- Volume 9 Issue 2
This study tried to illustrate the process of the experiences of university student athletes in campus who are engaged in study and sports. it is aimed to interpret and describe the everyday life of athlete students, and establishing a desirable human talent and to set the right necessary direction for the education of athlete students. For this, it selected 10 research participants as student athletes in J University located in Chungcheongnam-do and collected data through an in-depth interview. As for the data analysis, concepts were derived according to the grounded theory analysis method suggested by  and the research results composing the coding paradigm to clarify the relations between concepts are as following. First, 120 concepts, 17 subcategories, and 10 upper categories were deducted in the open coding. Second, the contextual factors of the campus life motive were "participation in sports" and "participation in study" and the central phenomena were regarded as "the significance of campus life in which study and sports run parallel. The conditions of arbitration were summarized as 'formation of my relations" and "ability improvement" in sports and study, and the operation/interaction strategy were categorized as "importance of study" and "negative thinking." As for the last result, "reflecting campus life", "my own identity", and "planning future" were categorized, and it is judged that the application of the policy to improve the ability of student athletes that comprehend all study and sports.
Supported by : Joongbu University
- D. H. Kim. (2011), "The process of adjustment to the school Lives from a normal student to a student athlete", Korean Association of Sport Pedagogy, 18(1), 71-90.
- D. W. Kim, S. Y. Kim, D. H. Kim. (2014), "A Narrative Inquiry on the University Experiences of Student-Athletes to Study", Korean journal of physical eduaction, 53(3), 329-340.
- H. G. Lee. (2011), "The Experience Process of the Student-athletes who Perform both Study and Sport: Redefining Self", Korean Society for the Sociology of Sport, 24(1), 1-24.
- H. J. Lee. (2005), "A Study on Athlete in Hakbul Society", Philosophy of Movement, 13(1), 23-32.
- K. H. Kim, J. G. Park. (2009), "The Application of Curriculum for Collegiate Athletes' Academic Performance and Its Effects: A Case Study", Korean Society of Sport Psychology, 20(1), 87-107.
- M. S. Ko. (2011), "An Integrated Analysis of the social control and social Learning Theories concerning Student-Athlete's Delinquency" Ph.D. dissertation. Inha University.
- S. W. Kang. (2005), "A Study on the Educational Eu-Function of School Athletic Teams", Korean journal of physical eduaction, 44(5), 147-159.
- S. W. Lim. (2011), "Logical Backgrounds of Fostering the Studying-Student-athletes", Korean journal of physical eduaction, 50(2), 45-57.
- S. Y. Lee, M. S. Ahn. (2004), "A study on policy alternative for class absence of student-athletes", Korean journal of physical eduaction, 43(3), 127-135.
- Strauss, A, & Corbin, J. (2001). Basics of Qualitative. Research: Grounded Theory, Procedures, and Techniques, Sage Publications, Newbury Pack, CA.
- T. H. Yu, J. W. Yi. (2004), "Schooling and the culture of school athletics", Korean journal of physical eduaction, 43(4), 271-282.
- W. S. Kim, H, J. Im. (2013), "Ethnographic Study on Understanding High School Student-athletes' Daily School Life", Journal of coaching development, 15(3), 23-32.
- Y. H. Cho. (1999), "Qualitative Research: Methods and Examples". Seoul: History of Education and Science.
- Y. K. Lee, O. S. Cho. (2013), "The Effectiveness of Minimum Academic Achievement Policy for Student-Athletes", Korean journal of physical eduaction, 52(5), 677-690.
- Y. S. Yim. (2013), "A qualitative study of undergraduate student athlete's daily life of classroom", Ph.D. dissertation. Korea University.
- Y. W. Kang, D. M. Kang, H. Y. Yang. (2011), "Sport Philosophy : Exploration for the Value of Athletic Culture and True Life of the Student Athletes", Philosophy of Movement, 19(3), 55-69.
- Y. W. Kang, D. M. Kang, Y. S. Kim. (2011), "To Shed Light on the Neo-athletic Culture of the School Athletic Clubs", Korean journal of physical eduaction, 50(3), 55-69.