- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Effectiveness of Cognitive Activity Integration Program Designed for the Aged with Mild Dementia
경증 치매노인을 위한 인지활동 통합프로그램의 효과
- Received : 2018.01.02
- Accepted : 2018.02.20
- Published : 2018.02.28
This study examined the effectiveness of the cognitive activity integration program to delay the progression of the mild demented elderly. The subjects were divided into experimental group and comparative group for 12 cases of mild dementia, and the cognitive activity integration program was conducted for 8 weeks and compared with the MMSE-K, ADL & IADL, CDR and GDS scales. The results show that the effectiveness and continuity of the program are as follows. First, as an implication of practical dimension, integrated program of fusion and complexity is more effective than cognitive activity program of single domain. Second, the cognitive activity integration program must be continuously provided to maintain its effectiveness. Third, the cognitive activity integration program is as important as the practice process. It is necessary to develop and disseminate a cognitive activity integration program that reflects fusion and complex treatment techniques applicable to the elderly with mild dementia by practical suggestion. Policy suggestions are needed to continue the ongoing cognitive activity integration program, to maintain effectiveness, and to delay the progress of dementia.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, 2016.
- Central Dementia Center, 2015
- National Health Insurance Corporation, 2016.
- J. D. Kwon. (2016). Welfare for the Elderly, Seoul: Hakjisa Publishing.
- S. H. Lee, (2013). Gender Difference in Influencing Factors on Health related Quality of Life among the Elderly in Community. The Journal of Digital Policy & Management 11(12), 523-535.
- J. D. Kwon, S. K. Bai, (2012), The Realization of the Elderly Welfare Program Development Seoul: Hakjisa Publishing.
- M. R. Kim, W. K. Kim, (2013). Elderly welfare counseling, Seoul: Guy Community,
- A. Y. Kim. H. J. Beak, (2007). Educational Psychology. Seoul: Bak HakjiSa
- Y. E. Kim, (2013). Dementia elderly, family and play program., Hanil University Press.
- Y. J. Kim, (1990). Consumer Behavior, Paju: Nanam Publishing,
- M. W. Park. J. R. Kim. (2016), Dementia Special Education Textbook Program Manager Course", Ministry of Health and Welfare.Central Dementia Center- National Health Insurance Corporation.
- O. B. Jung, (2001). Adult development and aging, Paju: Kwahaksa Publishing.
- H. K. Choi,(2016). Elderly welfare", Seoul: hakjisa Publishing..
- J. Y. Hwang Y. E. Kim, (2014). Long term care institution demonstration project for dementia,, National Health Insurance Corporation. Elderly research information center.
- E. S. Kong. E. J. Kim, (2014). The Effects of Integrated Cognitive Training Program on Elderly Cognitive Function, The Journal of the Korea Contents Association Journal, 14(9), 332-342.
- K. D. Suh. I. K. Choi, (2017). A Study on the Cognitive Rehabilitation Project of the Elderly with Moderate Memory Dementia, Journal of Digital Convergence 15(5), 517-522. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.5.517
- Y. R. Kim, (2014). The effects of recall treatment program on perception, daily life performance and depression of elderly with dementia. Ph. D. dissertation, Daegu University.
- J. K. Kim, H. S. Kim, B. H. Jung, (2008). A Study on the Influence of Small Group Physical Activity on the Cognitive Function of the Elderly with Dementia, Dementia Occupational Therapy Society, 2(2), 13-24.
- J. P. Kim. (2015). Development and Evaluation of Suicide Prevention Program for the Elderly with Moderate Dementia. Ph. D. dissertation, Inje University.
- H. J. Kim. (2010). The Effects of Exercise Combined Cognitive Rehabilitation Program for the Elderly with Moderate Dementia, Ph. D. dissertation, Korea University.
- H. R. No, K. C. Whang, J. A. Kim, (2011). The effects of intentional snoezelen program on the activities of daily living and cognitive function of demented elderly, Special education rehabilitation science research, 3, 393-412.
- M. S. Park, (2007). The Effects of Integrated Nursing Intervention Program on Cognitive Function and Daily Living Ability of the Elderly with Dementia. Ph. D. dissertation, Cheonnam National University.
- Y. C. Kwon, J. H. Park, (1989). Standardization of Korean Mini-Mental State Examination (MMSE-K) for use in the elderly, Journal of Korean Neuropsychiatric Association, 1, 125-135.
- J. S. Whang. J. S. Kim, S. H. Kim.(2009). The Effects of Exercise on Exercise on Cognitive Function of the Elderly with Dementia, Journal of the Korean Physical Therapy Association, 6(1), 21-29.
- Y. J. Lee, S. M. Kim.(2003) The Effects of Physical Activity Program on Cognitive Function and Daily Living Ability of the Elderly with Dementia, Journal of The Korean Society for Geriatric Research, 23(4), 17-31,
- J. S. Jung.(2005). The Effects of Folk Play Program on Cognitive Function, Daily Living Ability and Problem Behavior of the Elderly with Dementia. Ph. D. dissertation, Pusan National University.
- H. R. Ji.(2003). The effects of dementia nursing intervention program on cognitive function, depression, daily life ability and social behavior of the elderly with minor dementia. Ph. D. dissertation, Cheonnam National University.
- H. M. Ha, E. Y. Choi, J. K. Jun, (2012). The Effects of Group Art Therapy on the Quality of Life of Elderly Patients with Dementia, Korean Society of Art Therapy, 19(2), 405-421.
- Y. H. Han.(2007). The Effects of Group Art Therapy on Cognitive Function, Daily Living Ability and Neuro-psychological Behavior of the Elderly with Dementia at Daycare Center, Ph. D. dissertation, Wonkwang University.
- I. D. Whang, J. S. Park. (2008). The Effects of Reading Therapy on the Awareness and Depression of the Elderly with Moderate Dementia, Centering on the Clinical Case of the S Reading Therapy Association, 1 505-522.
- C. D. Hall, A. L. Smith, S. W. Keele, (2001). The impact of aerobic activity on cognitive function in older adults: A new synthesis based on the concept of executive control, European Journal of cognitive Psychology, 13, 279-300, https://doi.org/10.1080/09541440126012
- M. F. Folstein, S. E. Folstein, P. R. McHugh, (1975). Mini Mental State: A practical method for grading the cognitive state of patients for the clinician Journal of Psychiatric Research, 12, 189-198. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3956(75)90026-6
- B. Reisberg, J. Borenstein, S. P. Slob,(1987). Behavioral symptoms in Alzheimer's disease : Phenomenology and treatment. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 48, 9-15.
- B. H. Chong. (2013). The effect oif cognitive occupational therapy in community living elders with mild cognitive impairment and dementia. Journal of Digital Convergence. 11(3), 317-325. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.3.317