- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Analysis of the Influence of Presidential Candidate's SNS Reputation on Election Result: focusing on 19th Presidential Election
대선후보의 SNS 평판이 선거결과에 미치는 영향 분석 - 19대 대선을 중심으로 -
- Lee, Ye Na (Department of Information Security, Seoul Women's University) ;
- Choi, Eun Jung (Department of Information Security, Seoul Women's University) ;
- Kim, Myuhng Joo (Department of Information Security, Seoul Women's University)
- Received : 2018.01.02
- Accepted : 2018.02.20
- Published : 2018.02.28
Smartphones and PCs have become essential components of our daily life. People are expressing their opinions freely in SNS by using these devices. We are able to predict public opinions on specific subject by analyzing the related big data in SNS. In this paper, we have collected opinion data in SNS and analyzed reputation by text mining in order to make a prediction for the will of the people before 19th presidential election in South Korea. The result shows that our method makes more accurate estimate than other election polls.
Supported by : Seoul Women's University
- E. Connors, S. Klar & Y. Krupnikov. (2016. 11. 12.). There may have been shy Trump supporters after all. The Washington Post.
- J. W. Rhee. (2014). Theory and System of Election Prediction Survey: Focusing on the Evaluation of the 17th General Election.. Seoul : KORA
- E. Noelle-Neumann. (2014). Spiral of Silence. A First Look at Communication Theory. McGraw-Hill. 372-382.
- H. J. Lee. (2015). A Study on the Factors of the Expression of Opinion about Politician of SNS User Behavior : Application of Theory of Planned Behavior and Theory of Spiral of Silence. Master's Thesis. Kyung Hee University, Seoul.
- E. J. Choi, S. W. Choi, S. Y. Lee & M. J. Kim. (2017). Analysis of the effect of the mention in SNS on the result of election. Journal of Digital Convergence. 15(2), 191-197. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.2.191
- J. Han. M. Kamber & J. Pei, Jian. (2011). Data Mining: Concepts and Techniques. Burlington: Morgan Kaufmann.
- J. S. Kim. (2013). Big Data Utilization and Analysis Techniques. Doctoral dissertation. Korea University, Seoul.
- K. B. Cohen & L. Hunter. (2008), Getting Started in Text Mining. PLoS Computational Biology. 4(1). doi:10.1371/journal.pcbi.0040020. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pcbi.0040020
- J. S. Kim. (2012). Big data Utilization and related Technique and Technology Analysis. The Korea Contents Association Review, 10(1), 34-40.
- K. G. Kumar & T. Christopher. (2015. March). Opinion Mining: A Survey. International Journal of Computer Applications. 113(2), 15-17. https://doi.org/10.5120/19797-1576
- E. L. Park & S. Cho. (2014, Oct.). KoNLPy: Korean natural language processing in Python. Proceeding of the 26th Annual Conference on Human & Cognitive Language Technology. Chuncheon.