- Volume 9 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Impact of Interactivity in Smart Signage and Flow on the Engagement and Memory Accessibility
스마트 사이니지의 상호작용성과 플로우(Flow)가 인게이지먼트와 기억 접근성에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2017.11.13
- Accepted : 2018.01.20
- Published : 2018.02.28
The purpose of this study is to establish smart signage in a certain space and to analyze not only media ingestion and advertising inducement as well as any information (high vs. low vs. low) and flow level And the memory effect related to whether or not to remember. The results of this study show that the higher the interaction level and the higher the engagement level, the higher the advertising engagement is. In addition, media involvement was high when interaction level was low and flow level was high. Finally, if the level of interactivity is low and the level of flow is high, then non - valued attribution information is more likely to be recalled than the comprehensive evaluation information. If the interaction of smart signage is high and the flow of users is low, Recalled more recall information. In the future, detailed strategies for enhancing user flow will be needed rather than a strategy for unconditional enhancement of interaction in smart signage strategy.
Smart Signage;Interactivity;Flow;Engagement;Memory Effect
- A. W. Alba, H. Marmorstein & A. Chattopadhyay. (1992). Transitions in Preference over Time: The Effects of Memory on Message Mersuasiveness. Journal of Marketing Research, 31(November), 406-416.
- R. Kardes & Frank. (1986). Effects of Initial Product Judgments on Subsequent Memory-based Judgments. Journal of Consumer Research, 13(1), 1-11. https://doi.org/10.1086/209043
- B. G. Kim, W. B. Lee & S. H. Ryu. (2018). Development of Baekje Cultural Tourism Contents by Utilizing Portable VR glasses. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(1), 317-323. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.1.317
- J. Jee & J. S. Hwang. (2002). Measures of Perceived Interactivity: An Exploration of the Role of Direction of Communication, User Control, and Time in Shaping Perceptions of Interactivity. Journal of Interactivity Advertising, 31(3), 29-42. https://doi.org/10.1080/00913367.2002.10673674
- T. C. Kang. (2012). A Study of Factors Affecting the Adoption of Digital Signage as Advertising Media. Journal of Communication Science, 12(4), 5-34.
- K. S. Han. (2013). Influence of Brand Experience by Digital Signage Advertising Types on Engagement. Advertising Research, 98, 43-84.
- J. B. Walther & J. K. Burgoon. (1992). Relational Communication in Computer-Mediated Interaction. Human Communication Research, 19(1), 50-88. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-2958.1992.tb00295.x
- K, S. Han & H. K. Chin & . T. J. Lee. (2013). Influence of Engagement and Interactivity Level on Accessibility and Diagnosticity in Smart Signage. International Journal of Digital Content Technology and its Applications, 7(11), 19-325.
- E. C. Kim & S. I. Kim. (2017). A Study on the User Experience of Smartphone Camera Application. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(12), 221-226. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.1.221
- M. Csikszenmihaly & I. S. Csikszenmihalyi. (1988). Optimal Experience: Psychological Studies of Flow in Consciousness. New York: Cambridge.
- S. H. Lee. (2000). A Group of Experience of Flow and Internet Advertising Effect. The Korean Journal of Advertising, 11(4), 135-164.
- S. W. Shim & A. H. Go. (2012). The Study on Application of QR code to Digital Signage. Korea Advertising Society, 23(5), 187-214.
- S. J. MacMillan & J. S. Hwang. (2003). Measures of Perceived Interactivity: An Exploration of the Role of Direction of Communication, User Control, and Time in Shaping Perceptions of Interactivity. Journal of Advertising, 31(3), 29-42.
- L. K. Trevino & J. Webster. (1992). Flow in Computer-Meadiat Communication. Communication Research, 19(5), 573-593.
- D. L. Hoffman & T. P. Novak. (1996). Marketing in Hypermedia Computer-Mediated Environments: Conceptual Foundations. Journal of Marketing, 60(3), 50-68. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251841
- E. Ephron. (2006). Media Planning. India: The ICFAI University Press Eubank, Sandy. Elevating Engagement Above the Silos: Tv, Print and the Internet. 1st annual Audience Measurement Symposium, New York.
- M. S. Jung & G. Y. Cho. (2012). The Effects of Media Engagement and Product Involvement on Advertising Effectiveness : A Study of Mobile Applications Engagement. Advertising Research, 23(2), 201-227.
- K. R. Lee. (2012). Effects of Cross-Media Advertising Campaign on Advertising and Brand Engagement and Purchase Intention Between Television and Internet Banner Ads. Communication Research, 20(3), 67-90.
- K. S. Han & C. M. Lee. (2009). A Study of the effects of Four Types of Memory-Based Advertising Information on Memory Accessibility-Diagnosticity. Advertising Research, 20(6), 55-81.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea