. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.9.349
- J. A. Paik. (2015). The Effects of Parenting Attitudes on Adolescents' Fandom Activities in the Times of Convergence : Focusing on the Mediating Effects of Psychological Factors and Life Satisfaction. Journal of Digital Convergence, 13(9), 453-461. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.9.453
- J. W. Cheon. (2000). A study on the characteristics of youth deviance in cyberspace. Korean Journal of Youth Studies, 7(2), 97-116.
- K. B. Yun&H. S. Doh. (2017). The Effects of Parent-Adolescent Communication and Friendship Quality on Adolescent Happiness. Korean Journal of Child Studies, 38(2), 149-164. DOI : 10.5723/KJCS.2017.38.2.149. https://doi.org/10.5723/kjcs.2017.38.2.149
- A. Giorgi. (2003). Giorgi's phenomenological research method. 2003's qualitative research method workshop.
- Y. G. Yun. (2013). A Study on Odukhu. Journal of Japanese Language Education Association, 66, 305-320.
- J. J. Lee. (2014). A Narrative Inquiry on Adolescents' Experiences of Self-Identity Formation in Cyber Space. Doctoral dissertation. Pyeongtaek University, Pyeongtaek.
- O. S. Kim. (2018). The Effects of Maltreatment By Parents On Teenagers' Depression: Focusing on the Mediating Effects of Social Withdrawal and Cell Phone Dependency. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(1), 213-221. DOI : 10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.1.213. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.1.213
- Kim, S. A & Han, Y. S. (2011). The Interaction between After-School Caregiver Absence and School Adjustment Concerning Computer Use in Early and Middle Adolescence. Journal of Korean Council for Children & Rights, 19(1), 103-12.