- Volume 9 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effects of Patient Controlled Analgesia Convergence Education on Postoperative Pain Management in Spinal Surgery Patients
통증자가조절기 융합교육이 척추수술환자의 수술 후 통증관리에 미치는 효과
- Choi, Ga-Young (Bongseng Memorial Hospital) ;
- Kim, Ju-Sung (Silla University, Department of Nursing)
- Received : 2017.12.13
- Accepted : 2018.02.20
- Published : 2018.02.28
The purpose of this study was to investigate the effects of patient controlled analgesia(PCA) convergence education on postoperative pain management in spinal surgery patients. Sixty spinal surgery patients were included. For the experimental group(n=30), PCA education using video, booklet, and a PCA model practice was provided before surgery. The data were collected using questionnaire and were analyzed using descriptive statistics,
Convergence;Pain;Patient Controlled Analgesia;Spinal surgery;Education
- E. J. Koo, & J. S. Kim. (2011). Effects of structured education program using CD-ROM on anxiety and self-care compliance in patients undergoing orthopedic spinal surgury, Journal of Muscle and Joint Health,, 18(1), 43-53.
- Korea Statistics Information Service. (2016). Rank of Surgical frequency according to diagnosis. Statistics Korea http://kosis.kr/statHtml/statHtml.do?orgId=350&tblId=DT_35004_A10&vw_cd=MT_ZTITLE&list_id=350_35004_6&scrId
- H. Y. Kang, S. Y. Lee, & K. M. Yang. (2010). The Effects of Preoperative PCA Education with Multimedia and Brochure on Pain Management in Surgical Patients, Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamental Nursing, 17(4), 498-507.
- S. J. Hong, & E. J. Lee. (2014). Cost Analysis of Post Operative Pain Management for Surgical Patients using PCA, Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamental Nursing, 20(2), 137-146. DOI : 10.7739/jkafn.2013.20.2.137. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2013.20.2.137
- M. J. Lee, E. S. Kim, H. Kim & S. M. Lee. (2009). Effects of a Video exercise program for spinal surgery patients on pain, daily living function and educational satisfaction, Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, 15(3), 39-48.
- M. J. Lee, E. S. Kim, H. Kim, & S. M. Lee. (2009). Effects of a Video Exercise Program for Spinal Surgery Patients on Pain, Daily Living Function and Educational Satisfaction, Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, 15(3), 39-48.
- D. V. Knoerl, M. Faut-Callahan, J. Paice, & S. Shott. (1999). Preoperative PCA teaching program to manage postoperative pain, Medsurg Nursing, 8(1), 25-33.
- Y. Y. Lee, & K. O. Park. (2002). The effect of postoperative nurse-led acute pain service on the postoperative management, The Korean Nurse, 41(2), 51-60.
- H. J. Yoo. (2010). Effects of nurses' knowledge and attitude in the management of postoperative pain on patients' satisfaction. Master's thesis. Yonsei University, Yongin.
- The Korean Association of Internal Medicine. (2010). Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine(17th ed.-Vol I), Seoul, MIP publishing. 95-138.
- J. S. Park. (2011). Effect of Preoperative Pain Management Education on the Control of Postoperative Pain-Focused on the PCA used Surgical Patients with Uterine Tumor, Journal of Korean Oncology Nursing, 11(2), 108-115. DOI : 10.5388/jkon.2011.11.2.108. https://doi.org/10.5388/jkon.2011.11.2.108
- K. H. Choi, T. H. Lee, S. H. Lee, H. J. Lee, E. O. Kim, J. E. Jang, Y. S. Lee, M. S. Jeong, S. J. Park, E. H. Choi, S. H. Ji, & S. M. Lee. (2007). The effectiveness of audiovisual aids education in preparing patients for colonoscopy, Intestinal Research, 5(1), 52-59.
- K. H. Kim, H. K. Chung, & H. S. Lee. (2002). A Study on Emotional State of Preoperative Patients and Postoperative Pain (patients with abdominal surgery who received IV-PCA), Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamental Nursing, 9(2), 288-299.
- G. T. Cho, H. J Sohn, S. B. Kim, Y. D. Shin, J. H. Bae, S. T. Kim, & S. W. Lim. (2001). The Effect of the IV-PCA (Intravenous-Patient Controlled Analgesia on the Recovery Index), Korean Journal of Anesthesiology, 41(3), 318-323. https://doi.org/10.4097/kjae.2001.41.3.318
- Y. B. Jeong, M. S Lee, B. M. Choi, J. H. Chin, & G. J. Noh. (2007). A Clinical Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of a Patient-controlled Analgesia Pump in Post-surgical Patients, Korean Journal of Anesthesiology, 52(2), 161-165. https://doi.org/10.4097/kjae.2007.52.2.161
- H. S. Lee, & J. H. An. (2008). The Effects of Postoperative Pain Management Education Provided for Nurses and Patients on Postoperative Pain Management, Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, 14(2), 5-17.
