- Volume 9 Issue 2
In this paper, an efficient reversible watermarking algorithm is proposed. By using the proposed algorithm, it is possible to increase the amount of copyright-related information to be embedded in cover image. Depending on the spatial locality and surface characteristics, it is possible to precisely predict the pixel value using neighboring pixels. If the predicted pixel value almost the same as the pixel value of the cover image, the differential value between the predicted pixel value and the pixel value of cover image is very small. So, the frequency is increased greatly at the peak point of histogram of difference sequence. Thus, it is possible to increase greatly the amount of secret data to be embedded in cover image. The experimental results show that the proposed watermarking algorithm is superior to the previous algorithms.
Watermarking;Reversible watermarking;Cover image;Watermarked image;APD;Spatial locality
- H. C. Huang, C. M. Chu, and J. S. Pan, (2009). "The optimized copyright protection system with genetic watermarking," Soft Computing, 13(4), 333-343. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00500-008-0333-9
- Z. Ni, Y. Q. Shi, N. Ansari, and W. Su. (2006). "Reversible data hiding", IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, 16(3), 354-362. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSVT.2006.869964
- Y. C. Li, C. M. Yeh, and C. C. Chang. (2010). "Data hiding based on the similarity between neighboring pixels with reversibility", Digital Signal Processing, 20(4), 1116-1128. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dsp.2009.10.025
- C. L. Tsai, K. C. Fan, C. D. Chung, and T. C. Chuang, (2004). "Reversible and lossless data hiding with application in digital library," Proc. 38th Annual 2004 Int. Canahan Conf. on Security Technology, pp. 226-232.
- H. W. Tseng and C. P. Hsieh. (2008). "Reversible data hiding based on image histogram modification", Imaging Science Journal, 56(5), 271-278. https://doi.org/10.1179/174313108X288103
- T. Venkat Narayana Rao, and A. Govardhan. (2009). "Reversible Watermarking Mechanisms - a New Paradigm in Image Security", Indian Journal of Science & Technology, 2(5), 23-28.
- X. Li, B. Li, B. Yang, and T. Zeng. (2013). "General Framework to Histogram shifting based Reversible Data Hiding", IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, 22(6), 2181-2191. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIP.2013.2246179
- C. C. Lo, Y. C. Hu, W. L. Chen, and C. M. Wu. (2014). "Reversible Data Hiding Scheme for BTC-compressed Images based on Histogram Shifting", International Journal of Security and Its Applications. 8(2), 301-314. https://doi.org/10.14257/ijsia.2014.8.2.31
- M. U. Celik, G. Sharma, A. M. Tekalp, E Saber, "Reversible data hiding," Proc. 2002 Intl. Conf. on Image Processing, Vol 3, 157-160.
- C. C. Chang, W. L. Tai, and C. C. Lin, (2006). "A reversible data hiding scheme based on side match vector quantization," IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, 16(10), 1301-1308. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSVT.2006.882380
- L. Kamstra, H.J.A.M. Heijmans, (2005). "Reversible data embedding into images using wavelet techniques and sorting," IEEE Trans. on Image Process, 14(12), 2082-2090. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIP.2005.859373
- B. Ou, X. Li, and J. Wang, (2016). "High-fidelity reversible data hiding based on pixel-value-ordering and pairwise prediction-error expansion," Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, Vol. 39, 12-23. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvcir.2016.05.005
- S. M. Jung, (2016). "An advanced reversible data hiding algorithm based on the similarity between neighboring pixels," Journal of The Korea Society of Computer and Information, Vol. 21(2), 33-42. https://doi.org/10.9708/JKSCI.2016.21.2.033
- S. M. Jung, and B. Y. On. (2016). "Reversible data hiding algorithm using spatial locality and the surface characteristics of image", Journal of The Korea Society of Computer and Information. 21(8), 1-12. https://doi.org/10.9708/JKSCI.2016.21.8.001
- S. M. Jung, (2016). "Reverssible data hiding algorithm", The 2nd International Conference onf Information, Electronics, and Communication Technology + Digital Contents ociety 2016, 124-127.