- Volume 9 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study of the design method for Interactive squat exercise Instrument
인터렉티브 스쿼트운동기구의 설계방법에 관한 연구
- Jeong, Byeong-Ho (Division. of Automotive, Nambu University) ;
- Park, Ju-Hoon (Division. of Automotive, Nambu University) ;
- Kim, Ji-won (Dept. of Physical Therapy, Nambu University)
- Received : 2017.12.13
- Accepted : 2018.02.20
- Published : 2018.02.28
Squat exercise is one of the free weight exercises that are recognized as important from a bio-mechanical point of view. It is an important exercise to train lower extremity muscles in daily activities or sports activities and to strengthen trunk and lower body strength. It is effective and accurate to use a variety of assistive devices to calibrate athletic posture with squat exercise supported interactive device. The issues of the structural analysis for design a foot plate for squat exercise is to model the behavior by simplifying the dynamic behavior. In this paper, the authors proposed a exercise system design method for the vertical load distribution and bio-mechanical signal process used for the squat exercise mechanism analysis, and based on these results, designed device can make the more safe and reliable free weight exercise. It is applied to system design through design method with kinematic dynamic, VR device and estimation model of exercise.
Supported by : Nambu University, National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)
- Picard, R. W., Vyzas, E., & Healey, J. (2001). Toward machine emotional intelligence: Analysis of affective physiological state. IEEE transactions on pattern analysis and machine intelligence, 23(10), 1175-1191. https://doi.org/10.1109/34.954607
- Li, L., Olson, M. W., & Winchester, J. B. (2008). A proposed method for determining peak power in the jump squat exercise. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research, 22(2), 326-331. https://doi.org/10.1519/JSC.0b013e3181635606
- Macek, J & Kleindienst. J. (2011). Exercise support system for elderly: Multi-sensor physiological state detection and usability testing. In IFIP Conference on Human-Computer Interaction. (pp. 81-88). Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer.
- Hassan, M. F. A., Zulkifley, M. A., & Hussain, A. (2015). Squat exercise abnormality detection by analyzing joint angle for knee osteoarthritis rehabilitation. Journal Teknologi, 77(7), 19-24.
- Mihai DOINEA. (2010). Mobile Platform for an Exercise Distributed Application. Body Building Science Journal, 2(3), 39-48.
- John G. Webster. (2010). Medical Instrumentation application and design. 4th ed, WILEY.
- Roger Bartlett, Introduction to Sports Biomechanics, Analysing Human Movement Patterns, 2nd Edition, Routledge Publishing, 2007.
- Drillis, R., Contini, R., & Bluestein, M. (1969). Body segment parameters. New York University, School of Engineering and Science.
- Jim Karki (2002). Active Low-Pass Filter Design, Texas Instruments, Application Report.
- B. G. Jung. J. W. Kim & B. H. Jeong. (2017). A Study of Structural Analysis Simulation for Squat Excise Foot Plate. Journal of The Korea Convergence Society, 9(X). 355-372
- Dugan, E. L., Doyle, T. L., Humphries, B., Hasson, C. J., & Newton, R. U. (2004). DETERMINING THE OPTIMAL LOAD FOR JUMP SQUATS: AREVIEW OF METHODS AND CALCULATIONS. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research, 18(3), 668-674. https://doi.org/10.1519/00124278-200408000-00050
- Schoenfeld, B. J. (2010). Squatting kinematics and kinetics and their application to exercise performance. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research, 24(12), 3497-3506. https://doi.org/10.1519/JSC.0b013e3181bac2d7
- Walsh, J. C., Quinlan, J. F., Stapleton, R., FitzPatrick, D. P., & McCormack, D. (2007). Three-dimensional motion analysis of the lumbar spine during "free squat" weight lift training. The American journal of sports medicine, 35(6), 927-932. https://doi.org/10.1177/0363546506298276
- Nicholas Soleyn. (2013). Starting Strength - Analyzing the Squat. The Aasgaard Company, 1-8.
- S. Hee. Cho & S. Y. Lee. (2016). A Effect of the Squat Convergence Exercise Among Knee Joint Angle on Quadricpes Strength in the Patients With Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome. Journal of The Korea Convergence Society, 17(2). 43-52.
- S. G. Back. (2016). Effects of Using Convergence Circuit Weight Training on the Blood Lipids and Oxygen-carrying Factors in Middle-aged Women. Journal of The Korea Convergence Society, 7(6). 267-274. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.6.267