- Volume 9 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Female worker′s menstrual discomforts and coping -focus on hospital workers-
여성근로자의 월경시 불편감과 대처방법에 따른 완화정도 -의료기관 종사자를 대상으로-
- Lim, Yun-Mi (College of Nursing, Ewha Womens University)
- 임윤미 (이화여자대학교 간호과학과)
- Received : 2017.12.13
- Accepted : 2018.02.20
- Published : 2018.02.28
Purpose: This study is to investigate the pattern of discomfort, coping style and relief level of female workers. Methods: The subjects were 394 women who worked at three general hospitals located in S city and agreed to the purpose of this study. Data were collected April 20~30, 2010, and one-way ANOVA and Pearson's correlation were performed using descriptive statistics using SAS 9.2. Results: showed that discomfort during menstruation was significantly different from age, marital status, pregnancy experience, and birth experience. The average degree of discomfort during menstruation was
- K. E. An. (2001). Perimenstrual pain and coping behaviors in young women. Nursing Science, 13(2), 29-40.
- M. H. Kim & Y. Yoo. (2009). Knowledge of Menstruation, Emotional Reaction to Menarche, Attitude toward Menstruation and Coping Behavior among Korean Primary School Students. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 15(1), 64-72. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2009.15.1.64
- E. Koff., J. Rierdan & L. Stubbs. (1990). Conceptions and misconceptions of the menstrual cycle. Women Health, 16(3-4), 119-136. https://doi.org/10.1300/J013v16n03_07
- E. M. Jeon. (2003). A Study on Menstrual Symptoms, Coping and Relief of Symptoms in Female College Students. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 9(2), 161-169.
- W. Y. Hwang. (2004). Women's menstrual discomforts and coping. Health & Nursing, 16(2), 41-50.
- J. M. Park., S. R. Suh., K. Y. Kim & H. J. Kim. (2012). Female Workers' Attitudes Toward Menstruation, Premenstrual Discomfort and Coping Method. Journal Korean Soc Matern Child Health, 16(1), 100-112.
- E. H. Kim & S. J. Kim. (2001). Pre - Menstruation Discomforts Experienced by Women. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 7(4), 631-641.
- Y. W. Jo. et al. (2012). Relationship between Menstruation Distress and Coping Method among 3-shift Hospital Nurses. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 18(3), 170-179. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2012.18.3.170
- S. G. Kang., H. M. Kim., S. H. Park., C. Y. Back., J. Y. Shim & H. B. Woo. (2014). A Study on Menstrual Attitude and Gender Role Stereotype of Adolescent School Girls Related to Pre and Post Menstrual Discomfort. Health & Nursing, 1(48), 31-50.
- Y. I. Kim., E. H. Lee., G. E. Jeon & S. J. Choi. (2013). A Study on Coping Styles for Dysmenorrhea and Affecting Factors in Middle School Students. Journal Korean Acad Community Health Nurs, 24(3), 264-272. https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2013.24.3.264
- M. Chiou & H. Wang. (2008). Predictors of dysmenorrhea and self-care behavior among vocational nursing school female students. Journal of Nursing Research. 16(1), 17-25. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.JNR.0000387286.30688.5b
- K. E. Park & S. E. Lee. (2001). A Study on Premenstrual syndrome and Menstrual Attitude. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 7(3), 359-372.
- J. Y. Park. (2010). The influence of taekwondo players' of premenstrual syndrome on self-satisfaction of sports performance. Master's thesis. Chosun University, Gwangju.
- T. Y. Yoon. (2009). Changes in the Mental and Physical Symptoms, and Balance Ability, Joint Relaxation, and Sex Hormone during the Menstrual Cycle in Female Athletes. Master's thesis. Dankook University, Seoul.
- Y. H. Park., B. S. Jung., C. Y. Kim & C. Lee. (2001). Prevalence of Premenstrual Dysphorie Disorder and Occupational Function in a Nurse Group. Journal of the Korean Neuropsychiatric Association, 40(5), 832-841.
- R. H. Moos. (1968). The development of a menstrual distress questionnaire. Psychosom Med, 30(6), 853-867. https://doi.org/10.1097/00006842-196811000-00006
- A. G. Billings & R. H. Moos. (1981). The role of coping responses and social resources in attenuating the stress of life events. Journal Behav. Med, 4(2), 139-157. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00844267
- S. H. Ahn & Y. M. Kim. (2008). A Study of the Reception about Menstruation and Discomforts of Using Disposable Menstrual Pads. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 14(3), 173-180.
- Y. Y. Lee., H. H. Yoon., S. H. Lee., J. S. Park., E. H. Lee & S. H. Jin. (2017). The Convergence Influence of Smoking, Drinking and Stress on Female college Premenstrual syndrome(PMS). Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(9), 135-142. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.9.135
- J. H. Shin., M. H. Chung., M. A. Park & Y. G. Ahn. (2007). A Comparison Study of the Views and Actual Use of Women's Sanitary Products in Korea and Japan. Journal of The Korean Society of Living Environmental System, 14(2), 110-116.
- M. H. Sung., K. O. Min., Y. J. Jang & J. Y. Jeon. (2006). Perimenstrual Discomforts, Coping and Relief of Symptoms in Female Workers. Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing, 20(1), 57-68.
- J. H. Kim., M. K. Park & M. R. Oh. (2013). Meta-analysis of Complementary and Alternative intervention on Menstrual Distress. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 19(1), 23-33. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2013.19.1.23
- C. Barker. (1990). Pistrang N, Shapiro DA, Shaw I. Coping and help-seeking in the UK adult population. British Journal of Clinical Psychology, 29(3), 271-285. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2044-8260.1990.tb00885.x