- Volume 9 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Adolescents' Experiences of Abuse Damage on Aggressiveness in the Convergence Era: Focused on the Mediation Effects of Resilience
청소년의 학대피해경험이 공격성에 미치는 영향: 자아탄력성의 매개효과
- Received : 2017.12.13
- Accepted : 2018.02.20
- Published : 2018.02.28
The purpose of this study is to verify resilience's mediation effects in the effects of adolescents' experience of abuse damage on aggressiveness in the convergence era. Towards this end, this study used the 7th year data (2016) (4th grade to the first year of high school) of Korea Children & Youth Panel Survey (KCYPS). The findings of this study are as follows: First, the correlations between experience of abuse damage, aggressiveness, and resilience variables were confirmed using multicollinearity VIF values. Second, adolescent's abuse experiences significantly affected their aggressiveness. Third, the partial mediation effects of resilience were shown in the effects of adolescents' experience of abuse damage on their aggressiveness. For the verification of mediation effects' significance, the Sobel test was carried out. The findings of this study are meaningful, as this study provides empirical data. Based on the findings, this study proposed the need of resilience consolidation programs for adolescents in the practice of social welfare.
Adolescent;Experience of abuse damage;Aggressiveness;resilience;Mediation effect
- B. London, G. Downey, C. Bonica & L. Paltin,(2007). Social Causes and Consequences of Rejection Sensitivity. Journal of Research on Adolescence. 17(3), 481-506. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-7795.2007.00531.x
- P. Orpinas, F. Frankowski(2001). The Aggression Scale: A Self-Report Measure of Aggressive Behavior for Young Adolescents. Journal of Early Adolescence. 21(1), 50-67. https://doi.org/10.1177/0272431601021001003
- Curious Story of SBS(2017). Why Could not the Cruel Violence Case of a Middle School Girl in Busan be Prevented?. Y 375 sessions. aired on Sep. 8.
- S. Y. Rho(2001). The Mediation Effects of Children's Emotional Control Capability in the Relationship between Mother's Psychological Control and Children's Aggressiveness, Graduate School of Sookmyung Women's University, Master's Thesis.
- D. H. Han(2012). Individual Internal Factors Affecting Parental Child-rearing Attitudes and Aggressiveness. Graduate School of Ajou University. Master's Thesis.
- J. Y. Jung(2013). The Effects of Parental Child-rearing Attitudes Perceived by Children, Children's Self-Concept, and Peer Perception on Children's Aggressiveness. Graduate School of Sungkyunkwan University, Master's Thesis.
- Bowlby(1980). Attachment and a loss, New York: Basic Boods, 3.
- A. Y. Lee, S. G. Yu(2011). The Effects of Couple's Violence Exposure Level and Child Abuse Experience on Children's Aggressiveness: Focused on the Data of KYPS. Study of Youth Welfare. 13(2), 225-245.
- M. J. Park, B. G. Choi(2004). Ecological Variables Having Effects on Adolescents' Relational Aggressiveness. Journal of Korea Home Management Association. 22(3), 1-18.
- H. Y. Shin & H. R. Choi(2003). Correlations between Abuse Experiences from Parents, Aggressiveness, and Interpersonal Uneasiness - Focused on the High Graders of Elementary School. Journal of Korean Psychological Association: Counseling and Psychological Treatment. 15(2), 295-307.
- Y. J. Lim, E. H. Lee(2000). Children's Social Information Processing Ability and Social Behavioral Characteristics according to Peer Position. Journal of Korean Home Economics Association. 38(1), 9-23.
- National Child Protection Agency(2017). www.korea1391.go.kr
- J. Block, J. H. Block(2006). Venturing a 30-year Longitudinal Study. American Psychologist. 61(4), 315-327. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.61.4.315
- S. H. Hong(2014) The Effects of Mother Attachment Perceived by Adolescents on School Violence Victimization Experience. Graduate School of Sungkyul University, Doctoral Dissertation.
- J. H. Kim(2011). Pleasant Secrets Transforming Resilient Ordeals into Good Fortune, Wisdom House.
- R. R. Greene(1991). Human Behavior Theory and Social Work Practice, New York: Aldine De Gruyter.
- H. I. Kim, M. S. Shin & E. J. Kim(2012). Correlations between Emotional Abuse Experiences and Psychological Maladjustment in Adulthood: The Mediation Effects of Emotional Perception Difficulties and Expression Control. Journal of Korea Society for the Emotional & Behavioral Disorders. 4(4), 353-380.
- A. Y. Lee, S. Gl. Yu(2011). The Effects of Couple's Violence Exposure Level and Child Abuse Victimization Experience on Children's Aggressiveness. Focused on the Data of KYPS. Study of Youth Welfare. 13(2), 225-245.
- S. H. Go(1992). Child Abuse Concept Regulation and Perception Trend in the Children of Mothers on Child Abuse. Graduate School of Seoul National University, Doctoral Dissertation.
- Y. J. Lee, H. G. Choi(2006). Human Behaviors and Social Environment, Nanam Publishing House.
- H. S. Park, J. Y. Park & J. E. Kim(2014). The Longitudinal Causal Relationship of Parental Abuse and Children's Aggressiveness: Focused on Differences in Poverty Group and Non-Poverty Group. Korean Society of School Social Work. 29, 1-24.
- M. K. Cho, C. K. Kim & S. H. Jung(2014). The Structural Relationship and Latent Mean Analysis of Gender among Abuse, Peer Attachment, Self-Respect, Depression and Aggression for Middle School Students. Korean Association of Youth Welfare. 16(2), 54-79.
- J. H.. Mun(2009). Effects of Children's Abuse Experiences by Type on Behavioral Problems and Peer Relationship. Graduate School of Sookmyung Women's University, Master's Thesis.
- S. H. Hong, H. G. Park(2013). The Mediation Effects of Rejection Uneasiness Sensitivity in the Relations between Emotional Abuse on Children and Peer Harrassment. Korean Journal of Elementary Education. 24(2), 59-74. https://doi.org/10.20972/kjee.24.2.201306.59
- E. S. Byeon, J. Y. Lee(2016). The Effects of Emotional Abuse on Children's Overt and Relational Aggressiveness: The Mediation Effects of Rejection Sensitivity according to Gender. Journal of Korea Psychological Association: Counseling and Psychological Treatment. 28(4), 1125-1149.
- G. H. Kim(2017). The Mediation Effects of Ego Resilience in the Relations between Parental Negligence and Abuse and Adolescents' Adaptation to School Life. Journal of Korea Contents Association. 17(4), 413-423. DOI : https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2017.17.04.413 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2017.17.04.413
- H. Y. Lee(2015). The Effects of Adolescents' Abuse Experiences on Juvenile Delinquency - Verification of Ego Resilience's Mediation Effects and Social Support's Control Effects. Research of Correction Welfare. 37, 89-119. DOI : http://www.earticle.net.libproxy.kyonggi.ac.kr: 8088/article.aspx?sn=250262
- S. J. Kim, I. J. Chung(2013). A Longitudinal Study of Persistent and Recency Effects of Child Maltreatment on Depression,Anxiety and Aggression. The Korean Society of Child Welfare. 43, 1-28.
Supported by : Kyonggi University’s