- Volume 41 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Prevalence of fowl adenovirus and chicken anemia virus in Jeonbuk, Korea
전북지역 조류아데노바이러스 및 닭전염성빈혈 감염률 조사
- Jeong, Han-Sol (Jeollabuk-do Institute of Livestock & Veterinary Research) ;
- Baek, Kui-Jeong (Jeollabuk-do Institute of Livestock & Veterinary Research) ;
- Koh, Won-Seok (Jeollabuk-do Institute of Livestock & Veterinary Research) ;
- Lee, Jeong-Won (Jeollabuk-do Institute of Livestock & Veterinary Research)
- Received : 2017.11.17
- Accepted : 2018.01.19
- Published : 2018.03.30
Fowl adenovirus (FAdV) and chicken anemia virus (CAV) have gained much importance as an immunosuppressive and economically important emerging pathogen of poultry. This study was carried out to investigate the prevalence of FAdV and CAV infection in chickens. The groups were divided into Korean native chickens, broiler, layer hens and broiler breeder and set up groups according to age. As results, 12.5% of the native chicken, 2.5% of broiler and 6.7% of layer chicken were positive, respectively by PCR for FAdV. Serological test showed that 84.8%, 79.0%, 97.7% and 96.1% of chickens were positive for antibody to FAdV in native chickens, broiler, layer hens and broiler breeder. The prevalence of CAV infection were 20.0%, 7.5%, 16.7% and 10.0%, based on CAV gene detection by PCR. In serological test of CAV, 40.6%, 35.9%, 84.8% and 73.9% of chickens were positive in that groups.
- 오경록. 2011. 닭의 아데노바이러스 감염증(1). 월간양계 3월호.
- Caterina KM, Frasca S Jr, Girshick T, Khan MI. 2004. Development of a multiplex PCR for detection of avian adenovirus, avian reovirus, infectious bursal disease virus, and chicken anemia virus. Mol Cell Probes 18: 293-298. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mcp.2004.04.003
- Chu KS, Kang MS, Song HJ, Lee JW. 2010. Investigation of infection rate and genetic sequence analysis of chicken infectious anemia virus. Korean J Vet Serv 33: 13-21.
- Cowen BS 1992 Inclusion body hepatitis anaemia and hydropericardium syndrome: Aetiology and control. World Poult Sci J 48: 247-254. https://doi.org/10.1079/WPS19920019
- Fitzgerald SD, Hess M. 2013. Adenovirus infections, pp. 289-300. In: Swayne DE, Glisson JR, McDougald LR, Nolan LK, Suarez DL, Nair V(ed.). Diseases of poultry, 13th ed. John Wilkey and Sons, Inc, Publication. Ames, Iowa.
- Goryo M, Sugimura H, Matsumoto S, Umemura T, Itakura C. 1985. Isolation of an agent inducing chicken anaemia. Avian Pathol 14: 483-496. https://doi.org/10.1080/03079458508436251
- Hess M. 2000. Detection and differentiation of avian adenoviruses: a review. Avian Pathol 29: 195-206. https://doi.org/10.1080/03079450050045440
- Hoop RK. 1993. Transmission of chicken anaemia virus with semen. Vet Rec 133: 551-552. https://doi.org/10.1136/vr.133.22.551
- Kwon YK, Kang MS, Oh JY, Jung BY, Kim HR, Kim HY, Shin SY, Kwon JH, Chung GS. 2010. Prevalence report of transovarian transmitted diseases in the breeder chickens, Korea. Korean J Poult Sci 37: 237-245. https://doi.org/10.5536/KJPS.2010.37.3.237
- MuNulty MS. 1991. Chicken anaemia agent: a review. Avian Pathol 20: 187-203. https://doi.org/10.1080/03079459108418756
- Otaki Y, Nunoya T, Tajima M, Tamada H, Nomura Y. 1987. Isolation of chicken anaemia agent and Marek's disease virus from chickens vaccinated with turkey herpesvirus and lesions induced in chicks by inoculating both agents. Avian Pathol 16: 291-306. https://doi.org/10.1080/03079458708436376
- Raue R, Hess M. 1998. Hexon based PCRs combined with restriction enzyme analysis for rapid detection and differentiation of fowl adenoviruses and egg drop syndrome virus. J Virol Methods 73: 211-217. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0166-0934(98)00065-2
- Senties-Cue CG, Wills RW, Stayer PA, Burleson MA, Magee DL. 2010. Epidemiology and effect on production parameters of an outbreak of inclusion body hepatitis in broilers. Avian diseases 54: 74-78. https://doi.org/10.1637/8958-061109-Reg.1
- Seong HW, Kim SJ. 1991. Isolation of chicken anemia agent (virus) from naturally infected chicken. Korean J Vet Res 31: 471-477.
- Toro H, Gonzalez C, Cerda L, Hess M, Reyes E, Geissea C. 2000. Chicken anemia virus and fowl adenoviruses: association to induce the inclusion body hepatitis/ hydropericardium syndrome. Avian Dis 44: 51-58. https://doi.org/10.2307/1592507
- Toro H, Ramirez AM, Larenas J. 1997. Pathogenicity of chicken anaemia virus (isolate 10343) for young and older chickens. Avian Pathol 26: 485-499. https://doi.org/10.1080/03079459708419229
- Um SS, Kwak KH, Lee JW. 2011. Seroprevalence of chicken infectious anemia virus in breeder and broiler chicken in Jeonbuk Iksan area. Korean J Vet Serv 34: 149-152. https://doi.org/10.7853/kjvs.2011.34.2.149
- Yuasa N, Taniguchi T, Yoshida I. 1979. Isolation and some characteristics of an agent inducing anemia in chicks. Avian Dis 23: 366-385. https://doi.org/10.2307/1589567