- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A policy study for the voice recognition technology based on elderly health care
음성인식기술의 노인간병 적용을 위한 정책연구
- Cho, Byung-Chul (Dept. of Visual Production) ;
- Cheon, Sooyoung (Dept. of Economics and Statistics) ;
- Kim, Kab-Nyun (Dept. of German Studies) ;
- Yuk, Hyun-Seung (Dept. of German Studies)
- Received : 2017.10.13
- Accepted : 2018.02.20
- Published : 2018.02.28
The purpose of this study is to find out how voice recognition technology can be utilized to solve the elderly problem rapidly aging in Korea. Public support services and civilian nursing services for the elderly are expected to expand in Korea. In this case, voice recognition technology can be used variously for the elderly who are not familiar with the media interface. To this end, our researchers visited Japan and examined the achievements obtained by voice recognition technology in the elderly care. Especially, when caregivers write reports, they have greatly reduced their working hours by replacing the handwritten reports with ones using voice recognition technology. This method can be easily implemented in Korea. In addition, the social cost of the elderly support can be gradually reduced through the development of a robot equipped with voice recognition technology. Consequently, we realize that when voice recognition technology is combined with artificial intelligence programs of various emotion recognition functions and various policy possibilities as well.
Voice recognition technology;Robot;Policy;Elderly health care;Elderly society
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)
- C. Dugast, L.Devillers & X. Aubert. (1993). Combining TDNN and HMM in a hybrid systems for improved continuous sppech recongition, IEEE Trans. on SAP, 2, 217-223.
- H. Y. Jung. (2014). Dialogue speech interface technology and the development trend of application service, The magazine of the IEEK, 41(3), 59-78.
- H. S Yuk & B. C. Cho. (2015). A study on the humanistic measure about cultural changes of voice recognition technology, Journal of Digital Convergence, 13(8), 21-31. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.8.21
- Power Voice Corp, (2017), Speaker Verification, Application,http://www.kpvoice.com/page/sub2_1_8
- The prosecution, (2015), Voice data, Linked open data,http://www.spo.go.kr/spo/info/information/data/dat a_name.jsp http://www.spo.go.kr/spo/info/information /data/data_name.jsp
- Vielem Flusser, Sung-Gae Kim, Kommunikologie, Communication books, 2001.
- The University of UTAH, (2017), The Average Fo as a function of age for men and women, The National Center for Voice & Speech, http://www.ncvs.org/ncvs/tutorials/voiceprod/tutorial/changes.html
- J. H. Yoo & H. H. Kim. (2015). Acoustic Characteristics of Stop Consonants in Normal Elderly, Speech Science, 7(1), 39-45.
- C. S, Kim. (2017). Understanding and case study of IBM Watson. Broadcasting and media magazine, 22(1), 24-32.
- Paul Ekman, lightstyleofile, (2016), Paul Ekman's facial expressions and emotions, lightstyleofile, http://lightstyleofile.blogspot.kr/2016/02/how-well-canyou-read-people.html
- Bryn Farnsworth, (2016), Facial Action Coding System, imotion, https://imotions.com/blog/facial-action-coding-system/
- K. S. Choi. (2012). The analysis of non structured text big data, the method of data management and case study, 2012database grand conference, Korea database agency.
- J. A. Shin, B. J. An & S. H. Jung. (2015). Dementia prevention programs utilized as a fan dance worth. The Korea Journal of Sports Science, 24(6), 943-957.
- K. S. Park, J. S. Park, K. O. Ban & K. O. Kim. (2013). Convergent Web-based Education Program to Prevent Dementia. Journal Of The Korea Contents Association, 13(11), 322-331. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.11.322
- Mcluhan, Marshall. (1964). Understanding Media, Understanding Media: The Extensions of Man. New York: Mentor.
- Kerstin Dautenhahn, Anne Campbell & Dag Sverre Syrdal. (2015). Does anyone want to talk to me?: Reflections on the use of assistance and companion robots in care homes, Procs 4th Int Symposium on New Frontiers in Human-Robot Interaction, 17-20.
- Fumihide Tanaka, Shizuko Matsuzoe. (2012). Children Teach a Care-Receiving Robot to Promote Their Learning Field Experiments in a Classroom for Vocabulary Learning. Journal of Human-Robot Interaction, 1(1), 78-95.
- Flavia Benetazzo, Francesco Ferracuti, Alessandro Freddi, Andrea Giantomassi, Sabrina Iarlori, Sauro Longhi, Andrea Monteriu, Davide Ortenzi, Ambient, Assisted Living, Part of the Biosystems & Biorobotics book series(BIOSYSROB, volume 11), pp.329-343.
- Frank Schhirrmacher, Das Methusalem-Komplott, Karl Blessing Verlag, Munchen 2004.