- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effects of Empowerment and Regarding Standard Precautions for Healthcare associated Infection Control in Healthcare Workers on Performances
의료종사자의 임파워먼트와 의료관련감염 관리 표준주의지침 인지도가 수행도에 미치는 요인
- Jung, Mi-Ra (Department of Nursing, Hanyeong College University)
- 정미라 (한영대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2017.12.28
- Accepted : 2018.02.20
- Published : 2018.02.28
The purpose of this study was to examine relationships among empowerment, awareness and performance on standard precautions and identify the factors that affect performance of standard precaution in the health care workers. The data were collected from 200 health care workers working in the general hospital located Y city. The data were analyzed by descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, Scheffe, Pearson's correlation coefficient, and stepwise multiple regression. The result of the stepwise multiple regression indicates the awareness predict 49.0% (F=191.98, P<.001) in the performance of standard precaution. Therefore, it is necessary to develop awareness of the standard precaution strategy program for improving the performance of standard precautions in health care workers.
Standard Precautions;Empowerment;Awareness;Performance;Health Care Workers
- Korean Society for Nosocomial Infection control. (2011). Infection control and prevention in healthcare facilities. Seoul: Hanmi book.
- S. Y. Jeong, O. S. Kim & J. Y. Lee. (2014). The status of healthcare-associated infection control among healthcare facilities in korea. Journal of Digital Convergence, 12(5), 353-366. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.5.353
- Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2017). Guidelines for prevention and control of healthcare associated infections. Chungbuk: Hanmi book.
- E. J. Kim. (2011). Current status of healthcare-associated infections in korea. Hanyang Medical Reviews, 31(3), 135-140. https://doi.org/10.7599/hmr.2011.31.3.135
- D. S. Yokoe, L. A. Mermel, D. J. Anderson, K. M. Arias, H & Burstin, D. P. Calfee et al. (2008). A compendium of strategies to prevent healthcare-associated infection in acute care hospitals. Infection Control of Hospital Epidemiology, 29(1), 512-521.
- The Steering Committee of the Korean Nosocomial Infection Surveillance System. (2017). Korean Nosocomial Infection Surveillance System Report: Data summary form July 2016 through June. Seoul: The Steering Committee of the Korean Nosocomial Infection Surveillance System. http://konis.cdc.go.kr/konis/sub/reports_icu.htm
- Korean Association of Infection Control Nurses(KAICN). (2012). Text of infection control. Seoul: Hyunmoon.
- World Health Organization. (2009). WHO guidelines for hand hygiene in health care. Switzerland: Geneva.
- B. L. Kirkman & B. Rosen. (1999). Beyond self-management: Antecedents and consequences of team empowerment. Academy of Management Journal, 42(1), 58-74. https://doi.org/10.2307/256874
- Y. W. Jeong, Y. H. Lee & B. C. Yoo. (2008). The relationship of nurse's awareness, performance for nosocomial infection control and psychological empowerment. Kosin Medical Journal, 23(2), 85-91.
- W. W. Park. (1998). Empowerment: It meaning and application. Korean Academic Society of Business Administration, 26(1), 115-138.
- J. Y. Yun, S. O. Kim & I. S. Kim. (2014). Influencing factors on practice of healthcare-associated infection control among clinical nurses. Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, 23(4), 208-218. https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2014.23.4.208
- S. J. Lee. (2014). Awareness and performance of healthcare-associated infection control and psychological empowerment of intensive care unit nurses. Doctoral dissertation. Konyang National University, Nonsan.
- M. J. Kim, L. B. Moon & S. J. Sohn. (2013). The relationship between the awareness, performance and empowerment about nosocomical infection control in radiological technologists. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 13(12), 328-336. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.12.328
- G. M. Spreitzer. (1996). Psychological empowerment in the workplace: dimension, measurement and validation. Academy of Management Journal, 38(5), 1442-1465.
- B. D. Ku. (1999). An empirical study on the effect of transformational leadership and paternalistic leadership to empowerment and organizational commitment. Doctoral dissertation. Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Seoul.
- S. Y. Jeong. (2008). The standard precautions among isolation precaution. Korean Society for Healthcare-associated Infection Control and Prevention 13th conference. Seoul.
- S. Y. Hong, Y. S. Kwon & H. O. Park. (2012). Nursing students awareness and performance on standard precautions of infection control in the hospital. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 18(2), 293-302. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2012.18.2.293
- J. Y. Kim & B. J. Kim. (2012). Awareness and performance for standard precautions among health care workers in a general hospital. Journal of Korean Critical Care Nursing, 5(2), 49-60.
- M. J. Seo & E. T. Park. (2017). The awareness and performances of medical staffs on the infection control in health care facilities. Journal of the Korean Society of Radiology, 11(2), 131-138. https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2017.11.2.131
- M. J. Lee. (2013). Relationships among perception about patient safety culture and awareness, and performance of standard precautions in hospital nurses. Doctoral dissertation. Gyeongsang National University, Jinju.
- H. J. Park & Y. M. Lee. (2013). Factors influencing performance about respiratory system nosocomical infection control among ICU nurses. Journal of The Korean Data Analysis Society, 15(2), 949-963.