- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Factor Analysis of Health Risk Behaviors in Adolescents: Focusing on Daegu and Gyeongbuk provinces
사춘기청소년의 건강위험행동에 대한 요인분석: 대구·경북지역을 중심으로
- Kum, Chang-Ae (Department Of Adolescent Education & Counseling, Daeguhanhee University) ;
- Suh, Kyung-Do (Division of Nano-technology, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Han, Sang-Chul (Department Of Adolescent Education & Counseling, Daeguhanhee University)
- Received : 2017.12.29
- Accepted : 2018.02.20
- Published : 2018.02.28
The purpose of this study is to analyze the scale of health risk behaviors among adolescents in Daegu area. The purpose of this study was to develop a health risk behavior measurement item for the adolescent adolescents in Korea and to analyze the validity (CVR) of the existing THI measurement items and then to quantify the health risk behavior Were compared and analyzed. As a result of the analysis, the reliability of the health risk behavior scale of adolescents developed through the factor analysis was verified to derive measurement items such as general condition, respiratory, circulatory, digestive, mental health and other items. The reliability and validity of the developed health risk behavior scale were found to be fairly good. Through these studies, it will be possible to develop a preventive program that can reduce the risk of health related adolescents' youth, and to devise a strategy that can provide basic data for policy formulation.
Adolescents;Health Risk Factors;Health Risk Behaviors;Scale Development;Factor Analysis
- S. C. Han, (2003). The Effects of Sensory Pursuit Orientation and Coping Strategy on Adolescents' Risk Behavior. Journal of Educational Psychology, 17(4), 1-26.
- Steinhausen, H. C., & Metzke, C. W. (2001). Risk, compensatory, vulner ability, and protective factors influencing mental health in adolescence. Journal of Youth and Adolescence, 30(3), 259-280. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1010471210790
- Brooks, J. E., (2006). Strengthening resilience in children and youths: Maximizing opportunities through the schools. Children and Schools, 28(2), 69-76. https://doi.org/10.1093/cs/28.2.69
- Whitaker, D.J., & Miller, K. S. (2000). Parent-adolescent discussions about sex and condoms: Impact on peer influences of sexual risk behavior. Journal of Adolescent Research, 15(2), 251-273. https://doi.org/10.1177/0743558400152004
- S. H. Hwang,(2012). "Flight Theory Approach to Causes of Smoking and Drinking in Adolescents: Focusing on General Tension Theory and Social Learning Theory. Health and Social Sciences. 32, 19-38.
- S. K. Yoo. (2000). Preliminary Study on Development of Juvenile Delinquency Prevention and Intervention Strategy: Analysis of Risk Factors and Protection Factors by Flight Level and Type. Korean Youth Counselors", Youth Counseling Research, 7(8), 23-48.
- M. I. Kim & K. Mi. Lim. (2013). The moderating effects of social participation in the relationship between ego - resilience and school adjustment in middle school students". Journal of Future Youth, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 65-91.
- Mi. Y. Kim, Y. J. Cho & P. B. Kim. (2012). Family, teacher and friend relationships and adolescent problem behavior. School Social Welfare, 22, 49-77.
- Mi. H, Kim. (2012). A Study on Food Habits, Subjective Body Cognition and Weight Control Behaviors of Korean Adolescents by Sex: Focusing on the 6th Online Health Behavior Survey. Journal of the East Asian Dietetic Association, 22(6), 720-733.
- S. C. Han. (2010). Analysis of the buffering effect of the protective factors for reducing the problem behavior intervention after the youth leave. Journal of Future Studies, 7(1), 125-149.
- Y. H. Kim. (2000). Health Behavior and Psychological Variables in Adolescents". Journal of the Korean Physical Education Society, 14, 45-153.
- H. W. Kim & I. H. Jung. (2010). The relationship between the degree of maladaptation behavior and self - health. Research in Counseling, 11(1), 225-244.
- H. J. Kim & Mi. R. Kim. (2011). A comparative study on body shape perception and diet behavior according to gender of high school students in Gyeongbuk area. Journal of the East Asian Food Society, 21(4), 587-599.
- K. H. Park, & Y. S. Park. (2000). The Effect of Middle School Students' Home Environment on Health Promotion Behavior. Korean Journal of School Health Education, 1(2), 73-86.
