- Volume 9 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Obstetric Outcomes between Married Immigrant and Korean Pregnant Women in University Hospital
일 대학병원 결혼이주여성과 한국여성의 산과적 결과 비교
- Lee, Eun-Sook (College of Nursing, Chonnam National University) ;
- Moon, Hee (Department of Nursing, Sunchon National University)
- Received : 2018.01.11
- Accepted : 2018.03.20
- Published : 2018.03.28
This study was to investigate the factors affecting the obstetric outcomes of married immigrant women and to compare the results with the Korean women's and to provide basic data for establishing effective nursing interventions for the married immigrant women. The subjects were 302 married immigrant women and Korean women who were delivered in the university hospital from 2011 to 2015. Data were analyzed using frequency, mean, standard deviation and logistic regression using SPSS WIN 24.0 program. Factors affecting obstetric outcome were premature rupture of membranes, gestational hypertension, amniotic fluid abnormalities, and medical illness in both married immigrant women and Korean women. In addition, age, spouse's age, occupation, hemoglobin level, and placental abnormality were found to have an effect on obstetrical outcome in married immigrant women. Therefore, in order to improve the obstetric outcome of married immigrant women, a prenatal care program considering these influencing factors will be needed.
- L. S. Hong. (2017). A Convergence Study on Social Support and Life's Satisfaction oh the Marriage Immigrant Women. J. of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(6), 359-368. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.6.359
- J. R. Lim, Y. K. Han & H. H. Kim. (2017). The Relationship of Acculturative Stress, Self-esteem and Oral Management Ability of Vietnam Marriage Migrant Women. J. of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(6), 109-119. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.6.109
- Korea National Statistics. (2015). Office, Marriage rate of Korean men and foreign woumen Population movement study. http://www.kosis.kr.
- H. R. Kim. (2009). Maternal Health and Nutritional Status of Marriage Based Women Immigrant in Korea and Policy Directions. Health Welfare Policy Forum, 50-64.
- G. H. Jeong, H. J. Koh, K. S. Kim, S. H. Kim, H. H. Kim, H. S. Park, Y. S. Lee, Y. R. Han & K. W. Kim. (2009). A Survey on Health Management of during Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Postpartum of Immigrant Women in a Multi-cultural Family. Korean J. Women Health Nurs, 15(4), 261-269.
- H. I. Jang, J. S. Choi, E. S. Song & Y. Y. Choi. (2013). Changes in Birth Rate, Perinatal Risk Factors and Outcome in Newborns in Multi-cultural Family: Ten-year Experience in One Center. Neonatal Med, 20(1), 146-154. https://doi.org/10.5385/nm.2013.20.1.146
- G. S. Pedersen, L. H. Mortensen, M. Gerster, J. R. Edwards & A. M. N. Andersen. (2012). Preterm Birth and Birth weight-for-Gestational Age among Immigrant Women in Denmark 1978-2007: A Nationwide Registry Study Nationwide Registry Study. Paediatric and Perinatal Epidemiology, 26, 534-542. https://doi.org/10.1111/ppe.12010
- P. Phadungkiatwattana, J. Rujiwetpongstorn, T. Tansathit & N. Srisantiroj. (2011). Pregnancy Outcomes of Southeast Asian Immigrant Pregnant Women Compared with Thai Pregnant Women in Rajavithi Hospital. J Med Assoc Thai, 94(2), 147-151.
- F. Diani, G. Zanconato, Fabiola Foschi, Anna Turinetto & M. Franchi. (2003). Management of the Pregnant Immigrant Woman in the decade 1992-2001. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecolog, 23(6), 615-617. https://doi.org/10.1080/01443610310001604367
- I. D. Jang, N. M. Hwang, M. S. Yoon & S. M. Park. (2010). Current Status and Factors Affecting Prenatal Care by Married Immigrant Women. Korean J Women Health Nurs, 16(4), 326-335.
