- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Influence that Coaching leadership of Dental Hygienist (Dental practitioners) affects in the Motivational self-concept, Job Satisfaction, Quality of lift
치과위생사(치과종사자)의 코칭리더십이 동기부여적 자아개념, 직무만족, 삶의 질에 미치는 영향
- Yoon, Sung-Uk (Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Gimcheon University)
- 윤성욱 (김천대학교 치위생학과)
- Received : 2017.12.20
- Accepted : 2018.02.20
- Published : 2018.02.28
This investigated 205 dental personnel in Daegu and Gyeongsangbuk-do to find out the effects of Dental Hygienist(Nurse's Aide)'s coaching leadership on job satisfaction, motivational self-concept and quality of life. the entire average of coaching leadership was 2.67 On 5 point scale, development coaching 2.61, relationship coaching 2.61. "my boss fully provides me with training opportunities for my development' had the lowest 2.50. As for coaching leadership according to general characteristics, had the highest average those aged of 20-25years old, work experience of 1-5years, single, salary less than 20 million, female immediate superior, immediate superior aged 20-30years old, position of immediate superior is team head, senior dental hygienists(p<.05). The three criteria had positive correlation with coaching leadership(p<.05). Therefore, Right coaching leadership increases job satisfaction, improves motivational self-concept for increasing individual development, raises quality of life.
Supported by : Gim Cheon University
- B. H. Lee & J. S. Kim. (2012). The Relationship between Coaching Behaviors of Dental Managers, Job Satisfaction and Job Performance of Dental Hygienists. The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, 6(4), 121-130. DOI : 10.1281/Kshsm.2012.6.121 https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2012.6.4.121
- G. M. Park, S. S. Ahn & H. Y. Lee. (2011). A Study of The Effects of The Leadership Characteristics of Director on Job satisfaction and Job result of Employee in Dental Hospitals and Offices -A Focus on The Female Employee working in Dental Hospitals and Offices. Health Service Management Review, 5(1), 43-53.
- K. H. Lee & Y. J. Lee. (2016). Effects of Coaching Leadership and Moderating Effects of Trust in Leader and Followership on Job Satisfaction among Dental Hygienists. The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, 10(1), 79-91. DOI : 10.12811/Kshsm.2016.10.1.079 https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2016.10.1.079
- Stowell, Stephen. (1986). Leadership and Coaching. Ph. D. Dissertaion. University of Utah.
- E. J. Lee & H. S. Park. (2015). Influence of Coaching Leadership on Turnover Intentions of Elderly Care Facilities Worker : Focusing on Mediating Effect of Organizational Commitmen. The Korean Association for Local Government & Administration Studies, 29(1), 181-199. https://doi.org/10.18398/kjlgas.2015.29.1.181
- H, Markus, S. (1995). Kitayama, Culture and Self, Psychological Review
- M. R. Jones, (1995). Nebraska Symosium on Motvation. Lincon: University of Nebraska Press.
- S. Boas, J. H Robert & B. A. Michael. (1993). The motivational effects of charismatic leadership. Organizational Science, 4(4), 557-594. DOI : 10.1287/orsc.4.4.577. https://doi.org/10.1287/orsc.4.4.577
- S. K. Min, K. I. Kim, S. Y. Suh & D. J. Kim. (2000). Development of the Korean Version of The World Health Organization Quality of Life Scale(WHOQOL), J Korean Neuropsychiatr Assoc, 39(1), 78-88.
- W. S. Bak. (2002), The Relationship between Leadership, Empowerment, and Nursing Performance. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 8(2), 335-346.
- S. J. Kwon & Y. J. Choi. (2011). Effects of the Organization's Empowerment on Organizational Commitment and Service Quality of Employees -Focusing on Dental Hospital's Employees. The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, 5(3), 101-110. DOI : 10.128/Kshsm.2011.5.3.101 https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2011.5.3.101
- Y. S. Gu. (2004). Influence hat charisma leaership affects in the motivative of self and job accomplishment. Kyung Hee University doctoral thesis,
- Y. S. Han & Y. H. Park.. (2015). The Study on the Effect of the CEOs "Coaching Leadership on the Staffs. Organizational Commitment in SMEs. International Journal of Coaching Science, 17(4), 193-204.
- Y. J. Kim. (2013). The Relationship of Coaching Leadership, Intention to Leave and Organizational Trust among Eye Clinic Employee. Inje University, master's thesis.
- Tsui, S. Anne, Egan, D. Terri, O'Reilly III, A Charles. (1992) Being Different:Relational Demography and Organizational Attachment. Administrative Science Quraterly, 37(4), 549-579. DOI : 10.10.2307/2393472 https://doi.org/10.2307/2393472
- J. Y. Kim. (1994). An Effect of Aquatic Exercise Program with Self-help Group Activities and Stratesiesfor Promoting Self-efficacy on Pain, Physiological Parameters and Quality of Life in Patients having Rheumatoid Arthritis. The Journal of Rheumatology Health, 1(1), 1-30.
- I. S. Kim, S. A. Won, S. J. Kang & M. S. Shin. (2016) The Relationship among Nurses' Perception of Super-leadership, Self-leadership and Organizational Commitment. J Korean Acad Adm, 22(2), 148-157. DOI : 10.11111/jkana.2016.22.2.148. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2016.22.2.148
- Y. M. Kim. (2014). The Effect of Coaching Behavioron Job Performance and Turnover Intention and Moderating Effects of Empowerment among Hospital employee. Inje University, master's thesis.
- D. M. Yoo & W. S. Kang, (2013). Changes in Self-Leadership and Self-Efficacy After Leadership Training of First-Year Premedical Students. Korean Medical Education Review, 18(2), 83-89. DOI : 10.17496/kmer. 2016.18.2.83. https://doi.org/10.17496/kmer.2016.18.2.83
- J. S. Kim, D. W. Lee, H. S. Yoo & T. S. Yoon, (2011). Impact of Leader's Coaching on Employees' Job Satisfaction and Job Involvement: Focusing on Mediating Effect of Self-efficacy. Journal of the Korea contents association, 11(10), 374-386. DOI : 10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.7.374. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.7.374
- J. W. Lee, K. S. Ha. (2013). Coaching leadership's influences on employees' job satisfaction in Telemarketing field. Journal of Digital Policy and Management, 11(7), 97-110.