- N. Y. Park. (2014). Moderating effects of protective factors on problem behavior and adaptive flexibility of adolescents. Daegu Haany University Graduate School, doctoral dissertation.
- Irwin, Jr. ,& Charles, E., (1993). Adolescent and risk taking: How are they related? In N. J. Bell & R. W. Bell(Eds.), Adolescent risk taking. pp.7-28. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- M. S, Jeong. (2000). Standardization of the two-question case finding instrument as a screening instrument for the adolescent's depression. Korean Acad Fam. Med, 100-106.
- N. H. Park, & H. J. Lee (2002). Trends in Domestic Research on Youth Health Behavior. Journal of Community Nursing, 13(1), 98-114.
- Korea Youth Development Institute. (2008). 2 panel of the Korean Youth Panel Survey (KYPS) 1-5th year user.
- S. He. Park, J. H. Kang, J. S. Jeon, & H. J Oh. (2010). A Longitudinal Comparison of Mental Health among Smoking and Nonsmoking Adolescents. Youth Welfare Studies, 12(2), 75-94.
- Y. S. Park, & H. C. Kim. (2003). A Study on the Formation and Change of Youth Deviant Behavior". Korean Psychological Association: Social Problems, 9(1), 81-114.
- J. Y. Park. (2010). The Effect ofMother 's Dietary Life on Children' s Health Related Factors. Gwangju National University of Education, Master's thesis.
- C. W. Lee. (2000). A Study on the Health Risk Behavior of a High School Student in a Small City, Journal of Medical Science, 19(1), 113-1158.
- H. S. Park. (1998). Academic Resilience of Poor Adolescents. Seoul National University Graduate School, Doctoral Thesis.
- H. S. Park, & S. K. Lee. (2008). The Moderating Effect of Protective Factors on the Influence of Adolescent Flight Friends: Focusing on Self-esteem, Parental Attachment and Supervision. Korea Social. Welfare Research Association, Welfare Research, 37, 399-427.
- M. S, Son, M. S. Kim, K. Yoon, & M. G, Choi. (2013). Psychological Health Influencing Factors of Adolescents, Mediating Effect of Drinking. Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 13(2), 259-369.
- A. R. Son, Y. S. Lee, M. Y. Yang. (2011). The Effects of Drinking on Depression in High School Students: Moderating Effect of Self-Esteem. Journal of Korean Alcohol Science, 12(1), 113-122.
- I. S. Sin. (2010). Risk factors and protective factors of child health in poverty families, Social Welfare Review, pp. 5-33.
- M. J Yang, & H. W. Lee. (2006). The Effects of Psychological and Environmental Factors on Mental Health in Adolescents. Youth Counseling Research, 14(1), 63-76.
- H. J. Yang. (2007). Adolescents' Adolescent Behavior and Psychosocial Characteristics of Children with Problem Drinking Parents. Journal of Korean Home Management, 25(2), 1-12.
- K. S. Oh. (2007). The relationship between health perception, health behavior and health status of adolescents. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 11, 31-37.
- H. W. Yoon. (2011). A Study on the Relationship between Health Risk Behaviors and Suicidal Ideation in Adolescents in Korea, Graduate School of Public Health, Korea University.
- Arnett, J. (1999). Risk behavior and family role transitions during the twenties". Journal of Youth and Adolescence, 27(3), 301-320. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1022851003328
- C. H. Lee, M. J. Yang, H. W. Lee, & E. K. Lee. (2005). A Study on Youth Mental Health Related Factors. Korea Youth Counselor.
- S. C. Han. (2008). Exploring the risk factors and protective factors of youth runaway. Korean Journal of Psychology, 14(1), 273-298.
- M. S. Hong, H. Ok. Park, & C. Y. Son. (2011). Analysis of Dietary Behavior and Nutrient Intakes According to Body Mass Index and Body Image Recognition in College Women in Incheon. Korean Journal of Food Science and Nutrition, 24(3), 386-395. https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2011.24.3.386
- H. W. Hwang.. (2011). A Study on the Protection System Factors Affecting the Quality of Life of Adolescents. Youth Studies, 18(3), 1-26.
- Arnett, J., (1966). Sensation-seeking, aggressiveness, and adolescent reckless behavio. Personality and Individual Differences, 20, 693-702.