- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Re-attraction of Tourists after the PyeongChang Winter Olympics -Focus on domestic and international famous festivals-
평창동계올림픽 사후 관광객 재유치 방안에 관한 연구 -국내외 유명 축제를 중심으로-
- Lee, Chang-Beom (Dept. of Digital Media Design, HongIk University, International Design School for Advanced Studies) ;
- Kim, Seung-In (Digital Media Design, HongIk University, International Design School for Advanced Studies)
- Received : 2017.12.19
- Accepted : 2018.02.20
- Published : 2018.02.28
This study focuses on regathering the regional festival tourists through the reuse of Pyeongchang Winter Olympics facilities. It has a purpose of proposing directions to develop regional festival through the case analysis of successful domestic and international festivals. As a method of primary study, case analysis of domestic and international festivals and literature study were done. It was developed by data from the Statistics Office and Culture Tourism. This study suggests the Trout Festival and Snow Festival, to develop the following strategy using the facilities and make new, fused contents for the festivals. It expects the increase in facilities utilization and boom in regional economy to appear with the initiation of the unique strategy. This study to be used as a reference in the future for regathering the tourists and future studies on this specific topic.
Re-attraction of Tourists;PyeongcChang WinterOlympic;Festival;Regional festival;Development of regional culture
- W. G. Lee. (2013). The Study on Reactive Measures to Utilize Olympic Game Support Facilities : The Case of 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympic Complex. Masteral dissertation. Seoul National University of Science and Technology. Seoul.
- Hyundai research institute. (2011). Economic effect of Pyeongchang Winter Olympic Games held. Seoul : Hyundai research institute.
- J. M. Choi. (2012). Study on strategic planning of mega sport event venues for local community benefits : focused on Gangneung venues of 2018. Masteral dissertation. Seoul National University environmental graduate school. Seoul.
- Y. S. Kang. (2011). Strategies for Activating Local Cultural Festivals through Comparative Analysis of Outstanding Festivals, Masteral dissertation. Gangwon University Graduate School. Gangwon.
- Kangwon Research Institute. (2012). Upgrade of winter festival of Gangwon-do. Gangwon : Kangwon Research Institute.
- http://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=1530966&cid=41799&categoryId=41800. Naver encyclopedia of knowledge
- Y. J. Yu. (2017). Study on the festivals related to cold water fish in Korea -Inje Icefish Festival, Pyeongchang Trout Festival, Hwacheon Sancheoneo Ice Festival. Journal of Photography Geography Society of Korea. 27(2), 95-105.
- Y. P. Kim. (2011). Impact Level of Satisfaction Factor of Festival Visitors toward Revisiting and Recommendation Intention - Focused on Pyeongchang.Daegwallyeong Snow Festival-. Journal of The Korean Data Analysis Society, 13(1), 533-542.
- L. Bing. (2015). A Comparative Study on Regional Festival Culture between Korea and China -Focused in Hwacheon Sancheoneo Festival and Harbin Ice Festival-, Masteral dissertation. Sunmoon University Graduate School. Chungcheong.
- H. Y. Seo. (2010). A Study the Revitalization of the Jinhae Gun-Hang-Je. Masteral dissertation. Changwon University. Changwon.
- B. S. Cho & C. M. Heo. (2017). Effects of Service Quality and Perceived Value of Regional Festivals on Intention of Word-of-Mouth in the trend of Convergence. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(2), 99-113. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.2.99
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. (2014). 2014 Performance of cultural tourism festival and Study on improving selection and evaluation system. Sejong. : MCST.
- B. R. Kim. (2012). Theses : Society, Culture and Consilience Session ; A Research on the Impacts of Festival over Culture Tourism -Centering on the Edinburgh Festival and Leeds West Indian Carnival-. The Review of Eurasian Studies, 9(2), 219-239.
- K. S. Kim & K. W. Suh. (2010). A Comparison of the Influences of Festival Success Factors According to the Types of Community-based Festivals, Journal of Korean Design Forum, 29(29), 147-158.
- K. S. No, M. C. Kim & I. H. Kim. (2004). Effect Analysis Focused on Region Economic in Culture Content Industry -Case Analysis of Culture Industry in Jeju Region-. Journal of Digital Convergence, 2(1), 9-23.
- W. K. Yu & H. Y. Choi. (2014). A Study on the Structural Causes of Underdevelopment of Regional Economy. Journal of Digital Convergence, 12(10), 45-59. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.10.45
- W. K. Lee. (2014). A Study on the Brand Identity System Establishment of Small and Medium-sized Cities through Case Studies of Local Festivals and Brands. Doctoral dissertation. Kyonggi University. Kyonggi.
- K. S. Jang. (2012). Study of Vitalization Measures for Regional Economy by the Analysis of the type of the Festival. Masteral dissertation. Dankook University College of Business Administration.
- E. K. Sin. (2010). A Study on Strategies for the Facilitation of Regional Festival Management : Focusing on some examples of successful foreign festivals. Music application research, 3(29), 107-125.