- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Group Art Therapy Program on Self-esteem and School Life Adaptation of High School Girls
집단미술치료 프로그램이 여고생의 자아존중감과 학교생활적응에 미치는 영향
- Shin, Eun-Mi (Dept. of Counseling Psychology of Child and Adolescent, Hanseo University) ;
- Kim, Yun-Jeong (Dept. of Health and Welfare, Hanseo University)
- Received : 2017.12.15
- Accepted : 2018.02.20
- Published : 2018.02.28
The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of group art therapy program on self-esteem and school life adaptation of high school girls. For this purpose, a group art therapy program was performed for 6 students of S girls' high school in S city in Chungcheongnamdo and the effects were analyzed by integrated method. The main results are as follows. First, group art therapy programs were found to positively affect the self-esteem of high school girls. Second, it showed a positive effect on school life adaptation of high school girls. However, there were some cases in which there was a significant change in self-esteem only by quantitative analysis and a change in school life adaptation only by qualitative analysis. Finally, based on this study, the policy measures to improve lowered self-esteem and low adaptation to school life of high school girls were discussed.
- K. S. Yoon. (2000). A study of group counseling program for school-maladjusted adolescents on solution-focused brief therapy. Master's Dissertation. Catholic University of Korea, Seoul.
- M. S. Lee & G. M. Lee. (2009). A Study on Academic Achievement, Self-concept, School-related Adjustment, and School Maladjustment Behavior of Vocational High School Students. The journal of Educational Studies, 40(1), 167-193.
- Y. H. Kim & G. J. Seong. (2014). The Influence of the Stresses and Ego Resilience on the School Adaption of Middle School Students'. JOURNAL OF EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH, 22, 103-126.
- S. J. Seo. (2010). Analysis of the casual relationships of the factors related to school adjustment of adolescents. Doctoral Dissertation. Chungbuk University, Chungju.
- E. S. Cha. (2002). A study of publi kindergarten teachers' perception of the management of extended classes. Master's Dissertation. Incheon University, Incheon.
- S. K. Kim. (2000). The effects of self development programs for the middle school students on their self-respect and personal relationship. Master's Dissertation. Keimyung University, Daegu.
- Y. H. Park. (2008). The effects of group art therapy program on self-esteem and school adjustment of the elementary school children. Master's Dissertation. Hanyang University, Seoul.
- Y. A. Kim & G. S. Kim. (2015). The Effects of Group Art Therapy on Depression and self-efficacy of Adolescents. The Journal of Humanities, 37, 81-115.
- D. Y. Kim & S. H. Lee. (1997). The group art therapy in raising self-esteem for poor and broken family' children. Korean Journal of Art Therapy, 4(1), 1-24.
- S. A. Jin. (2010). Effects of group art therapy on the self-expression and inter-personal skills of adolescents attending a local child center. Master's Dissertation. Yeungnam University, Daegu.
- J. Y. Park. (2014). The effects of group art therapy based on psychocybernetic model on the sociality and self-esteem for psychiatric patients in day hospital. Master's Dissertation. Seoul Women's University, Seoul.
- J. K. Jung. (2007). The effect of group art therapy on way of stress coping and school adjustment of girls in high school. Master's Dissertation. Seoul Women's University, Seoul.
- K. H. Pack. (2005). The effect of group art therapy for adolescents maladjusted to school. Master's Dissertation. Myongji University, Seoul.
- H. J. Kwon. (2017). A Qualitative case study of the group art therapy for self-understanding of 40s married women. Master's Dissertation. Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- D. G. Song. (2014). Study on the effect of group art therapy to improve senior citizens' depression who live alone -through draw-a-story inspection-. Master's Dissertation. Kyonggi University, Suwon.
- E. M. Son. (2014). Effects of collage group art therapy on depression and self-esteem of the elderly with dementia. Master's Dissertation. Kyonggi University, Suwon.
- U. H. Shim. (2013). The effect of group art therapy on internet addiction of youths. Master's Dissertation. Myongji University, Seoul.
- J. H. Jeon. (2012). The effect on the group art therapy for the self-growth and interpersonal relationship of the adolescents in institutional care. Master's Dissertation. Changwon National University, Changwon.
- C. Teddlie & A. Tashakkori. (2009). Foundations of mixed methods research thousand oaks, CA : SAGE.
- R. B. Johnson & A. J. Onwuenbuzie. (2004). Mixed methods research: a research paradigm whose time has come. Educational Researcher, (7)33, 14-26. https://doi.org/10.3102/0013189X033007014
- H. H. Kim & K. Y. Kim. (1996). Development of self-esteem inventory for children in Korea. Family and Environment research, 34(5), 1-12.
- H. H. Kim. (1998). Development of self-esteem in adolescence: It's relation to environmental variables and adjustment. Doctoral Dissertation. Pusan National University, Pusan.
- J. H. Kim. (1981). Effects of school physical environment variables on children's positive behavioral characterstics. Master's Dissertation. Korea University, Seoul.
- S. P. Lee. (1990). Analysis of differences in academic performance and behavioral characteristics according to school adaptation level. Master's Dissertation. Hongik University, Seoul.
- Y. S. Lee. (1997). The relationship among elementary school children's learned helplessness, success-failure attribution, and school life adjustment. Master's Dissertation. Korea National University of Education, Chungju.
- J. H. Kim & D. W. Chung. (2011). Effects of group art therapy program on self-esteem and peer relationship of children in low-income and single-parent family. Journal of the Korean Living Science Association, 20(5), 967-981.
- Y. S. Jung & S. H. Kim. (2015). The effects of group art therapy on ego-identity and self-esteem of out-of-school youth. Korean Journal of Youth Studies, 22(6), 105-130.
- E. J. Kim & G. S. Kim. (2015). The effects of group art therapy on the self-esteem and school adjustment of adolescents with poor school adjustment. Journal of Arts Psychotherapy, 11(2), 179-204.
- K. Y. Oh & S. Lee. (2009). The Effect of Group Art Therapy on Self-Esteem and Sociality of the International Marriage Immigrant's(Onnuurian) Children. Korean Journal of Art Therapy, 16(3), 359-376.
- I. R. Jung, M. Gong, & E. Y. Choi. (2016). The Influence of Cooperative Activity-Centered Group Art Therapy on Social Skills for Children with Developmental Disabilities. Journal of Emotional & Behavioral Disorders, 32(2), 191-207.
- E. C. Lee. (2013). Effect of learners' self-determination types and levels on interaction in online collaborative learning environments. The Journal of Yeolin Education, 21(2), 91-110.