- Volume 9 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Diathermy Treatment through Physiotherapist's Hand on the Pain and Disability Index in Chronic Lumbar Pain Patients
물리치료사 손을 통한 고주파치료가 만성요통 환자의 통증과 장애지수에 미치는 영향
- Kwon, Kung (Hana hospital) ;
- Kim, Chan Mun (Rehart hospital) ;
- Park, Shin-Jun (Dept. of Physical Therapy, Gangdong College)
- Received : 2017.12.13
- Accepted : 2018.02.20
- Published : 2018.02.28
A test study was conducted to identify the effects of diathermy through therapist's hand on patients with chronic lumbar pain. The study assessed the effectiveness of Winback High Frequency TECAR Therapy on 21 patients suffering from chronic lumbar pain and the testing was held at H Hospital and began in April 2016 and concluded in September 2016. Assessment of pain relief was through a Visual Analogue Scale (VAS) and the Oswestry Disability Questionnaire (ODQ). The results showed a VAS score decrease from
- S. A. Dugan. (2006). The role of exercise in the prevention and management of acute low back pain, clinics in occupational and environmental medicine. 5(3). 615-632.
- J. D. Cassidy. L. J. Carroll & Cote. P. (1998). The saskatchewan health and back pain survey: The prevalence of low back pain and related disability in saskatchewan Adults. Spine, 23(17). 1860-1866. https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-199809010-00012
- D. J. Jorgensen. (2007). Fiscal analysis of emergency admissions for chronic back pain: a pilot study from a Maine hospital. Pain Medicine, 8(4). 354-358. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1526-4637.2007.00309.x
- M. H. Jun. J. Y. Jung. & M. S. Kim. (2012). Factors affecting postoperative uncertainty of the patients undergone lumbar spinal surgery. Journal of muscle and joint health, 19(3). 294-307. https://doi.org/10.5953/JMJH.2012.19.3.294
- Von Korff. M. & K. Saunders.. (1996). The course of back pain in primary care. Spine, 21(24). 2833-2837. https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-199612150-00004
- G. B. Andersson. (1999). Epidemiological features of chronic low-back pain, The lancet, 354(9178). 581-585. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(99)01312-4
- N. Bogduk. & L. Barnsley. (1999). Back pain and neck pain: an evidence-based update, Progress in pain research and management, 16. 371-377.
- S. G. Chung. (2007). Rehabilitative treatments of chronic low back pain, Journal of the Korean medical association, 50(6). 494-506. https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2007.50.6.494
- J. H. Lee. (1992). Electrical therapy. Seoul DeaHakSeolim, 313-372, 437-489.
- S. O. Kang. (2005). RF Diathermy effect in the slimming body shaping treatment program for obese adult women. MS. thesis, Sungshin Women's University, Seoul.
- E. J. Jung. (2006). The effects of high frequency therapy on abdomen circumfence changes of adult women obesity, MS. thesis, ChungAng University, Seoul.
- Giombini. A. Di Cesare. A. Di Cesare. M. Ripani. M & Maffulli. N. (2011). Localized hyperthermia induced by microwave diathermy in osteoarthritis of the knee: a randomized placebo-controlled double-blind clinical trial, knee surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy, 19(6). 980-987. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00167-010-1350-7
- Rabini. A, et al. (2012). Effects of local microwave diathermy on shoulder pain and function in patients with rotator cuff tendinopathy in comparison to subacromial corticosteroid injections: a single-blind randomized trial, Journal of orthopaedic & sports physical therapy, 42(4). 363-370. https://doi.org/10.2519/jospt.2012.3787
- Y. Akyol. Y. Ulus. D. Durmus. F. Canturk. A. Bilgici. O. Kuru & Y. Bek. (2012). Effectiveness of microwave diather my on pain, functional capacity, muscle strength, quality of life, and depression in patients with subacromial impingement syndrome: a randomized placebo-controlled clinical study, Rheumatology international, 32(10). 3007-3016. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00296-011-2097-2
- Ortega. J. A. A, Fernández. E. C, Llorent. R. G, González. M. R, & Martínez. A. D. D. (2014). Microwave diathermy for treating nonspecific chronic neck pain: a randomized controlled trial, The Spine Journal, 14(8). 1712-1721. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.spinee.2013.10.025
- N. J. Manek & A. J. MacGregor. (2005). Epidemiology of back disorders: prevalence, risk factors, and prognosis, Current opinion in rheumatology, 17(2). 134-140.
- S. G. Wi. (2010). A study on design of high-frequency resistive electric transfer medical therapy apparatus, MS, thesis, Dong-e University. Busan.
- O. C. Whitaker & C. A. Warfield. (1988). The measurement of pain, Hospital practice, 23(2). 155-156.
- Fairbank. J. C, Couper. J, Davies. J. B, & O'brien JP. (1980). The oswestry low back pain disability questionnaire, Physiotherapy, 66(8). 271-273.
- Jeon. C. H, Kim. D. J, Lee. H. M, & Park. H. J. (2005). Cross-cultural adaptation of the Korean version of the Oswestry Disability Index (ODI), Journal of Korean Society of Spine Surgery, 12(2). 146-152. https://doi.org/10.4184/jkss.2005.12.2.146
- Takahashi. K, Suyama. T, Onodera. M, Hirabayashi. S, Tsuzuki. N, & Zhong-Shi. L. (1999). Clinical effects of capacitive electric transfer hyperthermia therapy for lumbago, Journal of physical therapy science, 11(1). 45-51. https://doi.org/10.1589/jpts.11.45
- Yoo. Y. D, et al. (2009). The Effect of high frequency current therapy(INDIBA) and low frequency current therapy(TENS/HOT PACK) on pain and muscle strength in upper trapezius muscle, Journal of Korean society of sports physical therapy, 5(1). 1-9.
- Jang,J. H. Doh, E. J. & Kim. K. W. (2009). A study on the influence of high-frequency therapy and swedish massage up on the alleviation of trapezius muscle pain and stress, Journal of Korean society of aesthetics and cosmetology, 7(3). 121-130.
- Garrett. C. L, Draper. D. O, & Knight. K. L. (2000). Heat distribution in the lower leg from pulsed short-wave diathermy and ultrasound treatments, Journal of Athletic Training, 35(1). 50-55.
- J. C. Kim. H.-S. Jeon.. C. Yi.-H. Kwon. O.-Y. & D.-W. Oh. (2007). Strength and endurance of the deep neck flexors of Industrial workers with and without neck pain, Journal of the Ergonomics Society of Korea, 26(4). 25-31. https://doi.org/10.5143/JESK.2007.26.4.025
- K. H. Jeong. (2014). Effects of RET radio frequency therapy on the pain, grip strangth, and EMG in the patients with lateral epicondylitis, MS, thesis, Daegu University. Gyeongsangbukdo.
- D. J, Lee. J. H. Shim. S. I. Yoon & S. Park. (2017). Effect of convergence-based russian current and transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation at quadriceps muscles on pain, strength, and performance in persons with anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(1). 77-87. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.1.077
- C. B. Park. E. H. Jung & H. S. Lee. (2017). A study on bodyblade training of convergency relation of trunk muscles activity and pain in patients with low back pain," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(11). 123-131. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.11.123
- Back. I. C, & J. H. Shim. (2016). Pelvic compression belt convergence impact on the thickness of multifidus and erector spinae muscles, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 7(5). 51-57. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.5.051