- M. J. Kim. (2011). A Comparative Study on Birth Outcomes between Korean Women and Immigrant Women. Korean J Women Health Nurs, 17(4), 407-414. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2011.17.4.407
- Ministry of Gender Equality and Family. (2017). National multicultural family survey in 2015. http://www.mogef.go.kr.
- D. H. Seol. (2005). Foreign Wive'sLife in Korea: Focusing on the Policy of Welfare and Health. Ministry of Health and Welfare, 101-148.
- I. H. Baek, C. S. Kim, S. L. Lee & J. I. Kim. (2011). Clinical Features of Marriage Immigrant Women and Their Babies in Perinatal Period :Comparison with Native Parturient Women and Neonates. Korean J Perinatol, 22(1), 14-21.
- H. Y. Lee, G. C. Park, M. K. Kim & O. K. Lee. (2013). Factors Influencing on Perinatal Outcomes of Asian Marriage Immigrant Women :Ten-year Experience in a Single Center. Korean J Perinato, 24(3), 168-179. https://doi.org/10.14734/kjp.2013.24.3.168
- J. H. Cho, H. S. Ahn & H. S. Bae. (2009). The Use of Iron Supplements of Pregnant Women and Pregnancy Outcome. Korean J Community Nutr., 14(3), 327-339
- Y. W. Song, J. H. Shin, Y. S. Yoon, H. C. Jeong, H. E. Yim, B. M. Choi, J. H. Lee, H. J. Kim, Y. S. Hong & J. W. Song. (2010). Perinatal Complications of Mothers and Neonates Resulting from Inadequate Prenatal Care. Korean J Perinatol. 21(4), 347-355.
- S. Gennaro. (2005). Overview of Current State of Research on Pregnancy Outcomes in Minority Populations. Am J Obstet Gynecol, 192, S3-S10.
- H. O. Park, J. W. Lim, H. S. Jin, J. W. Shim, M. H. Kim, C. S. Kim, E. R. Kim, S. Y. Kim, S. K. Park & J. J. Lee. (2009). Comparative Study of Newborns of Asian Immigrant and Korean Women. Korean Journal of Pediatrics, 52(10), 1119-1126. https://doi.org/10.3345/kjp.2009.52.10.1119
- M. S. Kramer. (1987). Determinants of Low Birth Weight: Methodological Assessment and Meta-analysis. Bull World Health Organ, 65(5), 663-737.
- R. L. Naey &, E. C. Peters. (1982). Working during Pregnancy: Effects on the Fetus. Pediatrics, 69, 724-727.
- Y. D. Shin, T. Y. Lee, Y. S. Lee & D. B. Lee. (1994). Effect of Maternal Job Activity on Preterm Delivery, Low Birth Weight and Spontaneous Abortion. The Korean Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 6(1), 69-84.
- D. A. Savitz, E. A. Whelan, A. S. Rowland & R. C. Kleckner. (1990). Maternal Employment and Reproductive Risk Factors. Am J Epidemiol.. 132(5), 933-945. https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.aje.a115736
- R. L. Goldenberg, J. F. Culhane, J. D. Iams & R. Romero. (2008). Epidemiology and Causes of Preterm Birth. Lancet, 371, 75-84. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(08)60074-4
- S. M. Kim. (2014). The Effect of Pre-pregnancy Body Mass Index, Weight Gain during Pregnancy on Birth Outcome. Chonnam National University, Master's thesis.
- L. Zeng, M. J. Dibley, Y. Cheng, S. Dang, S. Chang, L. Kong & H. Yan. (2008). Impact of micronutrient supplementation during pregnancy on birth weight, duration of gestation, and perinatal mortality in rural western China: double blind cluster randomised controlled tria. BMJ, 337, 1211-1214.
- S. M. Choi. (2016). Effect of Parental Foreign-Born Status on Birth Outcomes in Korea, 2010-2012. Health and Science, 41, 131-165.