- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The effect of psychological Contract of Nurse on Voice Behavior
간호사의 심리적 계약이 발언행동에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Mi Hyang (Dept. of Nursing, Konyang University) ;
- Woo, Chung Hee (Dept. of Nursing, Konyang University) ;
- Bae, Young Hee (Dept. of Nursing, Konyang Graduate School)
- Received : 2017.12.12
- Accepted : 2018.02.20
- Published : 2018.02.28
The purpose of this study is to provide basic data for human resource management and efficient hospital management of organization by checking the effect of psychological contract of nurses on voice behavior. It is a descriptive research study that survey nurses who consented responded to the research questions. As a result, nurse practitioners showed a low level of perceptions of organizational commitment, psychological contracts, transactional contract and relational contract. There was a positive correlation between transactional contract and constructive voice(p<.05), and there was a negative correlation between relational contract and destructive voice(p<.05). Therefore, it is necessary to establish a system in which internal and external compensation can be made according to changes in roles of nurses in order to carry out new polices and organizational changes. It is also necessary to improve the organizational culture so that nurses can actively participate in policy and organizational change.
Nurse;Psychological contract;Voice behavior;Human Resource management;Organizational change
- S. E. Kim & J. Y. Han. (2017). Clinical nurses' job stress, emotional labor, nursing performance, and burnout in comprehensive nursing care service wards and general wards. Journal of Korean Academy Nursing Administration, 23(3), 336-345. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2017.23.3.336
- K. H. Na. (2001). The impact of the violation degree of psychological contract on job satisfaction and intention to turnover. Journal of International Trade and Industry Studies, 16(1), 87-107.
- T. M. Kong. (2016). The Effect of Korea coast guard officers' psychological contract violation on job attitude. Korean Association of Police Science, 61, 3-26.
- R. Shingh. (1998). Redefingin psychological contracts with the US work force: A critical task for strategic human resource management planners in the 1990s. Human Resource Management, 37(1), 61-69. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-050X(199821)37:1<61::AID-HRM6>3.0.CO;2-T
- Y. H. Cho & S. W. Cho. (2017). The relationship between psychological contract violation, organization-based self-esteem and resistant toward organizational change. Korean Corporation Management Review, 24(2), 85-105. DOI: 10.21052/KOMR.2017.24.2.04
- S. J. Won & J. Hir. (2017). The effect of psychological contract on job satisfaction, organizational commitment and organizational citizenship behavior of taekwondo instructors. The Korean Society of Sports Science, 26(4), 623-637.
- D. O. Chah, S. S. Kim, J. H. Lee, H. J. Bang & J. Y. Moon. (2013). A study on the effects of inclusive leadership on subordinates' in-role performance and voice behavior-vitality as a mediating variable. Korean Journal of Business Administration, 26(8), 2147-2166.
- C. Y. Bae & J. G. Shin. (2016). The effect of the supervisor's transformational leadership on employee's work engagement : focusing on the mediating effects of psychological contract breach and organizational anomie. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association. 16(11), 281-307. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.11.281
- L. Van Dyne, S. Ang & I. C. Botero. (2003). Conceptualizing employee silence and employee voice as multidimensional constructs. Journal of Management Studies. 40, 1359-1392. https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-6486.00384
- Y. D. Choi & D. S. Lee. (2017). Review and conceptual analysis of employee voice behavior. Korean Journal of Management. 25(2), 129-157.
- T. D. Mayners & P. M. Podsakoff. (2014). Speaking more broadly: an examination of the nature, antecedents and consequences of an expanded set of employee voice behaviors. Journal of Applied Psychology, 99(1), 87-112. https://doi.org/10.1037/a0034284
- J. R. Detert & E. R. Burris. (2007), Leadership behavior and employee voice: Is the door really open?. Academy of Management Journal, 50, 869-884, https://doi.org/10.5465/AMJ.2007.26279183
- S. G. Choi & S. G. Ji. (2012). A study on the impact of supervisor's behavior on the psychological safety, silence, and prosocial voice. Journal of Organizational and Management, 36(4), 99-123.
- R. Y. Park. (2014). Authentic leadership, perceived respect, voice and goal commitment. Korean Business Education Review, 29(1), 143-176.
- W. H. Turnley & D. C. Feldman. (2000) Re-examining the effects of psychological contract violations : Unmet expectation and job dissatisfaction as mediators. Journal of Organizational Behavior. 21, 25-42. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-1379(200002)21:1<25::AID-JOB2>3.0.CO;2-Z
- J. H. Yun. (2003). The study of psychological contract and nurses's attitude in hospital. Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research. 6, 119-122.
- E. J. Yang & J. H. Kim. (2016). The moderating effects of voice behaviors on the relationship between upward influence and performance. Korea Academy of Leadership, 7(3), 129-158.
- D. M. Rousseau. (1990). New hir perceptions of their own and their employer's obligations : A study of psychological contracts. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 11(5), 389-400. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.4030110506
- S. Y. Bae & S. H. Kim. (2017). Analysis of convergent influence of self efficacy, job characteristics and occupational stress on job satisfaction among hospital administrative staff. Journal of Digital Convergence. 15(7), 239-246. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.7.239
- J. W. Tak & J. G. Shin. (2017). The effect of voice behavior on goal commitment: focusing on moderating effect of participative leadership moderated by trust in leader. Korean Journal of Business Administration, 30(10), 1755-1786. https://doi.org/10.18032/kaaba.2017.30.10.1755
- E. J. Yang & J. H. Kim. (2016), The Moderating effects of voice behaviors on the relationship between upward influence and performance. Korean Academy of Leadership, 7(3), 129-158.
- J. S. Kim, J. G. Park\ & S. J. Baek. (2013). The impact of leader-member exchange(IMX) on employee's taking charge behavior and voice behavior : focusing on the mediating role of psychological safety. Korean Academy Society of Business Administration. 42(3), 613-643.
- J. H. Chun, J. H. Lee & J. Y. Yoo. (2013). The effect of organizational culture types on organizational commitment and organizational citizenship behavior in small and medium hospitals. The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, 11(7), 289-296.
- D. H. Yun. (2017). The mediating effects of health promotion behavior in the relationship between organizational culture and job satisfaction of hospital managers. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(9), 497-509. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.1.497