- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effects of extracurricular programs based on Smart Learning for enhancing competency of university students.
대학생 핵심역량 증진을 위한 스마트러닝기반 비교과교육의 효과
- Kim, Hyun-woo (Smith College of Liberal Arts, Sahmyook University) ;
- Kang, Sun-young (Sookmyung Women's University)
- Received : 2018.01.22
- Accepted : 2018.03.20
- Published : 2018.03.28
The purpose of this study is to design smart learning based extracurricular program of the university and to analyze the effect of core competencies. This program was formed by 10 teams with S and K University in Seoul, and run a daily camp format to use smart devices and apps. As a result, the participating students, communication skill, self-directed and creativity increased significantly. In addition, the educational effects of this program was positive changes in the areas of 'communication', 'self-directed', 'cooperative learning', 'problem solving' in the focus group interview. And the students responded that the use of smart devices and apps help to immerse in the program and increase their interest. The purpose of this study is to suggest new models and implications for the extracurricular program. In the future, we hope to develop the various smart learning based extracurricular programs for enhancing the competencies.
University Union Program;Comparative Curriculum;Smart Learning;Core Competency;Learning Effect
- Schwab, K. (2016). The fourth industrial revolution. Geneva, Switzerland: World Economic Forum.
- H. K. Jho. (2017). The Changes of Higher Education and the Tasks of General Education according to the Fourth Industrial Revolution, Korean Journal of General Education, 11(2), 53-89.
- K. H. Lee & S. H, An. (2014). A Study on the Educational Tasks for Revitalizing the Competency-Based Education, Korea educational review, 21(1), 141-173.
- J. M. Kim, Y. E. Yoo & S. Y. Lee. (2017). The Analysis of Effectiveness and Review of University Extra-curricular Programs. Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, 17(17), 773-791. https://doi.org/10.22251/jlcci.2017.17.17.773
- OECD. (2005). The Role of National Qualifications Systems in Promoting Lifelong Learning.
- K. W. Yang. (2015). Implementation and Operation of University Extracurricular Education Management and Accreditation System: U-CAAM. Journal of information
- Wampfler, Philippe. (2014). Social Media Generation. https://www.goethe.de/ins/kr/ko/spr/mag/20552677.html
- S. Y. Kim & M. K. Lee. (2016). A Study on Students' Perceptions and Needs about College Extracurricular Programs. Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, 16(9), 585-609. https://doi.org/10.22251/jlcci.2016.16.9.585
- K. S. Noh & S. H. Ju. (2011). An Exploratory Study on Smart Campus Model. Journal of Digital Convergence, 9(3), 181-190.
- E. M. Sung. (2017). Exploring the Characteristics on Types of Smart Media Usage of University Students in Higher Education with Laten Class Analysis. Journal of Educational Information and Media, 23(3), 631-655.
- J. Y. Seo, S. H. Shin & E. H. Goo. (2017). Analysis of Change of Digital Mind by the Class Type in Basic Software Education for the Students of Humanities. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(9), 55-64. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.3.55
- H. O. Heo, H. W. Lee, E. S. Kang, H. J. Kim & K. Y. Lim. (2014). Localization of SMART Education: Focused on Jeollanamdo. Journal of Digital Convergence, 12(5), 25-37. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.5.25
- Ministry of Education, Science and Technology. (2011). Smart education implementation strategy implementation plan. Open Policy Presentation.
- H. S. Choi & E. M. Sung. (2017). Comparison of Student's Self-Directed Learning Abilities among the Types of Smart Media Literacy in Middle School. Journal of Educational Information and Media, 23(1), 169-195.
- I. A. Kang, B. R. Lim & J. R. Park. (2012). Exploring the theoretical framework and teaching & learning strategies of Smart Learning: Using cases of university classrooms. Journal of Educational Methodology Studies, 24(2), 283-303.
- J. E. Shon. (2012). Effects of Science Camp Programs Based on Smart Learning on Adolescents' Key Competences. Master dissertation. Kyung Hee University, Seoul.
- H. J. Kim & J. H. Leem. (2014). Developing an Instructional Model for Collaborative Problem Solving based on Smart Learning: A Design-Based Research. Journal of Educational Technology, 30(4), 651-677. https://doi.org/10.17232/KSET.30.4.651
- J. H. Leem & S. S. Ahn. (2014). A qualitative study on educational usefulness and problems of smartpad-based instruction in elementary school. Journal of The Korean Association of Information Education, 18(1), 75-87. https://doi.org/10.14352/jkaie.2014.18.1.75
- J. R. Kim, Y. S. Kim, S. W. Han, S. W. Kim & B. K. Kye. (2014). Development of Tools to Evaluate the Effectiveness of Smart Education and Digital Textbooks. Journal of The Korean Association of Information Education, 18(2), 357-370. https://doi.org/10.14352/jkaie.2014.18.2.357
- J. H. Kang. (2011). A Study on Utilizing SNS to Vitalize Smart Learning. Journal of Digital Convergence, 9(5), 265-274.