- Volume 9 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Music Lesson Applying the Blended Learning-based STEAM Education on the Musical Knowledge and STEAM Literacy of Pre-service Kindergarten Teachers
블랜디드 러닝 기반 STEAM 교육 적용 음악수업이 예비유아교사의 음악지식 및 융합인재소양에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Ok-Ju (Department of Early Childhood Education, Choonhae College of Heath Sciences)
- 김옥주 (춘해보건대학교 유아교육과)
- Received : 2017.12.13
- Accepted : 2018.02.20
- Published : 2018.02.28
The objective of this study is to analyze the effects of music lesson applying the blended learning-based STEAM education on the musical knowledge and STEAM literacy of pre-service kindergarten teachers. After conducting a pre-test on the musical knowledge and STEAM literacy targeting 20 students(3rd year) of early childhood music lesson in Dept. of Early Childhood Education of C University in O Metropolitan City and 19 students(3rd year) of early childhood music lesson in Dept. of Early Childhood Education of D University in B Metropolitan City, the effectiveness of the pre - post test design was verified. In the results of study, the experimental group with music lesson applying the blended learning-based STEAM education showed significantly improved results in all the areas of musical knowledge and convergence, creativity, and communication out of STEAM literacy than the control group with general music lesson. Such results of this study imply that music lesson applying the blended learning-based STEAM education could be usefully used as a teaching/learning method to improve musical knowledge and STEAM literacy of pre-service kindergarten teachers in university education site in the future.
Supported by : Choonhae College of Health Sciences
- H. S. Kim. (2006). On Becoming the Teacher : Newly Appointed Preschool Teachers' Teaching Stories. Korean Journal of Early Childhood Education, 26(2). 283-306.
- M. H. An, (2005). Relation between Teachers' Specialities and Incentives for their Enhancement, as perceived by Elementary School Teachers. Konkuk of University Graduate school, Ph.D. thesis.
- K. W. Jeon. (2017). 4th Industrial Revolution and the infant's creativity training. Journal of Workplace childcare, 51. 4-5.
- K. J. Mun. J. Y. Mun. Y. H. Hwang. & S. W. Kim. Changes in High School Students' Creative Leader Competency through STEAM R&E. Journal of the Association for Science Education, 37(5). 825-833.
- C. J. Lee. (2017). The Effect of Music Education for Early Years Using STEAM Education on the Pre-service Early Childhood Teachers' Musical Knowledge, Music Teaching Efficacy, Musical Attitude and Creativity. The Journal of Humanities and Social Science, 8(5). 1037-1058.
- H. K. Hee. (2013). Math lesson applying STEAM education development and application. Daegu National of University Education, Ph.M. thesis.
- M. S. Kim. (2015). A music learning method for the development of creativity in liberal education. Journal of The Korean Association of General Education, 9(1). 333-359.
- K. S. Moon. Y. H. Seung. & J. W. Chung. (2016). A Review on the Current Policy and Program Development Studies for STEAM Education from a Perspective of Music Education. Journal of Future Music Education, 1(1). 41-61.
- E. J. Yang & M. S. Kang. (2015). Development of Music-Science Convergence Program(STEAM): Focusing on Popular Music Instrument Making and Smart phone Application Composition. Korea Association of Arts Education, 13(3).. 205-219.
- M. J. Seok. M. Y. Choi. D. E. Jung & J. H. Jung. (2014). The Development of a Music-Centered STEAM Program for Elementary School Students. Journal of Research in Curriculum & Instruction, 18(2). 365-385. https://doi.org/10.24231/rici.2014.18.2.365
- E. H. Jung. (2014). STEAM Based Music Teaching and Learning Methods for 5th graders of Elementary School. Seoul National University of Education, Ph.M. thesis.
- O. J. Hyang. J. E. Jung. S. Y. Kang & M. J. Ha. (2014). A Study of Application and Examples of STEAM in Secondary Music Classroom. The Journal of Learner-Centerd Curriculum and Instruction, 14(1). 69-97.
- K. H. Choi. (2015). A study for the development of music lesson method applying STEAM theory : focused on high-school music class. Yonsei National University of Education, Ph.M. thesis.
- D. Y. Sim. (2017). A Study to Develop Lesson Plans and Materials of 'Creative' Activities in Music Class by Applying STEAM Education Targeted for Second Year Students in High School. Korean Journal of Arts Education, 15(3). 77-100.
- H. S. Cho. M. J. Kim & K. W. Nam. (2014). Effects of "STEAM Education Focusing Music and Movement Activity" on Children's Problem-Solving skills, Creative Personality, and Emotional Intelligence. Journal of The Korean Society for Early Childhood Teacher Education, 18(2). 421-445.
- D. Y. Lee. (2013). Research on Developing Instructional Design Models for Flipped Learning. Journal of Digital Convergence, 11(12). 83-92. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.83
- C. J. Lee. (2011). The Effects of Blended Learning on Early Childhood Pre-Service Teachers' Attitudes toward Mathematics and Perception of Mathematics Teaching Contents and Methods. CNU Journal of Educational Studiesm, 32(2), 149-165. https://doi.org/10.18612/cnujes.2011.32.2.149
- S. J. Heo. S. D. Cheul & C. S. Kim. (2017). Learning Effect Analysis for Flipped Learning based Computer Use Instruction. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(1), 155-162. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.1.155
- D. R. Kim. (2017). Flipped Learning mathematics impact on the University Academic Achievement. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(6), 209-218. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.6.209
- C. J. Lee. (2015). The Effects of Preservice Early Childhood Teacher's Music Knowledge and Music Teaching Anxiety on Beliefs of Music Education for Children. Journal of The Korea Society for Children's Media, 14(4). 229-246.
- E. J. Jang. (2007). Development of the early childhood music education program model for in-service teachers. Ewha Womans of University, PhD. thesis.
- Y. H. Choi. J. A. Noh. Y. J. Lee. D. W. Lee. E. S. Lee. & J. H. Noh (2013). The Development of the STEAM Literacy Measurement Instrument for elementary, junior-high, and high school students. Journal of Korean Technology Education Association, 13(2). 177-198..
- O. J. Kim. (2014). A Study pre-service teachers' teaching capacity Study on Development of blended Learning-based STEAM-2PBL Teaching Learning Model. Teaching and learning research conference excellent case book, 35(2). 51-100.
- J. T. Kim & H. J. Kim. (2012). Developing a blended instructional learning model optimized for English teaching at off-line universities. Multimedia Assisted Language Learning, 15(1). 135-155.
- J. W. Km & H. H. Won. (2016). Meta-analysis of creativity effects of STEAM education. Korean journal of educational research, 54(2). 169-195.
- K. H. Lee. E. K. Kim & K. H. Yo. (2013). The Relationships of Creativity, Problem Solving Ability and Motivation in College Students. The Journal of creativity education, 13(1). 129-139.
- M. H. Yoo. G. S. Park. J. J. Choi. M. L. Lim. J. A. Kim. M. C. Shin. C. S. Lee. Y. E. Lee. H. S. Yu. H. & K. Chung. (2016). The Development of Appropriate Technology theme STEAM Program for the Elementary Students and its Application Effects on Creative Thinking Activity, Scientific Attitude and Leadership. Journal of Science Education, 40(2). 44-165.