- J. H. Lee, & H. S. Jo. (2011). Effects of a Structured Patient Controlled Analgesia (PCA) Education on Knowledge and Attitude Regarding PCA Usage, Pain, and Consumption of Analgesics in Colorectal Surgery Patients, Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, 17(3), 455-466.
- B. G. Lee, & Y. W. Lee. (2014). Effects of Provision of Concrete Information about Patient-controlled Analgesia in Hysterectomy Patients, Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 20(3), 204-214. DOI : 10.4069/kjwhn.2014.20.3.204. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2014.20.3.204
- M. S. Hwang, & J. H. Kim. (2015). Effects of PCA (Patient Controlled Analgesics) Education Program including Practicum on Post-op Pain of Gynecologic Laparoscopic Surgery Patients, Jorunal of Korean Biological Nursing Science, 17(3), 253-261. DOI : 10.7586/jkbns.2015.17.3.253. https://doi.org/10.7586/jkbns.2015.17.3.253
- S. H. Ryu, & H. S. Jo. (2016). Effect of Real Patient Controlled Analgesia (PCA) Education with Practice on Postoperative Pain, Consumption of Analgescis, and Anxiety for Elderly Patients with Total Hip Arthroplasty, Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, 22(2), 152-160. https://doi.org/10.22650/JKCNR.2016.22.2.152
- Y. S. Suh. (2005). Change Patterns on Subjective Distress Level in Gynecological Postoperative Patients with Different Levels of State Anxiety, Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 11(4), 307-315.
- B. N. Lee, & G. E. Lee. (2006). Effects of Pain Control Education on Pain Control Barrier, Postoperative Pain and Pain Control Satisfaction in Gynecological Patients, Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 36(6), 968-974. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2006.36.6.968
- H. Y. Kim, Y. Eun, & M. E. Song. (2011). The effects of muscle strengthening exercise for postoperative lumbar spinal surgery on pain, exercise self-efficacy, activities of daily living, Journal of Muscle and Joint Health, 18(2), 238-248. DOI: 10.5953/JMJH.2011.18.2.234. https://doi.org/10.5953/JMJH.2011.18.2.238
- P. R. Kang, K. M. Jung, S. S. Min & G. H. Seol. (2012). Effects of basil essential oil-inhalation on pain, anxiety and vital sign in patients with chronic low back pain before spine surgery: a bouble-blind, randomized controlled trial, Stress Research, 20(3), 169-178.
- J. S. Park, & H. S. Lee. (2007). Actual Condition, Knowledge and Attitude of Patient Controlled Analgesics(PCA) in Postoperative Patients, Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamental Nursing, 14(1), 18-28.
- Y. S. Suh, & M. S. Hong. (2004). A Study on Distress and State Anxiety Level in Gynecological Postoperative Patients under PCA Management, Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 10(4), 351-359.
- S. Srivastava, D. Gupta, A. Naz, M. M. Rizvi, & P. K. Singh. (2012). Effects of preoperative single dose Etoricoxib on postoperative pain and sleep after lumbar diskectomy: prospective randomized double controlled study, Middle East Journal of Anaesthesiology, 21(5), 725-730.
- C. H. Park. & C. B. Cho, (2006). Treatment of failed back surgery syndrome with a spinal cord stimulator(Case Reports), The Journal of the Korean Pain Society, 19(1), 123-126. https://doi.org/10.3344/kjp.2006.19.1.123
- M. H. Jun, J. Y. Jung, & M. S. Kim. (2012). Factors affecting post-operative uncertainty of the patients undergone lumbar spinal surgery, Journal of Muscle and Joint Health, 19(3), 294-307. DOI: 10.5953/JMJH.2012.19.3.294. https://doi.org/10.5953/JMJH.2012.19.3.294
- J. H. Kim, et al. (2016). Effects of sequential application of superficial cold and heat on pain, patient satisfaction with pain control, comfort level and subjective response after spine surgery, Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamental Nursing, 23(2), 184-193. DOI: 10.7739/jkafn.2016.23.2.184. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2016.23.2.184
- M. H. Lee. (2005). The Effect of a Pain Educational Program for Surgical Patient.. Master's thesis. Dankook University, Seoul.
- J. H. Lee, H. S. Kim, Y. W. Lee, & S. H. Kim. (2014). The Effect of Preoperative Education about Patient Controlled Analgesia on Postoperative Pain Control of Elderly Receiving Total Knee Arthroplasty, Jorunal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, 20(1), 28-39.
- Y. Y. Lee. (2007). Patient-Controlled Analgesia (PCA) for Post-operative Patients- A Study on Differences according to Who Controls the Analgesic, Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamental Nursing, 14(3), 315-322.
- Y. S. Lee, J. S. Son, & H. S. Yoon. (2014). Risk Factors and Level of Acute Post-Operative Pain in Surgical Patients During the First 48 Hours after Surgery, Journal of Korean Biological Nursing Science, 16(3), 226-234. DOI : 10.7586/jkbns.2014.16.3.226. https://doi.org/10.7586/jkbns.2014.16.3.226