- Volume 9 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Comparative Analysis on Preference of Men's Jewelry in Korea and China (Focused on Tie-pin and Cufflinks)
한국과 중국의 남성 장신구 선호도 비교 분석 (넥타이핀과 커프스 버튼을 중심으로)
- Ko, Seung-Geun (Dept. Jewelry and Design, Wonkwang University)
- 고승근 (원광대학교 귀금속보석공예과)
- Received : 2017.12.13
- Accepted : 2018.02.20
- Published : 2018.02.28
This is the study on the preference of men's jewelry in Korea and China. It started to change and develop the market of modern men's jewelry, which is increasingly growing. The men's jewelry market, in Korea, has developed as small market as part of women's, and since 2006, it has started to grow as men's jewelry. However, it is still treated only by some brands. It is a time when innovation is needed because design diversity is weak. The men's jewelry market in China is rapidly developing under the influence of young emerging rich people. However, as in Korea, a research on the design of men's jewelry is insufficient, so it is urgent to study the preference for men's jewelry. Each survey was conducted on a the tie-pin and cufflinks as the most representative men's jewelry in Korea and China. As a result, both countries were not satisfied with the designs currently being sold. In Korea, the popularity of the tie-pin and the cufflinks is made to some extent, and customizing to consumer and innovative development are required. And, in China, the popularity of the tie-pin and the cufflinks made it possible to expect the growth of the men's jewelry market.
- K. I. Lee. (1990). A Study on the Development of Accessaries Design for Man - mainly on the nesktie pin and cuffs button. Sookmyung Women's University, 5-19.
- J. J. Cheon. (1990). (A) Study of Necktie-Pin & Cuffs Button Design Appling Korean a Doggaebi Pattern. Sookmyung Women's University.
- S. Y. Lee. (2008). A Study for Men Ornaments Design. Seoul National University of Technology, 4-11.
- D. Jeong. (2014). A Basic Research for the Revitalization of Men's Accessories Industry. Seoul National University of Technology, 8-13.
- E. K. Jung & Su-Mi Kwon. (2011). Culture and Consumer Behavior, 4.
- Hawkins & Mothersbaugh. (2014). Consumer Behavior Building Marketing Strategy, Jiphil Media Co., Ltd, p.34.
- S. H. Seo, Consumer Behavior, Park Young-su, p.17, 2005
- M. J. Lee. (2016). Study on the Men's Jewelry : Focusing on Buttonhole, Konkuk University, 25.
- H. K. Kim. (2003). The analysis of the influential factors on megatrends and design trend : focused on fashion design and design colors in the late 20th century, Yonsei University.
- S. W. Han. (2003). Systematization of fashion trend information planning process and development of a prototype tool : based on the analysis of color and form from flower, Yonsei University.
- K .H. Kim. (2017). Strategic platform development through trend analysis, Hongik University.
- S. J. Han. (2008). The shoes trend analysis of the fashion leader group, Kyunghee University.
- J. Y .Gwon. (2010). (A) comparative studies on fashion trends colors and deconstruction fashion colors : using Paris Pret-a-Porter collection in female apparel : 2007 - 2010, Hongik University.