- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Brand extension strategies for Efficient utilization on office space -A Study on Brand extension of Starbucks-
효율적 사무공간 활용을 위한 브랜드확장 전략 -스타벅스를 중심으로-
- Park, Jung Hoon (Dept. of Digital Media Design, HongIk University, International Design School for Advanced Studies) ;
- Kim, Seung-in (Digital Media Design, HongIk University, International Design School for Advanced Studies)
- Received : 2017.12.05
- Accepted : 2018.02.20
- Published : 2018.02.28
Brand Extension is a leading marketing strategy that makes use of brand assets, and it aims to see the success of a new product of a brand by utilizing the level of consumers' brand awareness, loyalty, resemblance, and image. However, the review of previous studies revealed that there were cases of fashion brands extending into coffee brands, but not vice versa. The study aims to suggest a new proposal to extend the coffee brand, the most preferred brand by consumers, to an effective office space service. It proposes making a napping and working area for the working Starbucks lovers who often go business trips and like to work in a private space. The researcher expects that the study will inform about the efficient manner to use office spaces including shared service and area.
Strategy of Brand extension;Shared office;Starbucks;Coffee Brand;Coffeestel
- E. H. KIM. (2011), A Study on art residency program of arts spaces through unused and misused space, Doctoral dissertation, Kyunghee University, Seoul.
- S. H. KANG. (2011), A Study on the Determining of the Food Package Design by Brand Extention, (pp.310), Seoul : Brand Design study.
- H. L. LEE. (2016). The Starbucks. VISUALDIVE (Online).http://www.visualdive.com
- M. K. PARK, (2014. May). A Study on Body Illustration Using the Background Story of the Starbucks Logo. Korean Society of Basic Design & Art, 15(4), 130-132.
- S. H. SONG.. (2014). The Logo of Starbucks, ONGRAPHICS(Online). https://blog.naver.com/o
- S. H. PARK. (2016). The Impact of Learning Costs about Line Extension Switching on Purchase Intention of Extension Product:The Moderation Role of Brand attachment and The mediating Role of Perceived Rist. Dankook University, Seoul
- H. G. KIM. (2013). Starbucks Service, SOHO(Online). https://blog.naver.com/online0928
- S. B. LEE. (2011. June). The Effect of Corporate Image on the Service Quality, Fitness of Extension Brand and Attitude : Focus on Food Service Corporate. Hotel management study, 20(1), 72-76.
- S. Y. PAEK. (2012. May). A Study of Brand Image for Starbucks : A Qualitative Approach among Taiwanese and Korean Consumers. Korean Corporation Management Association, 42(4), 13-16.
- J. W. CHOI, (2014). Study of Brand Personality Sources of Starbucks - Focused on Cultural Differences between South Korea and China. Journal of Hotel Managment, 2014(12), 5-7.
- W. S. KIM. (2002). A Case Study = Marketing Strategy for Service Quality Improvement of Specialty Starbucks Coffeeshop/A Case Study. Journal of Foodservice Management, 15(1), 3-22.
- M. K. KIM & B. T. BYOUNG. (2008. JUNE). A Social influence Model based on Starbucks Networks. Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers, 35(2), 101-103.
- G. G. KIM. (2011. Aug). A Study on the Hotel's Brand Extension - Brand Concepts & Thinking Style. 觀光硏究, 26(4), 18-20.
- N. R. KIM. (2012). The effect of brand concept and brand attachment on evaluating brand line extensions and parent brand, Ph.D. Hanyang University, Seoul.
- H. S. LEE. (2000). A study on life style and customer's evaluation of brand extensions, Ph.D, Yeonse University, Seoul.