- Volume 19 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Development of Web-Based Infection Prevention Education Program For Children, Parents and Teachers
어린이, 부모, 교사를 위한 웹기반 감염예방 교육프로그램 개발
- Received : 2017.12.20
- Accepted : 2018.03.09
- Published : 2018.03.31
This study was conducted to develop and evaluate a web-based infection prevention education program for children, parents and teachers. Research for development of the web-based education program was completed in four phases (analysis, design, development, and evaluation) from 1 February 2015 to 5 October 2015, and the completed website was named CHILD4HEALTH (http://uwcms.pusan.ac.kr). Educational contents pertaining to infection prevention were composed of three sections, children, parents and teachers. Subjects were divided into nine categories, animation, children's dictionary, with mom, music, games, quizzes, educational contents for parents, educational contents for teachers, school newsletters, and handouts. Six characters were developed to increase interest and educational effect. Program evaluation items comprised the website, reliability, and satisfaction. Website evaluation by parents revealed that ease of use was
- S. W. Yoon, O. S. Kim, E. S. Park, H. S. Oh, S. Y. Jung, H. Y. Jin, E. O. Choi, H. K. Hong, "Infection control", pp. 1-450, Seoul: O-rae, 2014.
- S. G. Lee, "2013 Korean National Immunization Survey", pp. 1-2, Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2013.
- Gyeonggi Institute of Health Environment, "Survey on hand washing", [cited 2014 March 28], Available From: http://www.gg.go.kr/search/index.php?kwd (accessed Oct., 20, 2016)
- National Statistical Office, "Cause of death statistics(nationwide)", [cited 2013 March 8], Available From: http://kostat.go.kr/wnsearch/search.jsp (accessed Sep., 11, 2016)
- Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, "Vaccination guidance", [cited 2015. May 11], Available From: https://nip.cdc.go.kr/irgd/index.html (accessed Jan., 20, 2017)
- I. O. Kim, "A Study on Health Education Program Development of Respiratory Communicable Disease Prevention for Preschool Children and the Measurement of It's Effects". Child Health Nursing Research, 10, 1, pp. 66-79, 2004.
- G. M. Lee, "The effect of computerized education program on management practice for children of respiratory communicable disease and their families", [master's thesis], Daegu: Catholic University of Daegu, 2007.
- D. W. Lee, I. S. Kwon, E. Jeong, "Development and Effects of a Child Health Management Program Based on Cooperative Learning for Mothers of Preschool Children", Child Health Nursing Research, 23, 1, pp. 48-60, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2017.23.1.48 https://doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2017.23.1.48
- H. R. Lee, "The Effects of Parenting Self-Efficacy of patient's mothers of urinary tract infection, having the Knowledge of the Urinary tract infection and the Practice of the precautions of the disease", [master's thesis], Seoul: Ewha Womans University, 2011.
- Y. M. Yoon, M. Y. Im, "Study on factors affecting preventive behaviors for infants" and preschoolers" infectious disease of child-care teachers", The Korean Society for Early Childhood Education, 32, 1, pp. 253-273, 2012. https://doi.org/10.18023/kjece.2012.32.1.011
- Buckleitner, W., Orr, A., Wolock E, "The Complete Sourcebook on Children's Software", Flemington, NJ: Active Learning Associates, 1998.
- K. W. Lee, M. S. Kim, J. H. Ryu, J. S. Park, H. O, Lee, B. K. Joe, H. K. Hong, B. R. Hwang, "Theory and Practice of Multimedia Education", Seoul: Changjisa, 1998.
- D. H. Kim, J. H. Park, "Survey of Parents and Kindergarten Teachers on their Education Needs Regarding the Prevention of Infectious Diseases in Children", The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, 10, 4, pp. 213-223, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2016.10.4.213 https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2016.10.4.213
- J. W. Shin, B. M. Jeong, S. H. Hong, "An impact of animation produced for children on early childhood education", Journal of Korea Design Knowledge, 24, pp. 377-386, 2012.
- I. W. Song, "Study of appropriateness of the preschool animation for the development in the preschool period", [master's thesis], Seoul: Hong-il University, 2008.
- J. S. Park. "Investigating the pre-service early childhood teachers' experience of making teaching materials". Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 18, 6. pp. 418-430, 2017. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.6.418
- H. Y. Koo, " The Educational Needs of Families with Respiratory Infected Children and the Degree of Nurses' Educational Performances Perceived by Families ", Child Health Nursing Research , 8, 3, pp. 281-290, 2002.
- M. Y. Lee, "Effects of the educational session of infant respiratory disease management on mother' performance level.", [master's thesis], Gwangju: Jeonnam National University, 2006.
- D. H. Kim, J. H. Park, "Practice of Child Infection Prevention Education", pp. 1-140, Gyeonggi-do: Soomoonsa, 2016.
- D. w. Lee, I. S. kwon, "Knowledge and Practice of Infection Prevention by Mothers of Young Children", Journal of Korean Academy of Child Health Nursing, 15, 3, pp. 306-313, 2009. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4094/jkachn.2009.15.3.306 https://doi.org/10.4094/jkachn.2009.15.3.306
- E. J. Kim, H. N. Im, "Exploration of Infant's Educational Significances and Critical Points in 'Pororo', TV Animation", The Korea Society for Children's Media, 10, 2, pp. 163-185, 2011.
- The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth, "Kids' dictionary of medical words." [cited 2016 March 1], Available From: http://kidshealth.org/en/kids/word /?WT.ac=k-nav (accessed Oct., 15, 2016)
- M. S. Go, E. S. Kim, H. S. Yoo, Y. S. Im, J. S. Whang, "Early Childhood Education", pp. 1-415. Seoul: Chang-ji, 2014.
- J. H. Lee, I. O. Kim, "Health Education Program Development for Infants, Toddlers and Preschool Children", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 35, 2, pp. 262-269, 2005. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2005.35.2.262 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2005.35.2.262
- S. H. Byun, "Evaluation of Educational Software Used in Special Schools for Students with Mental Retardation", [master's thesis], Seoul: Dankook University, 2007.
- G. N. Gwon, H. Y. Min, C. S. Yoon, "A study on Early Childhood Secondhand Smoke Prevention Education for Young Children's Health Right Promotion", Korean Journal of Human Ecology, 15, 2, pp. 187-196, 2006.
- Y. M. Kim, M. H. Jung, "The Development and Effect of Web-based Alcohol Preventive Education Program for Elementary School Students", Korean Journal of Health Education and Promotion, 22, 4, pp. 17-40, 2005.
Supported by : 한국연구재단