- Volume 9 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Shoulder Stabilizer Muscle Activity on Push-up plus in Convergence in Various Posture
다양한 자세의 푸시업 플러스 융합 운동에 따른 어깨 안정근의 근활성도 비교
- Moon, Byoung-Hyoun (Dept. of Physical Therapy, Nambu University) ;
- Kim, Ji-won (Dept. of Physical Therapy, Nambu University)
- Received : 2017.12.13
- Accepted : 2018.02.20
- Published : 2018.02.28
The purpose of this study is to examine the change to the muscle activity from the serratus anterior(SA) of 5th and 7th, upper trapezius(UT), middle trapezius(MT) lower trapezius (LT), and pectoralis major(PM) when push-up plus exercise(PUP) is performed in four postures. 25 healthy, young participants performed various PUP convergence exercise(general posture,
Serratus anterior;Shoulder stabilizer muscle;Surface;Posture convergence exercise;Push-up plus
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)
- L. A. Curl & R. F. Warren. (1996). Glenohumeral Joint Stability: Selective Cutting Studies on the Static Capsular Restraints. Clinical orthopaedics and related research, 330, 54-65. https://doi.org/10.1097/00003086-199609000-00008
- S. A. Hess. (2000). Functional stability of the glenohumeral joint. Manual therapy, 5(2), 63-71. https://doi.org/10.1054/math.2000.0241
- A. P. James & D. Carl. (2004). Mechanical shoulder disorder: Perspectives in functional anatomy, Elsevier, 91-125.
- D. A. Neumann. (2013). Kinesiology of the Musculoskeletal System: Foundations for Rehabilitation : Elsevier.
- R. M. Martin & D. E. Fish. (2008). Scapular winging: anatomical review, diagnosis, and treatments. Current reviews in musculoskeletal medicine, 1(1), 1-11. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12178-007-9000-5
- S. H. Cho & S. Y. Lee. (2016). A Effect of Squat Convergence Exercise Among Knee Joint Angle on Quadricpes Strength in the Patients With Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome. Journal of the Korea Convergence society, 7(2), 43-52. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.2.043
- T. S. Ellenbecker & G. J. Davies. (2001). Closed Kinetic Exercise. Champaign: Human Kinetics.
- M. J. Decker, R. A. Hintermeister, K. J. Faber, & R. J. Hawkins. (1999). Serratus anterior muscle activity during selected rehabilitation exercises. American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, 27(6), 784-91.
- D. H. Hardwick, J. A. Beebe, M. K. McDonnell, & C. E. Lang. (2006). Comparison of serratus anterior muscle activation during a wall slide exercise and other traditional exercises. Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy. 36(12), 903-910. https://doi.org/10.2519/jospt.2006.2306
- B. Horsak, M. Kiener, A. Pötzelsberger, & T. Siragy. (2017). Serratus anterior and trapezius muscle activity during knee push-up plus and knee-plus exercises performed on a stable, an unstable surface and during sling-suspension. Physical Therapy in Sport. 23, 86-92. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ptsp.2016.08.003
- K. M. Park, H. S. Cynn, C. H. Yi, & O. Y. Kwon.(2013). Effect of isometric horizontal abduction on pectoralis major and serratus anterior EMG activity during three exercises in subjects with scapular winging. Journal of electromyography and kinesiology.23(2), 462-468. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jelekin.2012.11.013
- P. M. Ludewig, M. S. Hoff, E. E. Osowski, S. A. Meschke, & P. J. Rundquist. (2004). Relative balance of serratus anterior and upper trapezius muscle activity during push-up exercises. The American journal of sports medicine, 32(2), 484-493. https://doi.org/10.1177/0363546503258911
- K. M. Park, H. S. Cynn, O. Y. Kwon, C. H. Yi ,T. L. Yoon, & J. H. Lee.(2014). Comparison of Pectoralis Major and Serratus Anterior Muscle Activities During Different Push-Up Plus Exercises in Subjects With and Without Scapular Winging. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research, 28(9), 2546-51. https://doi.org/10.1519/JSC.0000000000000443
- J. R. Cram (2011). Cram's introduction to surface electromyography: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
- G. J. Lehman, D. Gilas, & U. Patel. (2008), An unstable support surface does not increase scapulothoracic stabilizing muscle activity during push up and push up plus exercises. Manual therapy, 13(6), 500-506. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.math.2007.05.016
- S. Maeo, T. Chou, M. Yamamoto, & H. Kanehisa. (2014). Muscular activities during sling- and ground-based push-up exercise. BMC research notes, 7(1), 192 https://doi.org/10.1186/1756-0500-7-192
- S. H. Seo, I. H. Jeon, Y. H. Cho, H. G. Lee, Y. T. Hwang, & J. H. Jang. (2013). Surface EMG during the Push-up plus Exercise on a Stable Support or Swiss Ball: Scapular Stabilizer Muscle Exercise, Journal of physical therapy science, 25(7), 833-837. https://doi.org/10.1589/jpts.25.833