- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Prototype Design and Development of Intelligent Video Interview System for Online Recruitment
원격 온라인 인력 채용을 위한 지능형 동영상 면접시스템 설계 및 시작품 개발
- Cho, Jinhyung (Division of Computer Engineering, Dongyang Mirae University)
- 조진형 (동양미래대학교 컴퓨터공학부)
- Received : 2018.01.02
- Accepted : 2018.02.20
- Published : 2018.02.28
This study reflects the current trend of the blind hiring culture focused on job competency rather than education specification as government initiative. In order to overcome the limitation of the existing document-oriented online recruitment process, we proposed a system architecture design of video interview system. In addition, we have evaluated the effectiveness through the development of prototype and performance experiment based on it. The proposed online video interview system is designed to combine intelligent Web technology to enable customized job matching and distant job coaching. This system is designed to reduce recruitment cost and opportunity cost of job seekers. Based on results derived from this study, commercialization of the proposed video interview system can be expected to be an practical online recruitment solution for the job competency based employment.
Supported by : Dongyang Mirae University
- R. C. Lian & C. H. Lee. (2001). Development of the Web-based Interview Site With Video Conference. Journal of Korea Safety Management & Science, 3(3), 143-149.
- K. P. Kim. (2017). The time comes when AI picks people. http://news.chosun.com
- S. White. (2013). Video Interviewing: No longer for early adopter. https://www.scribd.com
- Wheeler & Kevin. (2009). Why Recruiting Has to Go Video. Electronic Recruiting Exchange. http://www.ere.net
- Admin Blog. (2013). Interviewing Software Comparison Site goes live. http://interviewingsoftware.com
- R. Dipboye. (2012), The selection interview from the interviewer and applicant perspectives: Can't have one without the other. The Oxford handbook of personnel assessment and selection.
- A. I. Huffcutt. (2011). An empirical review of the employment interview construct literature. International Journal of Selection and Assessment, 19(1), 62-81. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-2389.2010.00535.x
- T. DeGroot & S. J. Motowidlo. (1999). Why visual and vocal interview cues can affect interviewers' judgments and predict job performance. Journal of Applied Psychology, 84, 986-993. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.84.6.986
- D. S. Chapman, K. L Uggerslev & J. Webster. (2003). Applicant Reactions to Face-to-Face and Technology-Mediated Interviews: A Field Investigation. Journal of Applied Psychology, 83(5), 944-953.
- C. Luman & M. Latham. (2009). Video Interviewing: Spearheading a Fundamental Shift in Talent Acquisition.. IHRIM Journal, 13(6), 15-25.
- McDanie & A. Michael. (1984). The Validity of Employment Interviews: A Comprehensive Review and Meta-analysis. Journal of Applied Psychology, 79, 599-616.
- Robert Marttson (2012, June). Director of Talent Management marketing. ADP.
- Macy & John. (2009). Software-as-a-Service: The HCM Perspective. IHRIM Journal, 13(2).
- J. Salmons. (2014). Qualitative Online Interviews: Strategies, Design, and Skills. SAGE Publications.
- Madden. (2009). The Audience for Online Video Sharing Sites Shoots Up. Research Report: Pew Internet & American Life Project Survey.