- Volume 9 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on Interaction Design for Improving Usability of Random item box in Korean Mobile Game
국내 모바일 게임의 확률형 아이템 사용성 개선을 위한 인터랙션 디자인에 관한 연구
- Choi, Seong-Hun (Dept. of Digital Media Design, Hongik University, International Design School for Advanced Studies) ;
- Kim, Seung-In (Digital Media Design, Hongik University, International Design School for Advanced Studies)
- Received : 2017.12.13
- Accepted : 2018.02.20
- Published : 2018.02.28
This study is an interaction design study which can improve the usability of random item boxes that are used as in - game contents in Korean mobile games. Currently, Korean mobile game sales continue to rise. Sales of random item boxes are the main reason for the increase in sales. Problems with the use of random item boxes have been continuously raised, and legal regulations are currently in place. When using random item boxes, the user can not know the exact percentage information. There is a concern that this expresses gambling. In this context, we have studied interaction design to improve the usability of random item boxes, and conducted user online surveys and in - depth interviews to provide users with a better game experience. As a result, it is shown that providing percentage information intuitively when using random item boxes can enhance user experience. Through this study, it is expected that interaction design research will be actively conducted to provide a better user experience when using random item boxes.
Supported by : Hongik University
- J. H. Hong. (2014). The Growth History of Mobile Game Industry in Korea. Journal of The Korean Academy of Business Historians. 70(0). 29-49.
- H. G. Kim. (2013). An Analysis of Trend and Profitability System for Mobile Game Industry. Journal of The Korea Entertainment Industry Association. 2013(11). 180-183.
- Y. J. Shin & M. S. Yim. (2012). A Study of the Relationship Analysis between Mobile Application by Using An Association Rules. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society. 3(2). 19-25.
- Y. I. Lee, H. M. Lee & S. H. Ryu. (2017). An empirical study on mobile game success factor : Focusing on Com2us case. Korea Humanities Content Society. (46). 307-330. DOI: 10.18658/humancon.2017.09.46.307 https://doi.org/10.18658/humancon.2017.09.46.307
- J. H. Lee & B. J. Yoo. (2016). User Acceptance of Mobile Healthcare Applications: An Integrated Model of UTAUT and HBM Theory. The Korea society of management information systems. 2016(11). 180-185.
- J. H. Han. (2015). A study on the regulation for in-game random box: based on the proposed revision bill of THE GAME INDUSTRY PROMOTION ACT. Law & technology. 11(5). 94-118.
- H. G. Kim. (2012). An Analysis of Market Trend and Profitability Model for Mobile Social Game : A Case Study of Japanese Mobile Social Game. The Korean Entertainment Industry Association. 6(4). 82-92. DOI: 10.21184/jkeia.2012.12.6.4.82 https://doi.org/10.21184/jkeia.2012.12.6.4.82
- D. H. Min & G. H. Oh. (2012). A study on micro-transaction based payment medel in mobile social network game. Journal of The Korean Society for Computer Game. 25(4). 169-179.
- Netmarble games. (2017). 2017 3/4quarter Earnings announcement. Netmarble games publishing.
- Korea Creative Content Agency. (2017). 2017 Game Users Survey Report. Korea Creative Content Agency puvlishing.
- Y. B. Oh & W. K. Kim. (2017). A Study on Mobile Game UI Design Element Considering User Experience - Focused on Management Simulation Game. Journal of The Korean Society Of Design Culture. 23(2). 413-428.
- S. B. Shin & K. S. Um. (2004). The Study on Interface Design of Mobile Game : Focused on Mobile Phone Game. Journal of Korea Design Knowledge. 1. 113-122.
- J. K. Kim. (2012). Searching for popularity factor of mobile game : Interface Quantification. Journal of The Korean Society for Computer Game. 25(4). 89-95.
- D. S. Youm & H. D. Kim. (2016). A study on the usage behavior of mobile social network game users. Journal of Practical Research in Advertising and Public Relations. 9(3). 121-140.