- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Perception of the Right to Vote of Persons with Developmental Disabilities in College Students: Based on the Experience of Disability Related Education
발달장애인 선거권에 대한 대학생의 인식 연구: 장애관련 교육경험 유무를 중심으로
- Lee, Woo-Jin (Department of Speech-Language Pathology, Gwangju Women's University) ;
- Kim, Tae-Gang (Department of Early Childhood Special Education, Nambu University)
- Received : 2017.12.31
- Accepted : 2018.02.20
- Published : 2018.02.28
The purpose of this study is to examine the perception of the right to vote of persons with developmental disabilities in college students. College students attending in A University and B University in Gwangju Metropolitan City were selected using convenience sampling and 370 samples were finally analyzed. The results were as follows. First, the subjects who took a disability course had high perception of the right to vote of persons with developmental disabilities. Second, it was discovered that the more times people participated in the volunteer work related to disabilities, the more recognition they had on the voting rights of people with developmental disabilities. Third, the subjects who responded for the need for the political rights of persons with developmental disabilities had more positive perception of the right to vote of persons with developmental disabilities than those who did not responded. Based on the findings, it was suggested that methods should be investigated to establish positive attitude and perception of the right to vote of persons with developmental disabilities in persons without developmental disabilities including college students.
- Y. H. Lee. (2013). A Study on the Possibility of Introducing Electoral Eligibility for Permanent Alien Residents. Journal of Digital Policy & Management, 11(3), 13-22.
- H. U. Ryu. (2016). Qualitative Case Study on the Vote Participate Experience of Persons with Disabilities. Master dissertation. Wonkwang University. Jellabuk-do.
- G. H. Chang & Cho. H. Y. (2016). A Study on Promoting Youth Participation: Activating Youth Participation in Policy Making Process and Insuring Youth Participation as a Youth Human right. Seoul : National Youth Policy Institute.
- G. Y. Kwon. (2014). 2014 Registration status for the handicapped. Disabled Person Registration Status. https://www.mohw.go.kr.
- S. S. Kim, K. U. Na & K. L. Kim. (2016). Understanding developmental disability. Seoul : hakjisa.
- S. J. Song. (2017). Critical Review on the Act on Guarantee of Rights of and Support for Persons with Developmental Disabilities. Social Security LawReview, 6(1), 181-209.
- C. H. Kim. (2012). Outline and main contents of the law for the support of developmental disabled and the guarantee of right. Koran Association for Rehabilitation Psychology, 2012(7), 99-161.
- B. C. Chang. (2016). A study on policy directions for support systems for the individuals with developmental disabilities. Seoul: Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs.
- G. B. Hwang. (2017.05.07). There is in the United States...'kind' voter guidebook that serve developmental disabled person. News of Hangyeorye, p. 20.
- G. Woodill. (2006). Independent living and participation in research: a critical analysis, Toronto, Ontario. Canada : Center for Independent Living in Toroto.
- C. Oldman. (2003). Deceiving, Theorizing and Self-justification: A critique of Independent Living. Critical Social Policy, 23(1), 44-62. DOI : 10.1177/026101830302300103 https://doi.org/10.1177/026101830302300103
- Korea Differently Abled Federation. (2014). 2014 Report on Site Monitoring Results of the Anti-Discrimination Act for the Disabled', 2015. https://www.humanrights.go.kr/site/program/board/basicboard/view?610299 DEC 29, 2014.
- H. S. Lee. (2011). A study on attitude about disabled colleges student by non-disabled focusing on evaluation of educational welfare support systems. Master dissertation. Korea Nazarene University. Chungcheongnam-do
- J. S. Hyun. (2012.) Perceptions and attiudes of middle school students disabled. Master dissertation. Daejeon University, Daejeon.
- Y. M. Jeong & W. H. Lee. (2017). A survey on university students' recognition for the disabled focusing on universities in chungcheong province. Journal of Convergence for Informantion Technology, 7(5), 1-13. DOI : 10.22156/cs4smb.2017.7.5.001 https://doi.org/10.22156/cs4smb.2017.7.5.001
- T. S. Lee & Y. J. Oh. (2015). The comparative analysis of educational services supporting status for undergraduate students with disabilities in university. The Journal of Inclusive Education, .10(1), 57-77. DOI : 10.26592/ksie.2015.10.1.57 https://doi.org/10.26592/ksie.2015.10.1.57
- T. J. Seong & K. J. Si. (2010). Research methodology. Seoul: hakjisa.
- W. J. Lee & T. G. Kim, (2017). Disabilities Preliminary Workers' Awareness in the Right to Vote of People with Developmental Disabilities. The Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences 21, 8(1), 563-581. DOI : 10.22143/hss22.214.171.124 https://doi.org/10.22143/HSS126.96.36.199
- H. S. Lee & H. L. Im. (2009). SPSS 14.0 manual. Seoul : Bobmunsam.
- B. Y. Kim & N. G. Joe. (2010). A study on physical Education Teachers' Perceptions toward Inclusion a to their Experience of In-service Education Program. The Koran Society for the Study of Physical Education, 15(2), 93-108.
- A. R. Oh, J. H. Lee & J. J. Uhm. (2011). Effects to Teengers' Attitude Regarding the People with Disabled from TV Documentary Programs Related to Adapted Physical Education. The Koran Society for the Study of Physical Education, 46(1), 981-990.
- S. O. Cho & K. S. An. (2013). Educational policy plan balanced with excellence and equaloty based on humanism. Journal of Digital Policy & Management, 11(11), 733-745. DOI : 10.14400/jdpm.2013.11.11.733 https://doi.org/10.14400/jdpm.2013.11.11.733
- D. Harvey & C. Green. (1984). Attitudes of New Zealand Teacher, teachers in training and non-teachers toward mainstreaming. Tournal of Educational Studies, 19, 33-44.
- Y. S. Jang. (2003). Grundrechte. Seoul : donam.
- B. S. Lee & Y. D. Kim, (2012). Factors Influencing the Level of Self Determination of Intellectually Disabled Adulte in the Residential Home. Journal of Disability and Welfare. 18, 65-84.
- M. K. Kim. (2013). An Analysis of creative trend of election Ads and PR Strategy which appears in recent political campaign -Focused on 2010. 6-2 local election, 2011. 10-26 by-election, 2012. 4-11 general election, 2012. 12-19 presidential election. Journal of Digital Policy & Management, 11(8), 65-73.