- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Various Factors of Liberation of Baekjeong identity by the Present of Multicultural Phenomenon in Korea
우리나라 다문화 현상의 효시로 본 백정신분 해방운동의 복합적 요인에 대한 연구
- Sul, Gee-Hwan (Ik Investment Ltd.) ;
- Park, Kyung-Ran (Dept. of Educational sociology, Dankook University) ;
- Park, Myung-Hea (Dept. of Society & Welfare, Chungwoon University) ;
- Ryu, Seuk-Ho (Dept. of Game Design, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2017.12.12
- Accepted : 2018.02.20
- Published : 2018.02.28
There is a general consensus that Baekjeing means Butcher after the Joseon Dynasty. In the Goryeo Dynasty, the title of "Baekjeong" was named as a general farmer's name, "Hwacheok" and "Jaecheok" from the north, but it changed its name to Shin Baekjeong by nationalization policy in the early Joseon Dynasty. They were multicultural Ancestors who worked for jobs which people despised. The purpose of this study is to examine the background and trends of how these were stripped of their identity and to present a direction for deciding on the policy of multiculturalism which is the subject of our society today. Based on the researches of historical researchers, the study examines the multicultural dynamics of old period and observes the present phenomenon by interpreting the statistics of the related institutions of the government. We realized that the reason for the liberation of the Baekjeong has a various causes and its causes are similar to the phenomenon of today 's multicultural society, so that the depth research on each factor will be added to form a desirable policy base for multiculturalism in our country.
Baekjeong(butcher);Multi-culture;Multicultural Policy;Hyungpyungsa;Nationalization policy in Chosun
Supported by : Chungwoon University
- Women's Policy Institute. (2015). An analysis of the Survey on the Status ofMulticultural Families in Korea. Ministry of Gender Equality, 9.
- Immigration Policy Center. (2017.11.14). 2017 Status of registered foreigners http://www.immigration.go.kr/HP/COM/bbs_003/ListShowData.do?strNbodCd=noti0097&strWrtNo=236&strAnsNo=A&strOrgGbnCd=104000&strRtnURL=IMM_6070&st rAllOrgYn=N&strThisPage=1&strFilePath=imm/
- H. K. Lee. (2013). Baekjeong(buthers), the truth of history. Seoul : Chaekbat, Preface, 22-43.
- Statistical Office. (2017.11.15). 2015 Household census. http://kosis.kr/statisticsList/statisticsListIndex.do?menuId=M_01_01&vwcd=MT_ZTITLE&parmTabId=M_01_01# SelectStatsBoxDiv
- O. N. Kim. (2006). The reasons why the people of Koryo was called Bakjeong, Applied Opening Tomorrow History. Westsea Munjip. 26, 138-145.
- S. Y. Ryu. (2000). Review of the Bakjeong in Korea dynasty. Ph.D. dissertation. Dong-A University, Pusan
- D. R. Kim. (1987). The achivement of the policy of Baekjeong of Chosun Dynasty. The Study of Industry & Econoics, 21, 73-85.
- M. K. Kang. (1964). The Study of Baekjeong of Chosun Dynasty, Applied The Study of history. Korean Society of sociology, 18.
- J. S. Park. (2013). Baekjeong and Kisaeng. Seoul : Seoul National University Publishing house, p.83-91.
- J. H. Shin. (2010). The change of modern identity system and the reorganization of daily life. Oriental Theory 47, 210-216, Dankuk University Oriental Studies
- J. S. Park. (2003). Social dissatisfaction and politicization of Chosun Butcher. Social & Science Study, 16, 194-210, Seowon University Social Science Institute.
- N. P. Choi. (1987). On social status and the status of Baekjeong in Goryeo period, Jeonju : Jeonbuk University Industry and Economic Research Institute
- N. S. Choi. (1944). Through Old History. Seoul : Samjungdang, p.194-196.
- Y. H. Shin. (1976). Research of Independent Association. Seoul : Iljogak, p.387.
- Y. C. Lee. (2012). The change and decline of Hyungpyungsa, Applied The Study of Korean Society for Modern History. Korean Modern History Study, 62, 179-191.
- Ministry of Justice. (2017.11.30) 2014 Status of registered foreign nationals by region. http://www.immigration.go.kr/doc_html/attach/imm/f2017//20171030297564_1_21.xls.files/WorkBook.html
- J. E. Han & K. Nah. (2017). A Study on the Enhancement of Social Adaptation of North Korea Detactors" Jounal of Digital Convergence, 15(2), 27-28.